Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Southend (H) Match Thread
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 172 Guests

Southend (H) Match Thread

This thread currently has 10,110 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
supertown
November 19, 2021, 9:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,415
Gold Stars: 53
What has happened to the performances of a month ago or more. We look a shadow of what we were . Ah well it’s 3 points and stopped the rot
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 85
Kris2
November 19, 2021, 9:46pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,617
Gold Stars: 136
Much needed 3 points even if we made hard work of it against a struggling side. McAtee returning is positive, will need to see more from the players in the next few games if we are going to get results, hopefully this has given them some confidence with 3 points and a clean sheet.

Subs very late again,  McAtee I can understand because he just needed some minutes on the pitch and to show his face but was it really not worth throwing a couple of bodies on with 20 minutes to go to freshen it up? Hurst's sub phobia and hording of the bench is worrying at times
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 85
sonofmadeleymariner
November 19, 2021, 9:47pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,399
Gold Stars: 35
Good game, I thought we were rather unlucky at times as well so its great to still come away with a win.

Great to see McAtee back in the side and getting a run out.

I thought Fox and Sousa especially impressed tonight and I can't pick between the two for MoM.

Only person I thought looked out if sorts was Hunt (especially in the 1st half) I thought he played like he was playing through a haze or something, didn't look like hisnusual self.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 85
hampshiremariner
November 19, 2021, 9:50pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,005
Gold Stars: 35
Pleased McAtee is on the way back. How we have missed him. Three points are very welcome. The BBC shows us as lining up with four at the back, five in midfield and a lone striker. If that's right, I am amazed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 85
Mayaman
November 19, 2021, 9:52pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,259
Gold Stars: 71
sounded like Crookes and Pearson sounded solid.  Good to see McAtee back.  What can Sousa do improve his final ball?   Shame as he does a lot and when he's got the ball the opposition are on the back foot.   Hopefully, we can find our earlier form.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 85
grimsby pete
November 19, 2021, 9:53pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
A win is a win and three points.

It's better to play poorly and win than play well and lose.

Now we have some tougher games to play and hopefully a better performance and a few more points in the bag.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 85
fishcake63
November 19, 2021, 9:54pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.52
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,235
Gold Stars: 62
sousa ok till he gets in opposition box his final ball /finish rather infuriating at best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 85
forza ivano
November 19, 2021, 9:57pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,140
Gold Stars: 265
Good game, I thought we were rather unlucky at times as well so its great to still come away with a win.

Great to see McAtee back in the side and getting a run out.

I thought Fox and Sousa especially impressed tonight and I can't pick between the two for MoM.

Only person I thought looked out if sorts was Hunt (especially in the 1st half) I thought he played like he was playing through a haze or something, didn't look like hisnusual self.

good game????
wtf were you watching???
it was feckin dreadful, from both teams.  That looks a completely different team to the games in September. Lost a lot of confidence in the meantime
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 85
zorro_is_a_Mariner
November 19, 2021, 9:57pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +30 / -6
Approval: +1,369
Gold Stars: 4
The back 4 played very well tonight 👏 👌  my man of the match Taylor, he held everything up top tonight. 3 points get in utm

Gtfc all the way
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 85
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
November 19, 2021, 9:59pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,689
Gold Stars: 72
Quoted from Mayaman
sounded like Crookes and Pearson sounded solid.  Good to see McAtee back.  What can Sousa do improve his final ball?   Shame as he does a lot and when he's got the ball the opposition are on the back foot.   Hopefully, we can find our earlier form.

Hurst wouldnt be playing him if he couldnt do it in training, I imagine itll be just about relaxing in that crucial moment during a game, hes never been given regular football at any level, for whatever reason, and yet we can all see his quality is in there, he just got MoM from BT, we might just have to bear with it, which is hard when we want to win the league but it could just click one day. Id look back at when lennel john lewis came the first time, and was always snatching his chances and ballooning sitters over the bar, but hurst persevered and in the second season he managed to score more, not comparing the two style wise just that moment of tensing it up and overhitting things
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 85
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Southend (H) Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.