MuddyWaters
November 19, 2021, 10:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from It Bites
Didn't the awesome Gary Moore (musician) marry Dave Booths daughter in Holten le Clay ?

I think it was Thoresby.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 13
Heisenberg
November 20, 2021, 12:25am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +4,817
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I think it was Thoresby.

I thought she married Phil Lynott? Either way, Moore and Lynott were there, so I was told. I’m too young to know for sure.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 13
BobbyCummingsTackle
November 20, 2021, 8:55am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.52
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +6,990
Gold Stars: 285
Quoted from Heisenberg

I thought she married Phil Lynott? Either way, Moore and Lynott were there, so I was told. I’m too young to know for sure.

PHil Lynott was married to Caroline Crowther, Leslie (come on down!) Crowther's daughter. Their connection locally was that they used Bram Tchaikovsky's recording studio in (I think) Thoresby. That was where The Darkness' first album was recorded incidentally.

Don't know if it is still there and how Bram (The Motors and Ducks Deluxe) ended up there.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 13
Stranger in the Park
November 20, 2021, 1:04pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +5 / -2
Approval: -189
Gold Stars: 7
Gary Moore was married to Kerry Booth (daughter of Dave Booth) at North Thoresby in 1985. Phil Lynott was the best man and the late Rev. Bob Emm officiated the marriage.

Chapel Studio -once owned by Bram Tchaikovsky -  was in South Thoresby (near Alford).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 13
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.