Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Which stand do you sit in?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 225 Guests

Which is your stand of choice?
Pontoon Stand
Main Stand
Upper Youngs Stand
Lower Youngs Stand
  View Results 92 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll

Which stand do you sit in?

This thread currently has 2,513 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Northbank Mariner
November 19, 2021, 6:27am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,390
Gold Stars: 170
Started in the pontoon then when my lad started coming moved to the upper, but now he's old enough and daft enough we've moved back to the pontoon.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 23
KingstonMariner
November 19, 2021, 6:55am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Don’t go often enough to have a favourite. In the 70s always used to go in the Barrett. 80s lower Findus. 90s Upper Findus. Been just about everywhere since apart from the Osmond, depending on mood, availability and how cold it it.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 23
realist
November 19, 2021, 7:21am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,689
Gold Stars: 41
Our family always met in the Harrington Street corner, or in the Barret if the weather was bad. I prefer the view from the upper Smith's now, with the bonus of being able to watch the shipping if it is a poor game
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 23
Mariner56
November 19, 2021, 7:52am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +276
Gold Stars: 3
Started off in the Barrett Stand as a youngster the season before St Lawrie took over. Moved to the Main as a teenager so I could stand behind home dugout, talk to the players and collect autographs. Switched to Pontoon in the early 80s, and have been there ever since other than the enforced Osmond years. Been in the Upper a couple of times for friendlies etc but never been in Lower, the only one I haven’t tried yet.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 23
Mrbump53
November 19, 2021, 8:32am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +335
Gold Stars: 11
Started in the open corner between the pontoon and Barrett's but when the snow was too much used to move into the Barrett's. Then spent a few years in the main stand and then a few in the pontoon before I moved from the area for a few years (used to attend BP matches when I was here and those away games which were need to where I was).

Over the last 10 years have been in the Upper Youngs which gives a good few of the pitch.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 23
aldi_01
November 19, 2021, 8:39am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Interesting that upper is the winner so far…

Personally, I hate it up there, feels detached and I’m not a fan of the view. Each to their own though.

I’ve sat in all the stands at some point but only ever had my ST in lower findus.

A colleague has been attending games this year with her daughter, they’ve tried all the stands and have plumped for ST in lower findus.

Weird though isn’t it, don’t sit behind the goal at home games but much prefer it for away games…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 23
Hagrid
November 19, 2021, 9:02am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,988
Gold Stars: 508
pontoon for me first few years, had my ST seat in the upper since i was 8, love it, got a really nice crowd around us too
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 23
cmackenzie4
November 19, 2021, 9:07am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.29
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,320
Gold Stars: 33
Pontoon mainly, that was my first stand I went in the 70’s, the atmosphere back then was fantastic.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 23
Les Brechin
November 19, 2021, 9:24am

Posts Per Day: 4.19
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,645
Gold Stars: 168
Upper Smiths/Youngs/Stones (whatever it's called at the time)

I used to have a season ticket in The Pontoon when it was standing and had one in there the first season it was all seated but the view is not brilliant so thought I'd try the Upper and have been there ever since.

If the game gets a bit boring you can always watch the ships!

I''ve got quite good at ship watching the last few seasons.  

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 23
Perkins
November 19, 2021, 12:19pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,964
Gold Stars: 7
Sat on the ashtrack in front of the main stand as a nipper. Then the good old Barratts Stand, then to the Pontoon for many years with the ocasional visit to the Harrington St Corner, till eventually the Upper. The  best atmosphere was for the year we were moved to the Osmond Stand, Incredibly loud in there, never been beaten.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 23
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Which stand do you sit in?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.