November 18, 2021, 2:08pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.82
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +635
Gold Stars: 129
Quoted from chaos33

‘Wrongley’ and ‘quickley’?
Sometimes you seem to enjoy doom mongering.
You’re not even constructive or balanced. Why don’t you just give up supporting Town or writing badly expressed cobblers on a message board and taking up something you enjoy?

Well i am sorry " NOT"  for not being able to put my thoughts across as good as some can,.  Maby you should give up reading if you dont like what you read . I can asure you my ability to word things incorectly has not stoped me from doing very well in life very well. I alwase listen to reasond thoughts and welcome them  . But i will not be told basically to go away and do something else  ever
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 68
golfer
November 18, 2021, 2:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,372
Gold Stars: 111
Quoted from Stew0_0
Only player I cant see on the training video is Ben Fox, so likely to be him thats injured  

I hope not if it means letting Coke back in the 11
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 68
HertsGTFC
November 18, 2021, 3:21pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,629
Gold Stars: 217

Fair points.

I don't however agree that we cannot attract players.

We are in the 5th tier and obviously a big player in the league. We attracted players who took us to the top of the table, and of course many thousands of players over the years. We get good crowds and are in the top 3.

The location works both ways and some players would prefer to be north of Watford.

There are relatively few clubs where players can go if they are of a good 5th tier standard, they do not have an unlimited choice of clubs that are in the exact location they prefer or can afford them. I was hoping that narrowed down list would give us an advantage but we seem to be making heavy weather of it.

I do agree that we cannot keep throwing money at it, but I am equally sure the owners will not want to throw the good start and goodwill out of the window for the sake of signing a couple of players to keep us in good shape.

From what we're led to believe it's evident that we can't attract "some" of the players we wanted.

Some other things resonate..

- There are probably 4/5 other clubs who can be considered big players based upon their history and background.
- There's arguably a couple who have no real history but income streams that help and densely populated catchments to pull from.  
- We where top of the league but had what wasn't a particularly challenging start in terms of the first few opponents, we did play well overall though and that must be recognised.
- Hurst may have his critics but his work ethic on and off the training ground cannot be brought into question he'll be giving 110% to try and make us better by adding to the group.

In terms of injuries I'm not sure we know the detail  all I know is that players don't get injured on purpose and with the current staff we have possibly the best back room we've ever had to prevent it but sh1t happens.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 68
Humbercod
November 18, 2021, 3:32pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.19
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,492
Gold Stars: 82
I’d feel better if said club had turned our transfer offer down, At least we would know Hurst has some kind of budget left.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 68
pen penfras
November 18, 2021, 4:09pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -137
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from oochiad

Allowed to happen you say, they’ve been trying to bring someone in for months ffs!…….

Have they really? It's not like players are rocking horse excrement. There's lots of options out there and we've been short of 2 players all season. Now it's coming back to bite us.

If Fenty was here, nobody would be saying it's hard to sign players, it'd be straight to penny pinching. The rhetoric coming out is that we can expect more of the same in terms of playing budget, but have better facilities and PR. It's a shame we don't look to have capitalised on the good results and good crowds, but I guess gambling that it will continue probably wasn't the best choice if they want this fair play malarky to come to fruition.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 68
ska face
November 18, 2021, 4:22pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,343
Gold Stars: 820
Fenty’s gone and he isn’t coming back.

Cope.
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 68
Northbank Mariner
November 18, 2021, 4:28pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,391
Gold Stars: 170
Quoted from ska face
Fenty’s gone and he isn’t coming back.

Cope.

Ska, you should know PP will do everything he can to show the "the man who failed for 17 years" wore a armour of shining steel ...unlike the reality of the fact he was a prat in tin foil!!..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 68
ska face
November 18, 2021, 4:39pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,343
Gold Stars: 820
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Ska, you should know PP will do everything he can to show the "the man who failed for 17 years" wore a armour of shining steel ...unlike the reality of the fact he was a prat in tin foil!!..

Let’s not forget, PP did spend most of that time polishing Fenty’s helmet.
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 68
pen penfras
November 18, 2021, 5:04pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -137
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from ska face

Let’s not forget, PP did spend most of that time polishing Fenty’s helmet.

I get it. If Fenty's in charge and we can't sign a player, it's penny pinching and there's no other possible explanation. Now we can't sign a player despite having significantly above budget crowds and it's because there's nobody out there.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 68
MuddyWaters
November 18, 2021, 5:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Well I haven’t done the sums but we must be averaging 1500-2000 above the budgeted gate so there must be some cash kicking around somewhere, mustn’t there? In this era of transparency, I’m sure all will become clear soon.
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 68
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Another injury

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.