DB
November 18, 2021, 1:28am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,968
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Without wanting to be unduly negative, I see this article as a fairly honest assessment that we need to dumb down our expectations and that other clubs have got greater resources to get themselves back in the league.

I didn't think the resources of Barrow, Harrogate, and Sutton were greater than those of Wrexham, Stockport, Chesterfield etc. It's the ability to have a united Team that counts, money helps but guarantees nothing.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 61
HertsGTFC
November 18, 2021, 5:23am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,869
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Without wanting to be unduly negative, I see this article as a fairly honest assessment that we need to dumb down our expectations and that other clubs have got greater resources to get themselves back in the league.

Possibly…..

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 61
HertsGTFC
November 18, 2021, 5:24am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,869
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from DB

I didn't think the resources of Barrow, Harrogate, and Sutton were greater than those of Wrexham, Stockport, Chesterfield etc. It's the ability to have a united Team that counts, money helps but guarantees nothing.

Agree, I think it just takes longer to get where you want to be and that’s the bit that’s hard to accept for some.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 61
Humbercod
November 18, 2021, 6:39am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,494
Gold Stars: 82
I think he’s telling us there’s no money to strengthen the team, no wonder Hurst looking drunk off.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 61
jamesgtfc
November 18, 2021, 7:55am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,940
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from HerveJosse

Historically sent to shareholders and AGM held in November with appropriate notice given first.

I would like to think we are using a new accounting firm now after using a directors former employer for years which would add delay.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 61
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
November 18, 2021, 8:04am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,805
Gold Stars: 552
Quoted from HerveJosse

Every company public or private must hold at least one AGM in each calendar year.

Private companies don’t have to hold an AGM.

We might still choose to of course.

There’s nothing in the replacement Memo & Arts that requires an AGM.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 61
HerveJosse
November 18, 2021, 8:49am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,184
Gold Stars: 139

Private companies don’t have to hold an AGM.

We might still choose to of course.

There’s nothing in the replacement Memo & Arts that requires an AGM.

It would be surprising (pick your own alternative word) if the new owners whose mantra is transparency decided that there was to be no AGM thereby depriving shareholders who still own around 50 percent of the club and most of whom are also fans to ask the usual questions and participate in the business normally undertaken at an AGM.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 61
Northbank Mariner
November 18, 2021, 10:41am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,440
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Agree, I think it just takes longer to get where you want to be and that’s the bit that’s hard to accept for some.

Absolutely agree with this ...
S&P have just bought a club flat on its Harris after 17 years of mismanagement and zero investment with a decrepit ground and training facilities complete with shitshow of a boardroom
Pitch needed money, ground needed money, training facilities  needed money oh and we had to build a whole new squad!..and now everybody is b!tching because Stockwood has written an article about substantially in non league football clubs.
I'd say he's far more of an idea of what it takes to run a successful business and turning this juggernaut of mess round in a year would be impossible, think it's time to realise it may be a while before we reap the fruits of rewards from the seeds this new board are putting in place
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 61
wuffing
November 18, 2021, 11:57am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +821
Gold Stars: 38
We really do need to put our faith in the new owners. They are open and always ready to talk with anyone. They are new to the job, so we must be understandable with them. The last thing we need to do is to p*ss them off with quick judgement. After all, there is always another *** waiting around the corner... 🙈

'I walked in the dressing room. The window was open and I thought that a sea fret had got in. Then I saw smoke billowing from a pipe in the corner of the room...it was my centre-forward. He looked seven stone wet through. He went on to score thirty-odd goals that season.' Lawrie McMenemy on encountering the legend that was Matt Tees.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 61
Trickytrev
November 18, 2021, 1:50pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +117
Check out the latest from Reading,

Deducted six points for breaking EFL financial rules and lost 91.2 m.

Full story :- https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/59320479
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 61
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jason. The Guardian

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.