3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Northbank Mariner
November 16, 2021, 3:16pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Well, well, do we have an early contender for TOTW?...what a crock of crud...no manager gives those details out prior to a match!...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 27
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
November 16, 2021, 4:12pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,824
Gold Stars: 553
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
Well, well, do we have an early contender for TOTW?...what a crock of crud...no manager gives those details out prior to a match!...

Bielsa did.

[But we’re not allowed to mention him because this is a purely Grimsby Town forum (to avoid this being moved to non-football…Mariners 1-0 Leeds ***, 8 Feb 1986, Att: 6,338 - hopefully that’s enough to keep the pedants, who like GTFC but don’t like football, at bay for a week).]

Bielsa doesn’t anymore because he got told by various parties to stop doing it.

Ps. *** does anyone know the scorer? Was anyone there?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 27
dapperz fun pub
November 16, 2021, 6:39pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82

Bielsa did.

[But we’re not allowed to mention him because this is a purely Grimsby Town forum (to avoid this being moved to non-football…Mariners 1-0 Leeds ***, 8 Feb 1986, Att: 6,338 - hopefully that’s enough to keep the pedants, who like GTFC but don’t like football, at bay for a week).]

The games against Leeds after the weekend riot game 82  were vicious affairs off the pitch, everyman and his dog turning out looking for revenge
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 27
HerveJosse
November 16, 2021, 6:49pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,207
Gold Stars: 143

Bielsa did.

Yes I was there. Gordon Hobson was the scorer also scored in the 1-1 draw at Elland Road. We had a very good side that year.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 27
KingstonMariner
November 16, 2021, 7:09pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218

Bielsa did.

Couple of points.

I’m a pedant, Grimsby Town fan and don’t like the Premier League, but I don’t mind you talking about Bielsa on this board, because, well speaking as a pedant, it is a football board. As long as you don’t mention racists at football matches, then you won’t get the thread moved.

I wasn’t there but funnily enough I remember exactly where I was the next day when I finally found out the result. I can’t remember anything from this February mind.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 27
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
November 16, 2021, 7:38pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,824
Gold Stars: 553
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Couple of points.

I’m a pedant, Grimsby Town fan and don’t like the Premier League, but I don’t mind you talking about Bielsa on this board, because, well speaking as a pedant, it is a football board. As long as you don’t mention racists at football matches, then you won’t get the thread moved.

I wasn’t there but funnily enough I remember exactly where I was the next day when I finally found out the result. I can’t remember anything from this February mind.

I’m guessing you were in Hubbard’s Hills, hunting for sticklebacks with a young lady.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 27
KingstonMariner
November 16, 2021, 7:56pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218

I’m guessing you were in Hubbard’s Hills, hunting for sticklebacks with a young lady.

I wasn’t. I was hunting for over the hill ladies with young sticklebacks.  [actually with a Palace fan in an office in a converted hospital ward outside Folkestone.]

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 27
Teestogreen
November 17, 2021, 4:51pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -127
Gold Stars: 22
LOL - 😀
Remember Gordon Hobson scoring the only goal for us in a 1-0 win against Norwich City- Norwich had already been promoted to the top division . Brilliant Town performance.
Thems were’t days

UTM

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 27
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Transparency

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.