Humbercod
November 14, 2021, 4:20pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,494
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from MuddyWaters

So, having rated him highly, you would drop him on the say-so of others for someone who plays right centre back? If you drop Towler, you play Longe King.

I also listened to John Tondeur and Martin Gritten!
He will probably keep his place for Southend but another below par performance then yes bring in Longe King why not.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 59
KingstonMariner
November 14, 2021, 8:19pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Humbercod

I rate him highly one of the best players in the team by a long way, but by all accounts speaking to people who were there yesterday he was excrement.

I was there. He wasn’t excrement.I’d like to watch the goals again to see what went wrong, so he may be due some blame. But no way was he excrement.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 59
GY1
November 14, 2021, 8:38pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +133
Gold Stars: 1

Crocrombe

Efete  Waterfall  Towler  Crookes

Sousa    Fox    Hunt     Bapaga

Clifton

Taylor

Clifton is the only one who can play the Macatee role and bring energy going forward, and is scoring goals!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 59
Humbercod
November 14, 2021, 8:45pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from KingstonMariner

I was there. He wasn’t excrement.I’d like to watch the goals again to see what went wrong, so he may be due some blame. But no way was he excrement.

Sounded like the whole team with the exception of Clifton was excrement.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 59
DB
November 14, 2021, 8:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,998
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from Humbercod

Sounded like the whole team with the exception of Clifton was excrement.

That encompasses the whole problem. Unless you are at the match or, like last year was able to watch it on ifollow, then you are reliant on the opinions and sometimes 'biased' commentary of the radio or comments on here and the newspapers.

We are all entitled to our opinions but I've read that Macca was sh!t and another that said he wasn't both on this site by fans at the Aldershot match. That applies to other players too.

It would be nice to see the whole of the match's on catch up and not just highlights, then we could form a better opinion.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 59
Humbercod
November 14, 2021, 9:27pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from DB

That encompasses the whole problem. Unless you are at the match or, like last year was able to watch it on ifollow, then you are reliant on the opinions and sometimes 'biased' commentary of the radio or comments on here and the newspapers.

We are all entitled to our opinions but I've read that Macca was sh!t and another that said he wasn't both on this site by fans at the Aldershot match. That applies to other players too.

It would be nice to see the whole of the match's on catch up and not just highlights, then we could form a better opinion.

Fair enough DB but 1.we had expert commentary (pro Town) who said Town was very poor, a polite way for saying excrement let’s be honest.
And 2. We were playing a team that hadn’t even drawn a game at home never mind a win and they had just been dicked 5-0 a few days before. We had a rested team but we still went there and was outplayed by one of the worst teams in the league and could of lost by more according to again expert commentary. Now unless Aldershot played absolutely amazing which I’m sure wasn’t the case, then I think we can make comment that town must of played excrement whether there or not.

Still not sure then watch the Paul Hurst post match interview it’s pretty clear he though that is team we’re shite.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 59
Maringer
November 14, 2021, 10:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,482
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from ginnywings

Must be close to Christmas. You have revived the Christmas tree formation.

I am El Tel in disguise.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 59
DB
November 14, 2021, 10:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,998
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from Humbercod

Fair enough DB but 1.we had expert commentary (pro Town) who said Town was very poor, a polite way for saying excrement let’s be honest.
And 2. We were playing a team that hadn’t even drawn a game at home never mind a win and they had just been dicked 5-0 a few days before. We had a rested team but we still went there and was outplayed by one of the worst teams in the league and could of lost by more according to again expert commentary. Now unless Aldershot played absolutely amazing which I’m sure wasn’t the case, then I think we can make comment that town must of played excrement whether there or not.

Still not sure then watch the Paul Hurst post match interview it’s pretty clear he though that is team we’re shite.

You seem to have missed my meaning. I was using the Aldershot game as the latest example of opinions. Last season I watched many games on Ifollow where my opinion differed from that of JT and others. The whole point of an opinion is that you are able to physically watch the match live or on tv. Otherwise, your opinion is based on the opinion of someone else, who can mislead you.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 59
blundellpork
November 14, 2021, 10:51pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +1,655
Gold Stars: 32
Quoted from MuddyWaters

So, having rated him highly, you would drop him on the say-so of others for someone who plays right centre back? If you drop Towler, you play Longe King.

Pearson played almost his entire first spell with us as left centre back. However, I do agree that Towler remains our best centre half and hasn’t done enough wrong to be dropped.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 59
Humbercod
November 15, 2021, 10:21am
Cocktail Drinker
Pearson also played left centre for Wrexham among other positions, one of the best defenders in the league and the Wrexham player of the year. Towler and Waterfall as good as they are need to know if their levels slip Pearson is in.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 59
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Team for Southend

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.