Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back...on the bus.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 194 Guests

Just Back...on the bus.

This thread currently has 12,126 views. Print
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
DB
November 13, 2021, 10:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.51
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,972
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I’d love to know in which part of my post did I blame McKeown for today’s goals. It was a general point regarding his goalkeeping and a specific point regarding Revan.

I think the above answers your question.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 91
Bigdog
November 13, 2021, 10:15pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from DB

So it's Revan's error but Macca's fault for the goals, being the last man standing! Sounds logical, not.

Macca was out of order. Right in front of our fans too. He should know better. Arm round the shoulder and a quiet word of encouragement would have been better for an 18yo. Lost count of how many balls under his crossbar Macca didn't go for early in the game, unlike the Aldershot keeper. Time for Crocombe to be given a go, or else why the hell have we signed him?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 91
dapperz fun pub
November 13, 2021, 10:19pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,879
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Hagrid

The snowflake generation? In which everyone is offended by everything?

This is Mens football, and if you are consistently  not doing your job despite repeated instruction, i dont think its out of line to lose your temper at that player? Unprofessional possibly, but we’re all human.

What it possibly does show is that the Team Spirit PH is so keen on is not there yet

Do you think Jason & Andrew would approve of this behaviour ? I thought they were trying to promote equality inclusiveness fairness understanding in all aspects of the club. A senior pro humiliated the boy probably in front of family members and if I was a coach from his parent club I’d be cancelling the agreement pronto
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 91
DB
November 13, 2021, 10:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Sorry, but it’s 2021. Young footballers aren’t brought up in the old ways of being bullied by older YTs, senior pros and coaching staff to “toughen them up”.

In this day and age it’s bang out of order. No excuses.

Now which is the correct way to approach such a situation:-

A/ Look here sonny you'll have to do better, I know it's not your fault and you're doing your best. We've just gone a goal down and might lose the game. Tell you what they can blame me for your error' if that will help.

B/ What effing hell were you doing.

It's all a matter of choice but for me and 3 points lost I'll take B

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 91
Hagrid
November 13, 2021, 10:23pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,390
Gold Stars: 529
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

Do you think Jason & Andrew would approve of this behaviour ? I thought they were trying to promote equality inclusiveness fairness understanding in all aspects of the club

Well they’ve already stated they wont get involved in the playing side. Thats for PH to deal with, if Mckeown was out of order then i expect PH to deal with it.

Having just listened to the post match interview reading between the lines id be surprised if we see Revan or Khouri again for a while
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 91
dapperz fun pub
November 13, 2021, 10:25pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,879
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from DB

Now which is the correct way to approach such a situation:-

A/ Look here sonny you'll have to do better, I know it's not your fault and you're doing your best. We've just gone a goal down and might lose the game. Tell you what they can blame me for your error' if that will help.

B/ What effing hell were you doing.

It's all a matter of choice but for me and 3 points lost I'll take B

Is this to macca ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 91
DB
November 13, 2021, 10:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Hagrid

The snowflake generation? In which everyone is offended by everything?

This is Mens football, and if you are consistently  not doing your job despite repeated instruction, i dont think its out of line to lose your temper at that player? Unprofessional possibly, but we’re all human.

What it possibly does show is that the Team Spirit PH is so keen on is not there yet

Quoted from dapperz fun pub

Do you think Jason & Andrew would approve of this behaviour ? I thought they were trying to promote equality inclusiveness fairness understanding in all aspects of the club. A senior pro humiliated the boy probably in front of family members and if I was a coach from his parent club I’d be cancelling the agreement pronto

Jason and Andrew may own the club but it is the fans who pay the wages!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 91
Maringer
November 13, 2021, 10:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,410
Gold Stars: 184
McKeown has always bickered with his defenders. I can remember many a barney with Pearson during his previous spell at the club. I'd imagine he'd have been the same if Waterfall had been the one making the errors.

Doesn't make it right, but that's the way it is. Hopefully he apologised to Revan after the game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 91
Poojah
November 13, 2021, 10:46pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,425
Gold Stars: 1,499
Well, well, well; what to make of all this? Not just today, but this now somewhat concerning run of results. Have we ever had four straight defeats before at any point in our non-league journey?

It’s difficult to make sense of our current situation. We are, after all, still 3rd in the league and in touching distance of top spot. But much like I didn’t see our undeniably brilliant start to the season coming, nor had I anticipated this sudden, sharp decline in form. Even ignoring the fact we initially started so well, Wealdstone, Kidderminster and Aldershot aren’t games I’d have been expecting us to lose before the season started.

I felt a few weeks ago that this run of games, up to and including the Southend game, was one we had to be taking close to maximum points from. After Southend, 8 out of our next 9 games are against the current top 9. Regardless of form, that always looked to be a patch of games fraught with opportunities to drop points, and it looks even more treacherous this evening.

As we’re learning right now, things can change very quickly in football, but as it stands we all of a sudden look in real danger of falling out of the promotion picture altogether. We’re currently only 3 points clear of 8th place Solihull who we play a week on Tuesday. Lose 5 or 6 of those games against our promotion rivals, and we will be out of touch.

I can’t bring myself to be melodramatic about Hurst just yet - I’d have been delighted with where we are after 15 games back in the summer. However, I also can’t deny that this sequence of results is deeply concerning, particularly in light of what’s immediately in front of us.

We can’t blame injuries for today. Even without McAtee, we should have had enough in us not to lose to an Aldershot side with an absolutely dire home record, almost as bad as it could have been going into the game.

There’s something deeper at play, certainly. Have we been worked out? Has something gone on behind the scenes? Were we in a false position?

I don’t know the answer, but I do know that this next few weeks will be a big test for the new, chipper Hurst. The games between now and mid January will be season-defining.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 91
mariner91
November 13, 2021, 10:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,578
Gold Stars: 260
Playing Khouri today was the weirdest selection decision Hurst has ever made in however many hundreds of games he has been in charge of us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 91
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back...on the bus.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.