Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back...on the bus.
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 199 Guests

Just Back...on the bus.

This thread currently has 12,048 views. Print
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Hagrid
November 13, 2021, 9:59pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,988
Gold Stars: 508
Quoted from GollyGTFC

The funny thing is Hurst constantly bangs on about wanting to bring in the right character to fit into the group. Yet he tolerates a goalkeeper with form for shouting at/bullying/humiliating a teammate. It would be bad enough shouting at an experienced pro, but shouting at an 18-year-old like Revan is inexcusable.

Hurst needs to send a message by dropping him.

Im sorry i disagree. Revan was absolutely diabolical today, this isnt a creche, this is mens football and its not bullying a teammate at all. I play Sunday league and if i make an error leading to a goal i tolerate my teammates getting on at me.

I blame hurst for playing him and then not taking him offf when he was clearly out his depth
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 91
MuddyWaters
November 13, 2021, 9:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from Bigdog
First things first.. Is Crookes not fit? If so, why is he on the bench? If not, how is he not playing in front of Revan? Secondly, I've seen nothing from Khouri to suggest that he won't be playing anything higher than Gainsborough or Clee Town level when his contracts up. It was like playing with ten men and Revan is just not ready for men's football. Yet Hurst in his wisdom chose this left hand side instead of Crookes and Bapaga. Absolutely barmy, pushing snow uphill from the start.

We need a sharp pacy forward. One that can play on the half turn and run the channels so we can get teams defending facing their own goal. That's where danger lies. Not playing three or four clever triangles when the end result is ponderous balls into our wide men or centre forward with their backs to the goal in front of a bank of defenders.. especially balls ending up being lumped forward by Waterfall at the end of a twenty pass move that goes nowhere. Plenty of time for the oppo to get their shape and have a breather. Pretty little passing patterns that achieve nothing. We criminally lack someone who can get onto little clipped balls into space before their defenders. If Waterfall ends up lumping it why do we need three in centre midfield?

I don't agree with you Hagrid mate, Aldershot are shite. Hardly got in our box second half yet still scored and hit the bar. There's not one of their players that I'd like us to sign to improve us. Judging by their strong and sometimes reckless challenges, they just wanted it more. A team with very little talent that just hoofs it clear beat us fair and square, and they weren't that good in chasing their long balls down either. We just got outmuscled and outnumbered to the point where our brains were frazzled when we had the ball. Mix that in with a lack in confidence, a lack of thought, a lack of composure in the final third, and the three points have gone. Easy to keep the ball playing across the back and deep in midfield, but where was the bravery at the business end? Full backs checking and starting again every time, very little clever movement. I did feel sorry for Hunt and Fox at times because there was fook all on and there should have been.

Thought Clifton was excellent first half then disappeared. his midfield partners had no outlets, Sousa was always a threat but needs more composure, Towler improved after a very shaky start and Efete was ok but needs more game time. Other than that, I thought the rest were shocking, even Taylor whose movement consisted of just backing into his nearest marker, no clever darts or half turns.

New left hand side, change of keeper and maybe give Waterfall a rest for Longe-King next game. we're far too chaotic when the ball arrives in our own box and we're far too reluctant to throw midfield bodies forward in case we get caught on the break. We have to break these defences down by getting more bodies in amongst them, not playing thirty yards in front of them. Ideally a new pacy striker in and e'll have to dispense with one of the midfield three and be a little more direct and play percentage balls forward quicker. This ponderous tippy tappy safety first shite isn't working. The National League has worked us out, especially without the class, unpredictability and guile of McAtee.

Been to four games, Bromley, Wealdstone, Maidenhead and Aldershot. Planning to go to Solihull. Am I a Jonah or just a sucker for awayday punishment? Fook knows, but Hurst has to do a lot better than this for us to stay in the promotion race and £££s need to be spent in January, or hopefully even earlier..

Apparently Crookes barely trained this week according to John Tondeur.
Regards your choice of games, perhaps ask the powers that be for a fee to stay away?
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 91
Hagrid
November 13, 2021, 10:00pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Bigdog
First things first.. Is Crookes not fit? If so, why is he on the bench? If not, how is he not playing in front of Revan? Secondly, I've seen nothing from Khouri to suggest that he won't be playing anything higher than Gainsborough or Clee Town level when his contracts up. It was like playing with ten men and Revan is just not ready for men's football. Yet Hurst in his wisdom chose this left hand side instead of Crookes and Bapaga. Absolutely barmy, pushing snow uphill from the start.

We need a sharp pacy forward. One that can play on the half turn and run the channels so we can get teams defending facing their own goal. That's where danger lies. Not playing three or four clever triangles when the end result is ponderous balls into our wide men or centre forward with their backs to the goal in front of a bank of defenders.. especially balls ending up being lumped forward by Waterfall after a twenty pass move that goes nowhere. Plenty of time for the oppo to get their shape and have a breather. Pretty little passing patterns that achieve nothing. We criminally lack someone who can get onto little clipped balls into space before their defenders. If Waterfall ends up lumping it why do we need three in centre midfield?

I don't agree with you Hagrid mate, Aldershot are shite. Hardly got in our box second half yet still scored and hit the bar. There's not one of their players that I'd like us to sign to improve us. Judging by their strong and sometimes reckless challenges, they just wanted it more. A team with very little talent that just hoofs it clear beat us fair and square, and they weren't that good in chasing their long balls down either. We just got outmuscled and outnumbered to the point where our brains were frazzled when we had the ball. Mix that in with a lack in confidence, a lack of thought, a lack of composure in the final third, and the three points have gone. Easy to keep the ball playing across the back and deep in midfield, but where was the bravery at the business end? Full backs checking and starting again every time, very little clever movement. I did feel sorry for Hunt and Fox at times because there was fook all on and there should have been.

Thought Clifton was excellent first half then disappeared. his midfield partners had no outlets, Sousa was always a threat but needs more composure, Towler improved after a very shaky start and Efete was ok but needs more game time. Other than that, I thought the rest were shocking, even Taylor whose movement consisted of just backing into his nearest marker, no clever darts or half turns.

New left hand side, change of keeper and maybe give Waterfall a rest for Longe-King next game. we're far too chaotic when the ball arrives in our own box and we're far too reluctant to throw midfield bodies forward in case we get caught on the break. We have to break these defences down by getting more bodies in amongst them, not playing thirty yards in front of them. Ideally a new pacy striker in and e'll have to dispense with one of the midfield three and be a little more direct and play percentage balls forward quicker. This ponderous tippy tappy safety first shite isn't working. The National League has worked us out, especially without the class, unpredictability and guile of McAtee.

Been to four games, Bromley, Wealdstone, Maidenhead and Aldershot. Planning to go to Solihull. Am I a Jonah or just a sucker for awayday punishment? Fook knows, but Hurst has to do a lot better than this for us to stay in the promotion race and £££s need to be spent in January, or hopefully even earlier..

Thats my point mate, they were shite, and we made them look good. They hit the bar twice, wanted it more, battled.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 91
TownSNAFU5
November 13, 2021, 10:00pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,773
Gold Stars: 41
Frustrating to see over the years that Macca has not improved his clear weaknesses.  His kicking into touch every game is a very minor illustrative example.  It is not too difficult is it?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 91
GollyGTFC
November 13, 2021, 10:02pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,926
Gold Stars: 347
Quoted from Hagrid

Im sorry i disagree. Revan was absolutely diabolical today, this isnt a creche, this is mens football and its not bullying a teammate at all. I play Sunday league and if i make an error leading to a goal i tolerate my teammates getting on at me.

I blame hurst for playing him and then not taking him offf when he was clearly out his depth

Sorry, but it’s 2021. Young footballers aren’t brought up in the old ways of being bullied by older YTs, senior pros and coaching staff to “toughen them up”.

In this day and age it’s bang out of order. No excuses.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 44 - 91
Hagrid
November 13, 2021, 10:04pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Sorry, but it’s 2021. Young footballers aren’t brought up in the old ways of being bullied by older YTs, senior pros and coaching staff to “toughen them up”.

In this day and age it’s bang out of order. No excuses.

The snowflake generation? In which everyone is offended by everything?

This is Mens football, and if you are consistently  not doing your job despite repeated instruction, i dont think its out of line to lose your temper at that player? Unprofessional possibly, but we’re all human.

What it possibly does show is that the Team Spirit PH is so keen on is not there yet
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 91
MuddyWaters
November 13, 2021, 10:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Hagrid

I’m seriously underwhelmed by Revan but that doesn’t excuse an alleged ‘club legend’ bawling him out after a glaring error. Let’s face it, McKeown isn’t exactly squeaky clean in the points costing error department.
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 91
DB
November 13, 2021, 10:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.54
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,879
Gold Stars: 383
Quoted from MuddyWaters

You’ll get green tick and gold star from me. McKeown is a weakness not a strength, does not and never has controlled his box but got away with it as a decent shot stopper but any club that does some decent scouting on us will get the ball into our box in the air at every opportunity.

Regardless of Revan’s error, that sort of thing doesn’t ever look good.

So it's Revan's error but Macca's fault for the goals, being the last man standing! Sounds logical, not.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 91
MuddyWaters
November 13, 2021, 10:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from DB

So it's Revan's error but Macca's fault for the goals, being the last man standing! Sounds logical, not.

I’d love to know in which part of my post did I blame McKeown for today’s goals. It was a general point regarding his goalkeeping and a specific point regarding Revan.
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 91
DB
November 13, 2021, 10:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.54
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,879
Gold Stars: 383
Quoted from Hagrid

Totally agree with you, from the early part of the 1st half Revan needed replacing, but wasn't. For what reason he wasn't out of his depth he had sunk but Hurst didn't or couldn't see it.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 91
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back...on the bus.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.