Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back...on the bus.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 304 Guests

Just Back...on the bus.

This thread currently has 12,051 views. Print
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
November 13, 2021, 8:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,884
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
Macca chased after the young lad giving him a volley of abuse 🤔 he might not be ready for this level yet but coming from a keeper who flaps at every cross which un nerves our defenders sort of doesn’t sit well to me, red x away 👍

You’ll get green tick and gold star from me. McKeown is a weakness not a strength, does not and never has controlled his box but got away with it as a decent shot stopper but any club that does some decent scouting on us will get the ball into our box in the air at every opportunity.

Regardless of Revan’s error, that sort of thing doesn’t ever look good.
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 91
ska face
November 13, 2021, 8:46pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,372
Gold Stars: 824
McKeown’s an absolute clown, always first to point the finger.
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 91
Northbank Mariner
November 13, 2021, 8:59pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,388
Gold Stars: 170
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
Macca chased after the young lad giving him a volley of abuse 🤔 he might not be ready for this level yet but coming from a keeper who flaps at every cross which un nerves our defenders sort of doesn’t sit well to me, red x away 👍

I can't red cross that because you're spot on... Macca is a great shot stopper, as proved today, but 10 years in his ability to come from crosses and delivery have not improved one bit.
In the 2 games I've watched Crocombe play he's quicker at the releasing ball and come off his line to command the ball, time for a change in goal imo
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 91
Kris2
November 13, 2021, 9:13pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,617
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from GollyGTFC
Revan at total fault for both goals. Lost his man for the first goal & his misjudged header for the second. He doesn’t look ready for this level yet. We should be looking to send him back:

But to defend him, Hurst did him no favours pairing him on the left with Khouri. 2 inexperienced players down one flank is never a good idea.

And also… McKeown sprinting after Revan to shout at him after the second is really poor from one of our senior pros against an 18-year-old. Revan was well aware his error caused the goal, he doesn’t need what confidence he had left after the incident being humiliated out of him.

Macca needs to stop doing that in general, it's the single aspect that I really dislike about him and it's his overreactions and temper, I don't like goalkeepers doing it in general. He often does it where he chases the linesman claiming offside and sprints off at him screaming his head off, it's a bit embarrassing to watch like how those old coaches in baseball come running off the bench to yell at the officials when a decision goes against them. Main difference in baseball is officials can throw players and coaches out of the game instantly for shouting at them lol.

The inexperience down that side showed and was exploited, Revan is very much an attacking option too as he's much better going forward and needs somebody who can cover him. He's a young kid though and will probably learn from his mistakes. I imagine if he was an 18 year old local lad people would be a lot kinder about him screwing up defensively, I guess more pressure on his back since he's not "one of our own" and from a bigger club so people expect him to be better but he's still a first or second year pro playing his first season of first team football. I don't think any of our own were at their best in the first year either, Clifton became good more recently with a few seasons under his belt and properly defining his role in the team. Hurst is probably dropping players to make a point but sticking two young lads next to each other on one side was not the greatest of choices. I don't really blame either for being thrown in the deep end there in a physical game.

The coaches need to figure out what our best team is with the players we have available and play them without chopping and changing the system too much and start building confidence in what we are doing back up. We looked incredibly lopsided today in quality on the pitch.
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 91
hampshiremariner
November 13, 2021, 9:33pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,005
Gold Stars: 35

McKeown sprinting after Revan to shout at him after the second is really poor from one of our senior pros against an 18-year-old.

Absolutely correct. It does not suggest a strong team spirit to me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 91
rancido
November 13, 2021, 9:37pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,448
Gold Stars: 93
If we don’t beat Southend, hurst out. We have a great feeling around the club, let’s not waste it

It was Hurst who put together the squad and picked the players/tactics that had us top of the league 3 league matches ago.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 91
dapperz fun pub
November 13, 2021, 9:44pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,720
Gold Stars: 81
Macca needs to be dropped for every good stop theirs a mistake just around the corner. He’s a level 5 keeper he’s always been a level 5 keeper yeah I know his shot stopping is better than level 5 but unfortunately his commanding of his box and distribution is Sunday league level. He’s comfortable here to fooking comfortable imo and what did he do when he lost his spot to a far superior keeper fooking had a right paddy.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 91
Northbank Mariner
November 13, 2021, 9:46pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,388
Gold Stars: 170
Quoted from rancido

It was Hurst who put together the squad and picked the players/tactics that had us top of the league 3 league matches ago.

And it's Hurst who's fiddled about with the team over the last 4 games and got it wrong...no ifs or buts, he's got it wrong..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 91
GollyGTFC
November 13, 2021, 9:54pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,926
Gold Stars: 347
Quoted from hampshiremariner

McKeown sprinting after Revan to shout at him after the second is really poor from one of our senior pros against an 18-year-old.

Absolutely correct. It does not suggest a strong team spirit to me.

The funny thing is Hurst constantly bangs on about wanting to bring in the right character to fit into the group. Yet he tolerates a goalkeeper with form for shouting at/bullying/humiliating a teammate. It would be bad enough shouting at an experienced pro, but shouting at an 18-year-old like Revan is inexcusable.

Hurst needs to send a message by dropping him.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 38 - 91
Bigdog
November 13, 2021, 9:55pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
First things first.. Is Crookes not fit? If so, why is he on the bench? If not, how is he not playing in front of Revan? Secondly, I've seen nothing from Khouri to suggest that he won't be playing anything higher than Gainsborough or Clee Town level when his contracts up. It was like playing with ten men and Revan is just not ready for men's football. Yet Hurst in his wisdom chose this left hand side instead of Crookes and Bapaga. Absolutely barmy, pushing snow uphill from the start.

We need a sharp pacy forward. One that can play on the half turn and run the channels so we can get teams defending facing their own goal. That's where danger lies. Not playing three or four clever triangles when the end result is ponderous balls into our wide men or centre forward with their backs to the goal in front of a bank of defenders.. especially balls ending up being lumped forward by Waterfall after a twenty pass move that goes nowhere. Plenty of time for the oppo to get their shape and have a breather. Pretty little passing patterns that achieve nothing. We criminally lack someone who can get onto little clipped balls into space before their defenders. If Waterfall ends up lumping it why do we need three in centre midfield?

I don't agree with you Hagrid mate, Aldershot are shite. Hardly got in our box second half yet still scored and hit the bar. There's not one of their players that I'd like us to sign to improve us. Judging by their strong and sometimes reckless challenges, they just wanted it more. A team with very little talent that just hoofs it clear beat us fair and square, and they weren't that good in chasing their long balls down either. We just got outmuscled and outnumbered in the areas where they wanted to defend to the point where our brains were frazzled when we had the ball. Mix that in with a lack in confidence, a lack of thought, a lack of composure in the final third, and the three points have gone. Easy to keep the ball playing across the back and deep in midfield, but where was the bravery at the business end? Full backs checking and starting again every time, very little clever movement. I did feel sorry for Hunt and Fox at times because there was fook all on and there should have been.

Thought Clifton was excellent first half then disappeared. his midfield partners had no outlets, Sousa was always a threat but needs more composure, Towler improved after a very shaky start and Efete was ok but needs more game time. Other than that, I thought the rest were shocking, even Taylor, whose movement consisted of just backing into his nearest marker, no clever darts or half turns.

For Southend? A new left hand side, change of keeper and maybe give Waterfall a rest for Longe-King next game. we're far too chaotic when the ball arrives in our own box and we're far too reluctant to throw midfield bodies forward in case we get caught on the break. For me, Waterfall's remarkable heading ability overshadows clear deficiences in other areas of his game. We have to break these defences down by getting more bodies in amongst them, not playing thirty yards in front of them. Ideally a new pacy striker in and we'll have to dispense with one of the midfield three and be a little more direct and play percentage balls forward quicker. This ponderous tippy tappy safety first shite isn't working. The National League has worked us out, especially without the class, unpredictability and guile of McAtee.

Been to four games, Bromley, Wealdstone, Maidenhead and Aldershot. Planning to go to Solihull. Am I a Jonah or just a sucker for awayday punishment? Fook knows, but Hurst has to do a lot better than this for us to stay in the promotion race and £££s need to be spent in January, or hopefully even earlier..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 91
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back...on the bus.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.