Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back...on the bus.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 248 Guests

Just Back...on the bus.

This thread currently has 12,123 views. Print
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Ipswin
November 13, 2021, 6:28pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Hagrid
, play sousa and bapaga, who cause problems, against a leaky defence,

This

Whatever Hurst was thinking when he played then persisted with khouri and Revan I don't know, but never mind 'we kept us shape' (quite what it was supposed to be I don't know)

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 91
headingly_mariner
November 13, 2021, 6:31pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,316
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Heisenberg

In life I am often wrong, but a few of us said similar to this pre season, I was astonished at our subsequent form, I didn’t know what to do, it was blissfull. Now, within a month, we’re where we assumed we would be: crap.

I’m not often right, and this time I hate being right.

The honeymoon isn’t just over, divorce proceedings are imminent!

We are currently 3rd for a bit of perspective.

I’m gutted we lost again today and hopefully 3 league losses in a row will be our worst run of the season. Saw enough in the good run to see we are a very good side.
I would agree that we don’t have amazing strength in depth, but still think this is a blip.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 91
Marinerdeano
November 13, 2021, 6:45pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +459
Gold Stars: 26
The bookies had it right. You have to spend money to get to the top and we felt spending £250,000 on Tshimanga and paying him the wages to match was too much, even for a player in demand. In that case, you cannot expect to win the league. I was amazed and delighted with our start, and the quality of our play was sublime, but you really do need deep pockets to win any league these days. It is just the way it is.

The owners will be finding out now that the most important investment is in the team, and they have had tremendous support so now is the time to spend some serious money.

I hope we can recover some form next week but we need to be proactive to make sure the good start is not wasted.

Very good post. We need to a bit more Billy big balderdash and nasty about things and stop being so respectful to oppositions - we are Grimsby Town! A couple of extra warriors in the team and a class striker required.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 91
Northbank Mariner
November 13, 2021, 6:51pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,442
Gold Stars: 171
It's been glaringly obvious we need another striker, LJL will never be the answer, you can't tell me there isn't a free agent out there that's better than him?..love Lennie's work rate but he can't hit a cows a£se with a banjo...
Hurst needs to go to the owners and ask for the cash, if we don't start winning soon all the good will and patience will go out the window, as fans we'll turn and it'll be boos at BP rather than the sound of clapping, chanting and singing...my head's f&cked and emotions ruined...still, we are 3rd in the league...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 91
Hagrid
November 13, 2021, 6:56pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,382
Gold Stars: 527
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
It's been glaringly obvious we need another striker, LJL will never be the answer, you can't tell me there isn't a free agent out there that's better than him?..love Lennie's work rate but he can't hit a cows a£se with a banjo...
Hurst needs to go to the owners and ask for the cash, if we don't start winning soon all the good will and patience will go out the window, as fans we'll turn and it'll be boos at BP rather than the sound of clapping, chanting and singing...my head's f&cked and emotions ruined...still, we are 3rd in the league...

Theres more pressing concerns than LJL. We arent giving him or Taylor the chances to miss, and havent for weeks
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 91
Northbank Mariner
November 13, 2021, 7:00pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,442
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from Hagrid

Theres more pressing concerns than LJL. We arent giving him or Taylor the chances to miss, and havent for weeks

You're not Oliver but we go route 1 with him up there, completely takes out the midfield...mate I've seen him miss more chances this season than I care to remember, we need something better, honestly kills me to say it but Hereford was his level, we need a Podge like player, not Podge but someone of that Ilk.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 91
Spurn boy
November 13, 2021, 7:10pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +1,200
Gold Stars: 26
As much as we need another Striker we really need someone like the late Paul Futcher, here was a player with a wealth of experience who was able to impose himself in the centre of the defence and give the players around him so much advice and confidence and he made the game look so easy. I’m sure there are players out there that have got so much to offer in the last years of their career.

Dead Eye Dobbin stood motionless waiting, waiting, waiting for the ball to arrive. Back came the right foot, Down came the right foot, Bang ! Headlines around the world as the ball flew into the very top right hand corner of the goal.( Jim Dobbin scoring in the 89th minute for Town against Newcastle United away 24/10/1992 )
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 91
GrimRob
November 13, 2021, 7:19pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
Sousa often had 2 or 3 players on him as soon as he got the ball, yet we kept giving it to him. It's too predictable, with lots of resources devoted to keeping an eye on him there should be space elsewhere to exploit. We created nothing and they hit the bar twice (and three times in the crossbar challenge at halftime). We're not the new kids on the block anymore, teams have sussed us out, who our dangermen are, and where our weak spots lie. Don't understand the penny pinching with the No 9 position, as that's what it seems to me to be.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 17 - 91
Chrisblor
November 13, 2021, 7:19pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,757
Gold Stars: 233
Quoted from Hagrid

Taylor missed a sitter with about 5 minutes to go today by hitting it low into the player lunging to block instead of lifting it for a goal. Bapaga also missed a sitter (set up by Taylor), and there was another occasion at 1-1 where Clifton pulled a ball back from the left towards the penalty spot but every attacker had overrun it. The chances are there, they've just been bottling them.

We were absolutely inept down the other end today too, which is embarrassing when we had so much possession and they offered very little threat from open play. Didn't matter though because they bullied us from set pieces, and we had to clear another two attempts off the line. Although McKeown made a very good reflex save to tip one of those efforts onto the underside of the bar before we knocked it off the line he was awful today at dealing with crosses and aerial balls. They bullied him and our other defenders on crosses, long throws and free kicks all afternoon (Revan especially - watch the highlights and you'll see he got the assist for their 2nd), and it paid dividends.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 91
MuddyWaters
November 13, 2021, 7:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
If Crookes is fit, Crookes plays. Surely?
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 91
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back...on the bus.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.