Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back...on the bus.
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 270 Guests

Just Back...on the bus.

This thread currently has 12,050 views. Print
10 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
barralad
November 13, 2021, 5:37pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,197
Gold Stars: 121
And struggling to make any sense of what I've just seen. It would be "nice" if it was just that we are missing Mcatee. Sadly it isn't. Only Taylor could claim today that he missed his partner. Our hopeful punts in his general direction gave him absolutely zero service. Exciting as Sousa is his final ball today was absolutely woeful. The rocks at the back Towler and Waterfall were hesitant and clumsy. No doubt Macca will come in for some real flak elsewhere. I'll restrict my comments to wondering whether it was a good idea to lambast Revan during the game. Judging by the negative effect it had on his play suggests its a rhetorical question.
Four weeks ago I was telling anybody who'd listen about our strength in depth. Sadly there was no-one on the bench today with the skill or application to change the game.
I'm struggling for any positives but will praise Clifton's first half performance...outstanding.
I'm not sure I know what the next step needs to be. I'm praying Hurst does.
Final word for their fans who never stopped singing. These are fans of a team that has lost a total of 11 consecutive home games stretching back to last season. Remarkable support.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Online
Private Message
jonnyboy82
November 13, 2021, 5:40pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.29
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,683
Gold Stars: 95
The form is worrying, what's worse for me is how we've gone from looking like we will score for fun to looking like we don't have a clue.

Yea we've lost mcatee but this ain't down to one man, over to you Paul hurst.

Needs sorting and now.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 91
lew chaterleys lover
November 13, 2021, 5:47pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,549
Gold Stars: 231
The bookies had it right. You have to spend money to get to the top and we felt spending £250,000 on Tshimanga and paying him the wages to match was too much, even for a player in demand. In that case, you cannot expect to win the league. I was amazed and delighted with our start, and the quality of our play was sublime, but you really do need deep pockets to win any league these days. It is just the way it is.

The owners will be finding out now that the most important investment is in the team, and they have had tremendous support so now is the time to spend some serious money.

I hope we can recover some form next week but we need to be proactive to make sure the good start is not wasted.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 91
bradzmilne
November 13, 2021, 5:47pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.70
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,359
Gold Stars: 29
Worrying.

Starting to look a little bit more than a temporary blip of form.

Wasn’t overly thrilled with the line up today and lack of recognised attackers on the pitch and was hoping to eat my words with Harry equalised fairly early on. However, again a lack of clear cut chances has cost us.

Like everyone else in NE Lincs I think it’s absolutely criminal we haven’t signed another attacking threat and being completely honest the “it has to be the right person” claim is starting to wear a little bit thin. Since McAtee’s injury (and I’m including Wealdstone in this because he was clearly not fit) we’ve not got a single point/result. You can’t tell that even a short term loan of a well regarded u23 player wouldn’t have achieved more than that.

The one silver lining is we’re still well within touching distance of the front runners. However, if things don’t change quickly that will soon change.

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 91
pontoonlew
November 13, 2021, 5:49pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,724
Gold Stars: 163
Can the person who said Sousa was as good as Dembele please stand up?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 91
forza ivano
November 13, 2021, 5:49pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,142
Gold Stars: 265
Cant disagree with much of what barra wrote. Efete looked hesitant whilst I continue to be completely underwhelmed by revan. Clifton was excellent first half but disappeared completely 2nd half. Fox wasnt at his best, whilst hunt did well 1st half, but passing went awry 2bd half  sousa was my motm as he was a consistent threat.
God knows where we go from here.suspect we are dependant upon mcatee n grant getting fit
Ps anyone else baffled by our unwillingness to have a shot?
Finally aldershot looked much better than 2nd bottom and massive kudos to their fans who really got behind their team
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 91
barralad
November 13, 2021, 6:06pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,197
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from forza ivano
Cant disagree with much of what barra wrote. Efete looked hesitant whilst I continue to be completely underwhelmed by revan. Clifton was excellent first half but disappeared completely 2nd half. Fox wasnt at his best, whilst hunt did well 1st half, but passing went awry 2bd half  sousa was my motm as he was a consistent threat.
God knows where we go from here.suspect we are dependant upon mcatee n grant getting fit
Finally aldershot looked much better than 2nd bottom and massive kudos to their fans who really got behind their team

On the subject of fans I'm not sure of the point of booing the team at the end of the game-if you felt that angry surely the best solution would be to walk away and leave them clapping an empty stand?

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 91
Ipswin
November 13, 2021, 6:09pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from forza ivano

That has been our new craftily designed Hurst tactic for four or five matches now, some days we don't have a shot at all

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 91
Hagrid
November 13, 2021, 6:12pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,986
Gold Stars: 508
Im furious with the performance and result

And the fact Aldershot deserved the 3 points and should have won by more. Full credit to them.

I’d send Revan back, he is out of his depth and i’ve thought that in each game i’ve seen him play bar Bromsgrove. starting him and Khouri was baffling and even more ludicrous was seeing them both come out for the 2nd half. They were both quite frankly awful, and Aldershot exploited it. The 2 CB’s were nervy and the midfield for me non existant with the exception of Clifton. Taylor isolated just as lennie is when he plays, Im flabbergasted by how much we miss 1 player.

Playing a left hand side like that opened us up to trouble, play sousa and bapaga, who cause problems, against a leaky defence, not Khouri who has been nowhere near the First Team picture and surely cant be match fit. No more so than Grant and Or Scannell who have both been back training for weeks yet seem no closer to squad inclusion.

This is more than a blip, this is poor. Today was disgraceful, and by intercourse after Southend we have a run of fixtures to make your skin crawl and play like this we’ll lose the lot. Comfortably.

Coke said in the week we were complacent at Kiddy, well it looked the same today. Half arsed, slow, creative-less dross. Sousa who i do like, has got to work on his end product.

Concerning, frustrating, flipping cold winter nights are coming whilst watching town

Oh, and Paul, i like you, but please for god sake stop waiting for this perfect signing, it aint there, find a bloody striker
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 91
Heisenberg
November 13, 2021, 6:15pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +4,817
Gold Stars: 89
The bookies had it right. You have to spend money to get to the top and we felt spending £250,000 on Tshimanga and paying him the wages to match was too much, even for a player in demand. In that case, you cannot expect to win the league. I was amazed and delighted with our start, and the quality of our play was sublime, but you really do need deep pockets to win any league these days. It is just the way it is.

The owners will be finding out now that the most important investment is in the team, and they have had tremendous support so now is the time to spend some serious money.

I hope we can recover some form next week but we need to be proactive to make sure the good start is not wasted.

In life I am often wrong, but a few of us said similar to this pre season, I was astonished at our subsequent form, I didn’t know what to do, it was blissfull. Now, within a month, we’re where we assumed we would be: crap.

I’m not often right, and this time I hate being right.

The honeymoon isn’t just over, divorce proceedings are imminent!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 91
10 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back...on the bus.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.