3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Heswall Mariner
November 14, 2021, 3:53pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +589
Gold Stars: 30
There's no doubt we are short of fire power up front & Tshimnaga would have been a real bonus.
However the fees/add on received for Pollock Grist & the lad who went to Peterborough - seemingly generating in excess of £500k - will have gone to JSF.
No one could have predicted gates in excess of 6k which have developed once the likes of Tshimnaga  had signed elsewhere.
We are still paying for the inept/questionable arrivals/motivation of the fruitcake.
Morais is sitting on his laurels taking the wage & we are probably paying a good part of Rose's wages.
Gibson & Jackson won't have moved on without compensation.
Scannell hasn't been seen this season along with Grant & Wright.
We still have have to pay JSF some £1m. & so the drain on our income continues - for a while.

I doubt JSF envisaged any sane/honourable individuals would take on the shambles he had created.
They have & the future is bright  - 4 defeats on the bounce is hugely disappointing but let's keep the  faith  & be patient.
We are only 3 points off top spot. UTM.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 26
KingstonMariner
November 14, 2021, 3:56pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Spot on Heswall.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 26
golfer
November 14, 2021, 5:10pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,426
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from chaos33
Check book?

Put him in detention Sir and make him write it out 500 times
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 26
SouthLakesMariner
November 14, 2021, 5:16pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +934
Gold Stars: 21
Quoted from chaos33
I really hope the fans stay behind the team and manager when things get even tougher in the forthcoming sequence of games.
The only thing I can’t tolerate personally is a lack of effort and commitment and that is clearly not the case with this fantastic squad of dedicated professionals. Sure some young individuals are making mistakes and it’s clear that confidence has gone from high to low but I think it’s time to show faith and vocal encouragement rather than condemnation.

I think Hurst got yesterday wrong and he knows it, and the players he did have faith in let him down. I think that criticism needs to be constructive and we need to guard against hostility or abuse creeping in. Stick together, and crack on. Overall we are very well placed and our support will help to sustain that if we stay really positive.

Great post

We as fans have every reason to be optimistic given the new owners and for the first time in a long while a team/squad that is competitive. Blind optimism is obviously misplaced and when things get sticky we as fans have every right to ask questions and expect more. But if we believe our club is moving in the right direction, it remains our role in that, as fans, to get behind the team and show our support.

So long as we continue to believe the club is in good hands and moving forwards, we have to expect and accept that there will be ups and downs but continue to support the team and keep the faith. UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 26
Poojah
November 14, 2021, 5:36pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,470
Gold Stars: 1,500
Quoted from chaos33
Check book?

Cheek book.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 26
ska face
November 14, 2021, 5:54pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,633
Gold Stars: 840
Quoted from Vance Warner
Momentum is important but every teams will have their good and bad spells.

How many would expect their bad spell to come, having been top of the league, against Wealdstone, Aldershot & Notts County and also get turfed out the FA Cup by a team a division below?
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 26
Vance Warner
November 14, 2021, 7:41pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,786
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from ska face

How many would expect their bad spell to come, having been top of the league, against Wealdstone, Aldershot & Notts County and also get turfed out the FA Cup by a team a division below?

Not many but that’s football. Man Utd and Sunderland fans were  full of hope not long ago and now can’t buy a win. It’s sh1t but it happens. 3 of the 4 defeats have been away and we were unlucky to lose to Notts County. Friday could be the turning point or things might go against us. Either way I won’t be losing the ability to reflect rationally on how far we’ve come as a club in the last 6 months.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 26
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Momentum

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.