3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
ska face
November 13, 2021, 5:27pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,337
Gold Stars: 820
Absolutely priceless in this division. Lincoln had it & harnessed it, look where it put them. I don’t want to be sat here in 3,4,5 years time having played Wealdstone again in non-league wondering what might’ve been if someone had bothered their árse to replace the star striker when we were getting gates of 7000 and selling out at home.

Absolutely fúcked the chance to push on against some absolute dross, and now the players will have to lift their game to beat almost all the top 6/7 in the next few months. They’re capable of it, but they’ve just made their job immeasurably harder.
Private Message
chaos33
November 13, 2021, 5:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
Agree. Selections and tactics short today, but something has happened with performance levels and it’s inexplicable.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 26
Phil the cod
November 13, 2021, 6:12pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +5 / -5
Approval: -321
Gold Stars: 61
Reminds me of one of those teams that has a fall out in the dressing room between players, Richard Brodie styleee.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 26
dapperz fun pub
November 13, 2021, 6:22pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
Do the players pick the tactics do the players pick the subs ?? That’s hursts job if I’m not mistaken and at this moment he’s not getting it right … tactics style of play motivation seem almost non existent
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 26
Ipswin
November 13, 2021, 7:00pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Phil the cod
Reminds me of one of those teams that has a fall out in the dressing room between players, Richard Brodie styleee.

I don't think that's the case. Its more likely that a group of relatively young inexperienced lads in a newly assembled team found they could suddenly do nothing wrong and then the bubble got a puncture due to injuries, Covid and red cards and as a group they found they couldn't handle it.

It is firmly in Hurst's court to turn it around now. Anyone can manage a team that is winning every week and things are going smoothly How Hurst manages this problem will decide the season, time for him to show what he can do. He can start by going back to selecting the strongest team (without McAtee sadly) in which the group had confidence based on those early results and stop flipping about with unnecessary changes (which he clearly did in twp positions today.)

Time for Pearson to have a chat with the more inexperienced lads perhaps (Hurst and Doig may not be the best placed to do it)

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 26
Northbank Mariner
November 13, 2021, 7:02pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,391
Gold Stars: 170
Quoted from Ipswin

I don't think that's the case. Its more likely that a group of relatively young inexperienced lads in a newly assembled team found they could suddenly do nothing wrong and then the bubble got a puncture due to injuries, Covid and red cards and as a group they found they couldn't handle it.

It is firmly in Hurst's court to turn it around now. Anyone can manage a team that is winning every week and things are going smoothly How Hurst manages this problem will decide the season, time for him to show what he can do. He can start by going back to selecting the strongest team (without McAtee sadly) in which the group had confidence based on those early results and stop flipping about with unnecessary changes (which he clearly did in twp positions today.)

Time for Pearson to have a chat with the more inexperienced lads perhaps (Hurst and Doig may not be the best placed to do it)

You're not wrong there swin, Hurst has tried to be too clever, thinking he could tinker  when it wasn't needed, to coin a phrase "shot himself cleanly in the foot"..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 26
lukeo
November 14, 2021, 8:22am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,304
Gold Stars: 133
For me Friday is a massive game psychologically.
Win and we stop this route with our best player(s) potentially becoming available for some massive games to increase that positiveness.
Lose and its 6(?) on the bounce and we'll likely be further away from the top 3.

With this new play off format we must aim for a top 3 finish to get an advantage. UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 26
devs
November 14, 2021, 10:33am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,960
Gold Stars: 30
Think it's more a case of our first XI is a top three team
Our squad as a whole is barely top 8

For whatever reason it looks like the slightest setback has infected morale/confidence; we were flying and it is utterly baffling to me how it can go so wrong so quickly

Certainly without McAtee (as a fan) I think that has reduced our creativity/firepower by at least 60-70%

We look clueless in the final third most of the time; shot shy; little quality into the box

Baffling and frustrating that we losing to poor teams - and worrying
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 26
chaos33
November 14, 2021, 10:33am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
I really hope the fans stay behind the team and manager when things get even tougher in the forthcoming sequence of games.
The only thing I can’t tolerate personally is a lack of effort and commitment and that is clearly not the case with this fantastic squad of dedicated professionals. Sure some young individuals are making mistakes and it’s clear that confidence has gone from high to low but I think it’s time to show faith and vocal encouragement rather than condemnation.

I think Hurst got yesterday wrong and he knows it, and the players he did have faith in let him down. I think that criticism needs to be constructive and we need to guard against hostility or abuse creeping in. Stick together, and crack on. Overall we are very well placed and our support will help to sustain that if we stay really positive.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 26
dapperz fun pub
November 14, 2021, 10:46am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
[quote=3699]Think it's more a case of our first XI is a top three team
Our squad as a whole is barely top 8

This … and the first big test of our new owners I thought we needed  a couple of good additions but looking more like 3/4. I know hindsight is wonderful but if we’d signed tshmango (spelling) we’d have been ten points clear now

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 26
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Momentum

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.