3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
November 11, 2021, 7:48pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +827
Gold Stars: 117
We can all hope it is Morais and Rose, but my guess is it'll be some of the younger players on the verge. Maybe Goundry and Essel, but then again Spokes hasn't featured so far so could be him.

What does everyone think?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Northbank Mariner
November 11, 2021, 8:34pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,443
Gold Stars: 171
We can all hope it is Morais and Rose, but my guess is it'll be some of the younger players on the verge. Maybe Goundry and Essel, but then again Spokes hasn't featured so far so could be him.

What does everyone think?

Definitely Spokes, potentially Goundry, Essel and Adlard... Rose, Battersby already out on loan. Morais will just sit out imo, can't see him kicking a ball again for any team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 28
MuddyWaters
November 11, 2021, 9:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Essel isn’t even on pro terms so I suspect he will remain with the youth squad.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 28
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
November 12, 2021, 10:32am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +827
Gold Stars: 117
I forgot that Rose was out on loan....easily done I suppose.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 28
Kris2
November 12, 2021, 12:24pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,628
Gold Stars: 136
Morais is probably not going anywhere. He's almost 36 so is likely looking to run out the next 6-7 months of his contract before retiring from football. Hopefully he already buggered off back to Portugal and isn't hanging around the club like a bad smell. Can't really blame him, we gave him an 18 month deal in December out of desperation and if I were him I'd be happy collecting my wages to sit out knowing my career is pretty much ending.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 28
WOZOFGRIMSBY
November 12, 2021, 8:52pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,798
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from Kris2
Morais is probably not going anywhere. He's almost 36 so is likely looking to run out the next 6-7 months of his contract before retiring from football. Hopefully he already buggered off back to Portugal and isn't hanging around the club like a bad smell. Can't really blame him, we gave him an 18 month deal in December out of desperation and if I were him I'd be happy collecting my wages to sit out knowing my career is pretty much ending.

I think you are doing him a slight disservice. He actually shone above others when he came in and gave us a brief hope of fighting relegation. The Bradford fiasco I guess put the final nail in his football playing coffin

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 28
promotion plaice
November 12, 2021, 9:00pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193

Town sanction a trio of exits:

Danny Rose's loan to Darlington has been extended until January 8th.

Jaz Goundry joins Bridlington Town on a one-month loan deal, whilst Luis Adlard moves to Cleethorpes Town for the same period of time.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 28
HertsGTFC
November 12, 2021, 9:50pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,881
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

I think you are doing him a slight disservice. He actually shone above others when he came in and gave us a brief hope of fighting relegation. The Bradford fiasco I guess put the final nail in his football playing coffin

He never played a full game if I recall right and I think I would have "shone" in a side that bad. Yes he had skill compared to the rest but to say he came in and gave us any form of fight is rose coloured glasses at best.

Along with most of last seasons squad in isolation he was not a good signing, Payne is a f******g nut job but Morais was a % of the Bradford fiasco lets not forget that.

Away from the football aspect I thought it was interesting that before that game Macca said that nobody from the club booked the side a pre match meal and they had to travel round on the coach to find food, the last throughs of the Fenty reich I'm sure.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 28
Abdul19
November 12, 2021, 11:36pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,515
Gold Stars: 215
I never bothered watching it again so could well be wrong, but wasn't Morais' crime at Bradford getting nutted?

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 28
DB
November 13, 2021, 2:22am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,975
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from Abdul19
I never bothered watching it again so could well be wrong, but wasn't Morais' crime at Bradford getting nutted?

I'd much prefer to forget the whole fiasco, we have moved on to a better team with better owners. All beit in a worse league thanks to the afore said & co.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 28
aldi_01
November 13, 2021, 3:58am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Whilst it was Payne who indeed committed the act, from the response from the club it was clear Morais’ wasn’t entirely innocent…

Another wage robbing girl private brought in…he’ll be sat with his feet up taking a wage, he’s no intention of going anywhere nor will he ever play for us.

He showed signs of being a good player? May be he did but as pointed out, a one legged pensioner would’ve stood out in that side…another player consigned to the rubbish pit, forever linked to arguably the darkest period in the clubs history…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 28
jamesgtfc
November 13, 2021, 10:21am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,942
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Abdul19

It appeared that way on the pitch but we don't know what went on in the dressing room or if there was conflicts at Cheapside which culminated in Payne planting a weak headbutt on Morais.

On Payne, I see he's managed 0 goals in 11 games for Chesterfield whilst picking up 6 bookings.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 28
RonMariner
November 13, 2021, 4:11pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.41
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,542
Gold Stars: 224
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Away from the football aspect I thought it was interesting that before that game Macca said that nobody from the club booked the side a pre match meal and they had to travel round on the coach to find food, the last throughs of the Fenty reich I'm sure.

Shocking if true.  Sums up the previous regime perfectly.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 28
AndyDarloFC
November 17, 2021, 4:52pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +17 / 0
Approval: +1,695
Gold Stars: 33
Rose has started our last couple of games and he’s been a class above. Dictates the play so easily, chipped in with a couple of assists too.

Happy we’ve extended his loan like, hopefully his decent run of games keeps on this weekend with another Darlo win.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 13 - 28
Northbank Mariner
November 17, 2021, 5:21pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from AndyDarloFC
Rose has started our last couple of games and he’s been a class above. Dictates the play so easily, chipped in with a couple of assists too.

Happy we’ve extended his loan like, hopefully his decent run of games keeps on this weekend with another Darlo win.

Ah, you can't have a 5G mast or weather making machine in Darlington then...
Keep him pal, he just looked a bit lost with us, may have been down to hollowhead but he just wouldn't fit into our team now.
It's actually quite a shame, Rose has had an half decent career and to fail at GTFC must have kicked him ..
You may well sign him in January, wouldn't surprise me in the least pal.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 28
arryarryarry
November 17, 2021, 5:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from aldi_01
Whilst it was Payne who indeed committed the act, from the response from the club it was clear Morais’ wasn’t entirely innocent…

Another wage robbing girl private brought in…he’ll be sat with his feet up taking a wage, he’s no intention of going anywhere nor will he ever play for us.

He showed signs of being a good player? May be he did but as pointed out, a one legged pensioner would’ve stood out in that side…another player consigned to the rubbish pit, forever linked to arguably the darkest period in the clubs history…

Morais played a ball down the line, Payne couldn't be arsed to go for it, Morais had a moan at Payne, Payne took exception to that and squared up to Morais and pushed his forehead into Morais' face.

The ref saw it and sent Payne off.

Neither player was good enough.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 28
Theimperialcoroner
November 17, 2021, 5:55pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,141
Gold Stars: 102
Had a bizarre dream last night that Danny Rose was ripping up the Premier League playing for Stoke.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 28
BobbyCummingsTackle
November 17, 2021, 7:48pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,194
Gold Stars: 291
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
Had a bizarre dream last night that Danny Rose was ripping up the Premier League playing for Stoke.

Jeez, that is bizarre. Totally nuts! It's completely beyond belief that Stoke would be in the Premier League.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 28
Son of Cod
November 18, 2021, 11:41am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
I also think the whole thing seemed harsh on Morais from an outsider's perspective. I thought he looked like a very tidy player when he first came in last season. Was by far the best crosser we had. Was a shame we never saw him and Hanson in the same team. He'd probably be more use than Grant/Wright/Scannell have been this season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 28
denni266
November 18, 2021, 12:25pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +700
Gold Stars: 132
It was strang what Hurst did , to Morais , Of course we dont know if there was any background to this  but  Hurst should have been the one ot say Oi you are being lazy and not picked him  And morias was only saying  what most players would have said.. And what Macca did last week was far more over the top  will he get told he wont play again .?    Smacks of favorites to me .  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 28
Zmariner
November 18, 2021, 1:41pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,115
Gold Stars: 44
Morais looked ok to me last season and would have made the bench for me. I guess we will never know but he looked a good pro to me and was extremely harshly treated and to get bracketed with Payne seemed cruel
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 28
Mayaman
November 18, 2021, 2:41pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.91
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,387
Gold Stars: 73
Quoted from Abdul19

Yeah he had a go at Stefan Payne because the latter is a lazy tvvat.  To be fair it wasn't a great ball from Morais but Payne could have made an effort.  When he played Morias put some good whipped in crosses in my opinion.  There was nobody there to finish them though. I felt sorry for him because at least he appeared to give a toss.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 28
golfer
November 18, 2021, 2:52pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,418
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Definitely Spokes, potentially Goundry, Essel and Adlard... Rose, Battersby already out on loan. Morais will just sit out imo, can't see him kicking a ball again for any team.

What has Morais actually done wrong besides getting head butted by that lazy twatt. I'd have him in the team instead of him being paid to sit on his arsen
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 28
golfer
November 18, 2021, 2:59pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,418
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from AndyDarloFC

I never did rate him but he seemed pretty popular with the Fishy brethren at one time but for some reason things changed and everyone wanted him gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 28
Les Brechin
November 18, 2021, 3:21pm

Posts Per Day: 4.18
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,693
Gold Stars: 174
Morais was in the Sky studio on Saturday summerising the Port Vale v Bradford game.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 28
Northbank Mariner
November 18, 2021, 3:49pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from golfer

What has Morais actually done wrong besides getting head butted by that lazy twatt. I'd have him in the team instead of him being paid to sit on his arsen

I understand what you're saying but Hurst chose to drop the pair of them, I can only assume there's more to the story than what went on that day ..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 28
Sigone
November 18, 2021, 4:15pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +12 / -4
Approval: +1,615
Gold Stars: 5
Luke Spokes has joined Spennymoor Town on a 3 month loan deal
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 28
wuffing
November 18, 2021, 4:18pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +833
Gold Stars: 38
I always thought that when Morais was on he gave us some quality and hope down the right...

'I walked in the dressing room. The window was open and I thought that a sea fret had got in. Then I saw smoke billowing from a pipe in the corner of the room...it was my centre-forward. He looked seven stone wet through. He went on to score thirty-odd goals that season.' Lawrie McMenemy on encountering the legend that was Matt Tees.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 28
Kris2
November 18, 2021, 4:43pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,628
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from golfer

I never did rate him but he seemed pretty popular with the Fishy brethren at one time but for some reason things changed and everyone wanted him gone.

The fact he turned out to be a conspiracy nut probably didn't help. He had one or two good games during a run of games in the team and that tends to be enough for people to massively overreact.
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 28
3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst's outgoing loans

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.