3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
November 11, 2021, 7:48pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +827
Gold Stars: 117
We can all hope it is Morais and Rose, but my guess is it'll be some of the younger players on the verge. Maybe Goundry and Essel, but then again Spokes hasn't featured so far so could be him.

What does everyone think?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Northbank Mariner
November 11, 2021, 8:34pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,443
Gold Stars: 171
We can all hope it is Morais and Rose, but my guess is it'll be some of the younger players on the verge. Maybe Goundry and Essel, but then again Spokes hasn't featured so far so could be him.

What does everyone think?

Definitely Spokes, potentially Goundry, Essel and Adlard... Rose, Battersby already out on loan. Morais will just sit out imo, can't see him kicking a ball again for any team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 28
MuddyWaters
November 11, 2021, 9:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Essel isn’t even on pro terms so I suspect he will remain with the youth squad.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 28
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
November 12, 2021, 10:32am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +827
Gold Stars: 117
I forgot that Rose was out on loan....easily done I suppose.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 28
Kris2
November 12, 2021, 12:24pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,628
Gold Stars: 136
Morais is probably not going anywhere. He's almost 36 so is likely looking to run out the next 6-7 months of his contract before retiring from football. Hopefully he already buggered off back to Portugal and isn't hanging around the club like a bad smell. Can't really blame him, we gave him an 18 month deal in December out of desperation and if I were him I'd be happy collecting my wages to sit out knowing my career is pretty much ending.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 28
WOZOFGRIMSBY
November 12, 2021, 8:52pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,798
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from Kris2
Morais is probably not going anywhere. He's almost 36 so is likely looking to run out the next 6-7 months of his contract before retiring from football. Hopefully he already buggered off back to Portugal and isn't hanging around the club like a bad smell. Can't really blame him, we gave him an 18 month deal in December out of desperation and if I were him I'd be happy collecting my wages to sit out knowing my career is pretty much ending.

I think you are doing him a slight disservice. He actually shone above others when he came in and gave us a brief hope of fighting relegation. The Bradford fiasco I guess put the final nail in his football playing coffin

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 28
promotion plaice
November 12, 2021, 9:00pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193

Town sanction a trio of exits:

Danny Rose's loan to Darlington has been extended until January 8th.

Jaz Goundry joins Bridlington Town on a one-month loan deal, whilst Luis Adlard moves to Cleethorpes Town for the same period of time.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 28
HertsGTFC
November 12, 2021, 9:50pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,876
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

I think you are doing him a slight disservice. He actually shone above others when he came in and gave us a brief hope of fighting relegation. The Bradford fiasco I guess put the final nail in his football playing coffin

He never played a full game if I recall right and I think I would have "shone" in a side that bad. Yes he had skill compared to the rest but to say he came in and gave us any form of fight is rose coloured glasses at best.

Along with most of last seasons squad in isolation he was not a good signing, Payne is a f******g nut job but Morais was a % of the Bradford fiasco lets not forget that.

Away from the football aspect I thought it was interesting that before that game Macca said that nobody from the club booked the side a pre match meal and they had to travel round on the coach to find food, the last throughs of the Fenty reich I'm sure.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 28
Abdul19
November 12, 2021, 11:36pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,514
Gold Stars: 215
I never bothered watching it again so could well be wrong, but wasn't Morais' crime at Bradford getting nutted?

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 28
DB
November 13, 2021, 2:22am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,972
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from Abdul19
I never bothered watching it again so could well be wrong, but wasn't Morais' crime at Bradford getting nutted?

I'd much prefer to forget the whole fiasco, we have moved on to a better team with better owners. All beit in a worse league thanks to the afore said & co.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 28
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst's outgoing loans

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.