Private Message
pizzzza
November 8, 2021, 2:09pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,689
Gold Stars: 137
Well he is definitely is an idiot but the article refers to one player's name he got wrong (maybe just about forgivable...), then some fans got upset because he referred to them as "Plymouth" (and presumably not "Argyle" as they would have liked).

If you're gonna slate him then slate him for sending Town on the road to oblivion not for getting a name wrong.  
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 15
DB
November 8, 2021, 2:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,951
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from pizzzza
Well he is definitely is an idiot but the article refers to one player's name he got wrong (maybe just about forgivable...), then some fans got upset because he referred to them as "Plymouth" (and presumably not "Argyle" as they would have liked).

If you're gonna slate him then slate him for sending Town on the road to oblivion not for getting a name wrong.  

He couldn't even get that right as we have now turned a corner and heading in the right direction. New owners, a new squad, and a feel-good factor.

In a sarcastic sort of way he was the best thing that happened to the club in near on 20 years. If he had stayed think where we'd be now, probably above Dover and odds on favorites for a local Derby with Boston!

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 15
promotion plaice
November 8, 2021, 2:59pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,001
Gold Stars: 192
Quoted from DB

He couldn't even get that right as we have now turned a corner and heading in the right direction. New owners, a new squad, and a feel-good factor.

In a sarcastic sort of way he was the best thing that happened to the club in near on 20 years. If he had stayed think where we'd be now, probably above Dover and odds on favorites for a local Derby with Boston!

With a special mention for Alex May.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 15
Hagrid
November 8, 2021, 5:56pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,323
Gold Stars: 526
Quoted from DB

I like you DB but in no way can i agree.

I despise that man for what he did to our club
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 15
DB
November 8, 2021, 6:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,951
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from Hagrid

I like you DB but in no way can i agree.

I despise that man for what he did to our club

I totally agree with you, it was just an after thought that if he had not gone, where would we be now. Would 1878 have taken over or would JF have hung on thinking olloway would turn things round ????  

I was merely pointing out what might have happened if he had not resigned. I absolutely detest what Holloway, Fenty and Day have done to this club over the years. Stripped it to the bone.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 15
arryarryarry
November 8, 2021, 7:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,063
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from DB

I totally agree with you, it was just an after thought that if he had not gone, where would we be now. Would 1878 have taken over or would JF have hung on thinking olloway would turn things round ????  

I was merely pointing out what might have happened if he had not resigned. I absolutely detest what Holloway, Fenty and Day have done to this club over the years. Stripped it to the bone.

I thought he left because of the new owners.

As to where we would be, we would still be in this crap League as he was taking us down and Hurst did.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 15
MuddyWaters
November 8, 2021, 9:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,174
Gold Stars: 233
The only possible positive of Hollowords was that he helped confirm the shambles that was the GTFC boardroom.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 15
jamesgtfc
November 8, 2021, 9:38pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,939
Gold Stars: 190
There was a rumour at the time that Runaway was actually sacked but to maintain his image, he ran with the resignation story. The club was already such a circus by this point so the theory was they let it be.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 15
fishboyUTM
November 8, 2021, 10:21pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,067
Gold Stars: 40
Forget him. Something weird going on there but maybe we'll never know. Seemed to lose interest and made barmy signings. But in all honesty, he was irrelevant as while JSF was still the owner we were always doomed. Both gone, balderdash to them and let's move forward and try and forget them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 15
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The man’s an idiot - Holloway

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.