Caveman
November 13, 2021, 9:56am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +767
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from golfer

This is quite a sensible suggestion Davec.  . Hypermobility  or  E.D.S. can cause all sorts of problems in the joints and can eventually lead to arthritis although the joints can stiffen with age to make them more stable. but sitting in the same position  ( eg on a coach ) can be detrimental. Light exercise after coach journey can be beneficial to sportsmen.    Dr  Golfer Bs Hio Fcp  

So he should do what I used to do when I played ., Go to away matches on his bike !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 38
KingstonMariner
November 13, 2021, 10:10am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
In this weeks interview Hurst said Max was running ok, as indeed he was before the Kiddie game when he was scheduled to play till he "felt something. "

We all have things that aren't 100% but still go to work.  Would playing through it be a possibility? It can't be that serious as he keeps returning to training.

Of course you have all the usual caveats that a top level athlete likes to be confident he is 100% but he wont be a pro footballer much longer unless he can find a solution.

Totally different thing from going into work feeling off colour.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 38
jamesgtfc
November 13, 2021, 10:17am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,950
Gold Stars: 190
In this weeks interview Hurst said Max was running ok, as indeed he was before the Kiddie game when he was scheduled to play till he "felt something. "

We all have things that aren't 100% but still go to work.  Would playing through it be a possibility? It can't be that serious as he keeps returning to training.

Of course you have all the usual caveats that a top level athlete likes to be confident he is 100% but he wont be a pro footballer much longer unless he can find a solution.

The scan that followed proved that he did indeed feel something.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 38
lew chaterleys lover
November 13, 2021, 11:22am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,707
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Totally different thing from going into work feeling off colour.

I guess that's why I put the caveat.
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 38
Phil the cod
November 13, 2021, 11:58am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +5 / -5
Approval: -332
Gold Stars: 61
We can afford to pay his wages whilst he gets back to full fitness when you think about the extra income generated by the great displays this season,part of which he was involved in.
His goal against Wrexham shows what he's capable of.
If you look after your employees they tend to repay you with loyalty and better performance.
Also you get a good reputation for future signings.
I'd give him this season and go from there.
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 38
lew chaterleys lover
November 13, 2021, 1:00pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,707
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from jamesgtfc

The scan that followed proved that he did indeed feel something.

Yes I heard that but nonetheless he was back running and seemed ok a few days later.

Is what he is feeling bad enough to stop him trying to play through it is the point I am making.

I am a big fan of his ability but we wont be able to keep a player that is not on the field regularly enough which would be a crying shame.
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 38
pontoonlew
November 13, 2021, 1:32pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +8,988
Gold Stars: 171
I’m a big fan of the Undr The Cosh podcasts and almost every single player on there says they played most of their careers with some kind of injury. Stewart Downing said last week that Sturridge used to pull out if he ever felt anything which is why he’s deemed as ‘injury prone’.

I’ve no doubt Max has the desire but surely ‘feeling something’ isn’t a reason in itself to pull out. At some point he’s going to need to risk things or he’ll be without a club in the summer which would be a crying shame.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 38
acko338
November 13, 2021, 2:16pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,222
Gold Stars: 33
Rugby players keep muscles flexible and warmed up with exercise bikes at pitchside.

Does he need to have leg warmers or similar when sat in the dugout, and a repeat touchline warm up at set periods during the game to avoid cramp or overtightness?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 38
pen penfras
November 13, 2021, 3:51pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -130
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from pontoonlew
I’m a big fan of the Undr The Cosh podcasts and almost every single player on there says they played most of their careers with some kind of injury. Stewart Downing said last week that Sturridge used to pull out if he ever felt anything which is why he’s deemed as ‘injury prone’.

I’ve no doubt Max has the desire but surely ‘feeling something’ isn’t a reason in itself to pull out. At some point he’s going to need to risk things or he’ll be without a club in the summer which would be a crying shame.

I saw an interview with Paul Merson years ago where he said he only played about 20 games in his career where he felt good. Most games there's a niggle or something and you just have to play through it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 38
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Max Wright

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.