Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Over to you Jason and Paul.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 126 Guests

Over to you Jason and Paul.

This thread currently has 4,800 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
KingstonMariner
November 7, 2021, 7:57am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from denni266

Hi John

How did you work out he’s a Fenty? Strange conclusion to come to given his post.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 32
wigworld
November 7, 2021, 8:49am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from KingstonMariner

How did you work out he’s a Fenty? Strange conclusion to come to given his post.

I thought the same. He didn't say anything substantially different to how I think our situation is at the moment. (I'm not Fenty either).
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 21 - 32
MuddyWaters
November 7, 2021, 9:00am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from thefish

Isn’t a lot of the profit still paying off ‘you know who’?

I thought it was transfer profit that was paying him off early. I would be disappointed if any transfer kitty wasn’t being bolstered by the increased gate figures.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 32
RonMariner
November 7, 2021, 10:59am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,658
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I thought it was transfer profit that was paying him off early. I would be disappointed if any transfer kitty wasn’t being bolstered by the increased gate figures.

Yes, I might be wrong but thought the deal was £500k per year for three years, accelerated by incoming transfer fees.  

So the £450k received for Pollock, Grist et al, would have already gone to him, leaving £50k to pay by the end of this season.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 32
rancido
November 7, 2021, 11:41am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,571
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from GrimRob
We could win the league with a decent number 9. We might never have a better chance. Compared to the cost of not winning the league. Surely it's worth pushing the boat out?

But is it worth it to sign some "Champagne Charlie Billy Bigbollox" who could disrupt what appears to be a very harmonious and focused dressing room? The player has to be right in so many ways and not just potential scoring ability.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 32
dapperz fun pub
November 7, 2021, 12:04pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from rancido

But is it worth it to sign some "Champagne Charlie Billy Bigbollox" who could disrupt what appears to be a very harmonious and focused dressing room? The player has to be right in so many ways and not just potential scoring ability.

We’re step 5 of English football I wouldn’t have thought we’re close to signing any champagne Charlie’s … but I get your point but every  player is a gamble and if we’re going to challenge we need to gamble so to speak
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 32
rancido
November 7, 2021, 12:33pm

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

We’re step 5 of English football I wouldn’t have thought we’re close to signing any champagne Charlie’s … but I get your point but every  player is a gamble and if we’re going to challenge we need to gamble so to speak

I was thinking more of a League 1 player nearing the end of a successful career and offering himself to the highest bidder. I know every signing is a gamble but the last thing we need in a harmonious dressing room is some guy with an inflated ego the size of the dock tower making out he is doing us a favour by being here. I trust Hurst's judgement in bringing in the right player but we need to be patient. Of all the players he signed in the summer I don't think there is one who you would think was a bad signing.

"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 32
Davec
November 7, 2021, 12:44pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
Quoted from rancido

I was thinking more of a League 1 player nearing the end of a successful career and offering himself to the highest bidder. I know every signing is a gamble but the last thing we need in a harmonious dressing room is some guy with an inflated ego the size of the dock tower making out he is doing us a favour by being here. I trust Hurst's judgement in bringing in the right player but we need to be patient. Of all the players he signed in the summer I don't think there is one who you would think was a bad signing.

I do agree but how long do we leave it? if our poor run contines then we need somebody in ASAP to help us and maybe we need to bite the bullet and take a risk sometime before we end up going another 3 or 4 games without a goal and we find ourselves 8-9 points adrift of top spot.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 32
Vance Warner
November 7, 2021, 1:39pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,786
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from rancido

Completely agree. I seem to remember we were near the top of the league when we signed Richard Brodie
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 32
rancido
November 7, 2021, 1:49pm

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Davec

I do agree but how long do we leave it? if our poor run contines then we need somebody in ASAP to help us and maybe we need to bite the bullet and take a risk sometime before we end up going another 3 or 4 games without a goal and we find ourselves 8-9 points adrift of top spot.

But who do we get? Are you suggesting getting just somebody to fill the void? I am 100% sure that PH and the owners know the problem. They have already said the funds are available but it is one thing "biteing the bullet" and another thing wasting money on a "maybe".

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 32
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Over to you Jason and Paul.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.