9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
November 7, 2021, 7:12pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,805
Gold Stars: 552
Forest Green - top of the league but only one win in 4 matches, having just been dumped out of the FA Cup by a part-time side two divisions below them.

Sound familiar?

No need to panic just yet.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 84
RonMariner
November 7, 2021, 9:15pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.41
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,542
Gold Stars: 224
Forest Green - top of the league but haven’t won in 4 matches, having just been dumped out of the FA Cup by a part-time side two divisions below them.

Sound familiar?

Well said.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 84
BlackandWhiteBarmy2
November 7, 2021, 10:51pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,022
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from AlwaysHaddock1878
Worrying third consecutive 1-0 defeat on the bounce. Looks as if teams have found the blueprint to beat us.

We’ve been below par in the league since the Altrincham game but scraping results had masked it. Looks like the mask is slipping.

Desperately need another striker and anyone who thinks otherwise is a fckwit.

Time to focus on getting wins on the football pitch instead of anything else going on at the club. Massive massive game next weekend.

Its the middle of November FFS

And when you fall back into the mud it hurts a lot.
No! None of it was true, none of those things we thought we could see existed at all.
All that was really there was still more misery

Emile Zola
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 84
arryarryarry
November 8, 2021, 4:16am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Forest Green - top of the league but only one win in 4 matches, having just been dumped out of the FA Cup by a part-time side two divisions below them.

Sound familiar?

1) Who gives a frig about FGR

2) St Albans looked a better side than either Town or Kidderminster.

3) I bet the FGR fan is liviv.
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 84
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
November 8, 2021, 7:44am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,805
Gold Stars: 552
Quoted from arryarryarry

1) Who gives a frig about FGR

2) St Albans looked a better side than either Town or Kidderminster.

3) I bet the FGR fan is liviv.

1. Quite a few people judging by the number of FGR related threads we see on The Fishy

2. True. Although it was a one-off match. FGR were awful but could have scored 3 or 4 in the final 10 mins.

3. I don’t know the FGR fan and I don’t why they would be in western Ukraine
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 84
The Yard Dog
November 8, 2021, 8:13am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,469
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from ska face
Sounds like he’s waiting for Mr Perfect and is unwilling to take a chance on anyone who isn’t a perfect match in every single way. There’s only so much that stats & recommendations from your mates can tell you, sooner or later you have to take the plunge.

Let's take the plunge and sign a Richard Brodie character type player, I don't think so, the problem is we live in a world "I want it now", rather than waiting, it's a generation thing.
Years ago if you wanted something you had to wait and save, now its on the never never.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 84
Mallyner
November 8, 2021, 8:23am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +2,507
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from The Yard Dog

Let's take the plunge and sign a Richard Brodie character type player, I don't think so, the problem is we live in a world "I want it now", rather than waiting, it's a generation thing.
Years ago if you wanted something you had to wait and save, now its on the never never.

Hopefully whoever we sign will take better penalties.

Has the ball come down yet?  

Supporting Town for 65 years.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 84
ska face
November 8, 2021, 9:02am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,568
Gold Stars: 839
Quoted from The Yard Dog

What the fúck are you blathering on about? People, including Hurst, have wanted another striker since the summer when it was clear we were light.

We’ve done nothing about it and now coming into a run of games where we play 1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th (twice), 6th, 8th and Wrexham away all in a few weeks, hoping to make do and praying none of the 3 strikers are out of form or injured.

People like you are just as prone to catastrophising as anyone else, making out that ANY potential signing is going to upset the apple cart, ruin team spirit, wouldn’t be any good, would have a bad attitude, would cost too much, etc etc etc.
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 84
buckstown
November 8, 2021, 9:25am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,171
Gold Stars: 79
Difficult to comment with great accuracy because I've only been to Wealdstone out of the last 3 games. However, the issue there wasn't that we failed to convert our chances into goals, it was that we failed to create chances
Whilst I think it would be great to sign a new striker is that really our number one priority?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 84
MuddyWaters
November 8, 2021, 9:38am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from ska face

What the fúck are you blathering on about? People, including Hurst, have wanted another striker since the summer when it was clear we were light.

We’ve done nothing about it and now coming into a run of games where we play 1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th (twice), 6th, 8th and Wrexham away all in a few weeks, hoping to make do and praying none of the 3 strikers are out of form or injured.

People like you are just as prone to catastrophising as anyone else, making out that ANY potential signing is going to upset the apple cart, ruin team spirit, wouldn’t be any good, would have a bad attitude, would cost too much, etc etc etc.

Exactly.

This ‘we might sign another Brodie’ narrative is papering over what was clearly a problem when Grant and Shop missed pre season. I haven’t done the maths but there must be a shedload of cash from over budget attendances. If we needed a Tshimanga in August, nothings changed.
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 84
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Reality Check

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.