Bigdog
November 6, 2021, 6:38pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from AlwaysHaddock1878
Worrying third consecutive 1-0 defeat on the bounce. Looks as if teams have found the blueprint to beat us.

We’ve been below par in the league since the Altrincham game but scraping results had masked it. Looks like the mask is slipping.

Desperately need another striker and anyone who thinks otherwise is a fckwit.

Time to focus on getting wins on the football pitch instead of anything else going on at the club. Massive massive game next weekend

What a ridiculous thing to say. Firstly a football club should be doing BOTH on and off field improvements every day, not either or, and I believe ours is. And secondly, as if Hurst has been concentrating on anything else other than winning the game today and looking to improve the playing squad when not at Cheapside..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 84
heppy88
November 6, 2021, 6:53pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,069
Gold Stars: 40
Questions should be asked as something is drastically wrong to take such a sudden dip in form. At the beginning of the season we were scoring for fun and from all positions. Watching a few weeks ago, it was a matter of when, not if we would score.

One of the common denominators to this dip is the inclusion of LJL. Nothing against the guy and understand the love many have for him. But when he’s involved, Town just don’t perform, like we know they are capable of this season and more importantly we don’t get points.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 84
Mighty_Mariner
November 6, 2021, 7:14pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
We could have the best striker in the league, if we’re not creating chances, it’s pointless.

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 84
arryarryarry
November 6, 2021, 7:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,944
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from It Bites
If your going to let a few close defeats define the start to the season then you better stop supporting Town now ..... Fenty defined a huge part of the club's history with little or no hope going forward . The new owners have given us back our club and hope .  

Fenty 😂😁😂😁😂😂😂

Plenty on here have defined our season based on our early season form saying what a good squad we have.
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 84
Bigdog
November 6, 2021, 7:35pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from heppy88
Questions should be asked as something is drastically wrong to take such a sudden dip in form. At the beginning of the season we were scoring for fun and from all positions. Watching a few weeks ago, it was a matter of when, not if we would score.

One of the common denominators to this dip is the inclusion of LJL. Nothing against the guy and understand the love many have for him. But when he’s involved, Town just don’t perform, like we know they are capable of this season and more importantly we don’t get points.

Here are the answers..

McAtee injured
Taylor injured
Efete suspended then Covid
Clifton struggling with an injury on and off
Sousa injured and in and out of the side
Hunt not starting games

The replacements for these players have not been either good enough or consistent enough..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 84
MuddyWaters
November 6, 2021, 7:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from Bigdog

Here are the answers..

McAtee injured
Taylor injured
Efete suspended then Covid
Clifton struggling with an injury on and off
Sousa injured and in and out of the side
Hunt not starting games

The replacements for these players have not been good enough or consistent enough..

So our striker replacement is not good enough, Sears has been crap? Disagree. Clifton is a miss. Sousa had a couple of poor games. And the Hunt thing doesn’t make sense.
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 84
jamesgtfc
November 6, 2021, 8:39pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,813
Gold Stars: 187
McAtee makes us tick. He was well off the pace against Wealdstone and has been injured since.

Him and Taylor formed a great partnership.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 84
Bigdog
November 6, 2021, 8:41pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

So our striker replacement is not good enough, Sears has been crap? Disagree. Clifton is a miss. Sousa had a couple of poor games. And the Hunt thing doesn’t make sense.

McAtee > Bapaga
Hunt > Coke
Sousa > Bapaga
Taylor > LJL
Efete  > Sears

Those 10% reductions in ability and output can have a severe effect on an overall team performance.. I never said Sears is crap, he's been solid, but he doesn't offer a threat like Efete and he doesn't link as well with Sousa. An example of fine margins.. but they all count, and they all add up..

FWIW, although Hurst has done a great job in a short space of time, I don't think our squad has enough depth in quality to sustain performances and results when key first choice players are missing. Put our best eleven players out fully fit for every game this season and we urine the league, but that's never gonna happen, as we've found out the past month or so, it's not how leagues are won. I think we need at least three more bodies through the door in January to go up as champions and if anyone thinks we need less, they're deluding themselves.. I don't think we're crap all of a sudden, but i don't want us to be hoping things will come good rather than going out there and tempting some better players to ensure we give it our best shot with these points in the bag already..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 84
forza ivano
November 6, 2021, 9:00pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,140
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Bigdog

McAtee > Bapaga
Hunt > Coke
Sousa > Bapaga
Taylor > LJL
Efete  > Sears

Those 10% reductions in ability and output can have a severe effect on an overall team performance.. I never said Sears is crap, he's been solid, but he doesn't offer a threat like Efete and he doesn't link as well with Sousa. An example of fine margins.. but they all count, and they all add up..

FWIW, although Hurst has done a great job in a short space of time, I don't think our squad has enough depth in quality to sustain performances and results when key first choice players are missing. Put our best eleven players out fully fit for every game this season and we urine the league, but that's never gonna happen, as we've found out the past month or so, it's not how leagues are won. I think we need at least three more bodies through the door in January to go up as champions and if anyone thinks we need less, they're deluding themselves.. I don't think we're crap all of a sudden, but i don't want us to be hoping things will come good rather than going out there and tempting some better players to ensure we give it our best shot with these points in the bag already..

that's a very good post. can't argue with that Bigdog - have a gold star
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 84
heppy88
November 6, 2021, 9:48pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,069
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from Bigdog

McAtee > Bapaga
Hunt > Coke
Sousa > Bapaga
Taylor > LJL
Efete  > Sears

Good post. I’ve been struggling to put my finger on the cause of our current predicament and this post helps. We are in a great position in the table and I hope we can capitalise on this. The problem for Hurst is the fans have seen what a fully fit squad can be capable of and anything less than promotion will be hard to swallow.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 84
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Reality Check

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.