1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
MarinerWY
November 1, 2021, 6:43pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,980
Gold Stars: 47
Posting here as well as in the original thread about this issue as its definitely football related, and very much GTFC related.

Statement released for those that may not have seen it:
https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2021/november/club-statement/
Private Message
Jaws
November 1, 2021, 10:02pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,306
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted from MarinerWY
Posting here as well as in the original thread about this issue as its definitely football related, and very much GTFC related.

Statement released for those that may not have seen it:
https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2021/november/club-statement/

Great stuff. There are pockets of our fan-base that have grown accustomed to BP being an environment where they can get away with behaviour not tolerated anywhere else in society, sooner they are rooted out the better.

Was sat near someone on Saturday screaming about the ref having downs syndrome and then proceeding to hand his possessions to his mate as he was off to 'sort some county fans out'. Unfortunately, no chance of anyone getting near a steward to report as the continued incompetency of the stewards and stadium manager to keep the last aisle of the Pontoon and the adjacent seats free from overcrowding means that no-one can get out, even if they wanted to.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 2
lukeo
November 6, 2021, 5:10am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,294
Gold Stars: 134
Quoted from Jaws

Great stuff. There are pockets of our fan-base that have grown accustomed to BP being an environment where they can get away with behaviour not tolerated anywhere else in society, sooner they are rooted out the better.

Was sat near someone on Saturday screaming about the ref having downs syndrome and then proceeding to hand his possessions to his mate as he was off to 'sort some county fans out'. Unfortunately, no chance of anyone getting near a steward to report as the continued incompetency of the stewards and stadium manager to keep the last aisle of the Pontoon and the adjacent seats free from overcrowding means that no-one can get out, even if they wanted to.

It's funny you say this. At half time ii was queued for food in the main stand and A couple of young lads where behind me and I overheard one of them say "ill see if he can get us into the Pontoon" then within 2 minutes I see them walk past me with an older chap with a gtfc lanyard heading towards the Pontoon.. Whether they got in or not I don't know.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 2
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Club Statement re: discrimination

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.