DB
November 1, 2021, 5:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,972
Gold Stars: 386
American Dollars Flooding into Wrexham.

According to the BBC Wrexham are going to have a spending spree in January. You would have thought that they would have learned from their and Stockports experience that money cannot buy success.

We beat Wrexham and drew with Stockport. What we have is something that money cannot buy and that is Team Spirit.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59106697

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Garth
November 1, 2021, 5:54pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Whatever! They need to do something, they could get relegated.panic stations!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 13
Kris2
November 1, 2021, 5:57pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,628
Gold Stars: 136
So you're saying if somebody that isn't a convicted con artist wanted to invest in the club and give us a huge transfer pot for January you'd want us to turn it down?
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 13
The Yard Dog
November 1, 2021, 6:07pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,469
Gold Stars: 74
I hope they spend some of that cash on extending Phil Parkinson contract, with him in charge thay will not win the league.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 13
Poojah
November 1, 2021, 6:11pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,424
Gold Stars: 1,499
I think it’s a little early to be laughing at Wrexham. No question, they’ve massively underwhelmed in terms of their own expectations and certainly those of the bookies, but they will be a very different proposition in the second half of the season following a shed load of spending in January.

Whilst not completely out of question, they’ve probably left themselves with too much to do to win the league, but with the recruitment they’ll inevitably do I wouldn’t be overjoyed at the prospect of facing them in the play-offs in May should that end up being our destination.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 13
Abdul19
November 1, 2021, 6:31pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,514
Gold Stars: 215
Once they sack Parkinson they'll be reet in the mix.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 13
The Yard Dog
November 1, 2021, 6:33pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,469
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from Poojah
I think it’s a little early to be laughing at Wrexham. No question, they’ve massively underwhelmed in terms of their own expectations and certainly those of the bookies, but they will be a very different proposition in the second half of the season following a shed load of spending in January.

Whilst not completely out of question, they’ve probably left themselves with too much to do to win the league, but with the recruitment they’ll inevitably do I wouldn’t be overjoyed at the prospect of facing them in the play-offs in May should that end up being our destination.

They can buy all the best players, but they do not have the right manager, he is a one trick pony, that's why Sunderland got rid of him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 13
Poojah
November 1, 2021, 6:52pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,424
Gold Stars: 1,499
Quoted from The Yard Dog

They can buy all the best players, but they do not have the right manager, he is a one trick pony, that's why Sunderland got rid of him.

I don’t disagree, it’s when they inevitably sack him, appoint Micky Mellon and add another £50k to their weekly wage bill in January that makes me slightly nervous.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 13
toontown
November 1, 2021, 7:02pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,248
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from Poojah

Yeah building up a lead over Stockport whilst they were hamstrung by rusk, and Wrexham before the can splash more cash in January might turn out to be important.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 13
golfer
November 1, 2021, 7:17pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,419
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from Garth
Whatever! They need to do something, they could get relegated.panic stations!

See them on Bradley Pitches yet
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 13
HertsGTFC
November 1, 2021, 7:46pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,876
Gold Stars: 227
This shouldn’t come as a surprise to anyone their new owners where never going for a long term solution to getting out of this division.

They can do what they like we can’t control any of that, let’s just keep supporting our team and club as despite not lashing out 6 figure sums we have a lot going for us.

This league has 4/5 probables for promotion and with the play off places running deep another 3/4 possibles. Wrexham will always be in the former bracket.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 13
jamesgtfc
November 1, 2021, 9:08pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,941
Gold Stars: 190
Everyone seems to assume they will replace Parkinson with someone capable.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 13
Jaws
November 1, 2021, 10:10pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,306
Gold Stars: 11
They'll go up eventually, only need to look at Salford & Forest Green. Anyone aware of any teams failing to buy their way out of the league. Admittedly, after we went up in 2016 I kind of stopped paying attention to non-league as I was hoping we'd never see it again.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 13
bedders78
November 2, 2021, 12:47pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Approval: +827
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from Jaws
They'll go up eventually, only need to look at Salford & Forest Green. Anyone aware of any teams failing to buy their way out of the league. Admittedly, after we went up in 2016 I kind of stopped paying attention to non-league as I was hoping we'd never see it again.

Hornchuch and Ebbsfleet have had some money behind them at various times, but it usually succeeds eventually

Grim Outlook exile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 13
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Money Bags

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.