3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
ex-merseymariner
October 31, 2021, 7:47am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -10
Approval: +1,397
Gold Stars: 9

Noticed Wright Spokes and Grant doing some training on the pitch pre-game, be good to see all 3 against Kiddy, unless Spokes goes out again.

Looked like Sears damaged his arm or wrist, in first half, what happened? Wrong end of the lower for me to get a clear view. Don't think hurst mentioned it post game

#newera;   New owners, new approach;  'we bought Grimsby Town to help renew the place we love'  
Join the Trust, get involved: UP THE MARINERS!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Hagrid
October 31, 2021, 7:51am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,987
Gold Stars: 507
Quoted from ex-merseymariner

Noticed Wright Spokes and Grant doing some training on the pitch pre-game, be good to see all 3 against Kiddy, unless Spokes goes out again.

Looked like Sears damaged his arm or wrist, in first half, what happened? Wrong end of the lower for me to get a clear view. Don't think hurst mentioned it post game

Spokes cup tied.

For me start strongest possible 11 next week. Any extra funds help
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 29
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
October 31, 2021, 8:11am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +787
Gold Stars: 113
Said in the Tellywag, and I urge caution on believing ANYTHING they say, that it looked like a dislocated shoulder.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 29
GollyGTFC
October 31, 2021, 8:25am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,926
Gold Stars: 347
Said in the Tellywag, and I urge caution on believing ANYTHING they say, that it looked like a dislocated shoulder.

It looked like his forearm to me. He applauded the fans by clapping his good hand against the shoulder of his injured arm. Not sure he’d have done that if his shoulder or collarbone was the issue. But maybe he’s just hard as nails?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 3 - 29
HertsGTFC
October 31, 2021, 8:34am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,628
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from ex-merseymariner

Hurst said on RH that they aren't convinced about Max's fitness and we know Grant is working his was back. If fit I  would expect both to feature in the squad next week. I would also expect Spokes to go back out on loan as I can't see him getting too many opportunities until the Trophy starts.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 29
gytone
October 31, 2021, 9:52am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,022
Gold Stars: 7
Sears has got an impact injury on his forearm, not serious apparently, well not according to the radio.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 29
pizzzza
October 31, 2021, 9:57am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,657
Gold Stars: 135
Yeah Sears was straight away holding his forearm/elbow area.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 29
mimma
October 31, 2021, 2:21pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,544
Gold Stars: 78
I think it happened when he slid in to tackle a player on the touchline, in front of the lower. He won the ball cleanly to put the ball out, but I think he must have dragged his arm along the ground.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 29
Maringer
October 31, 2021, 2:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
I couldn't tell if he'd just jarred his arm or it had been trodden/fallen on after he'd won the ball. Good news if it wasn't anything like a dislocation as that would mean some time out recovering.

You'd imagine that Efete will return next game if fit, but Sears has certainly looked a capable backup in his absence.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 29
mimma
October 31, 2021, 3:15pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,544
Gold Stars: 78
Is he back up or first team player?

He's better at defending but not as good at going forwards at pace.

Is their pace that is the deciding factor or their defending?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 29
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Sears & squad members

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.