arryarryarry
October 31, 2021, 2:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I didn't put across what I meant very well when I said "set the team up right" it was in refence to stopping them having the ball for long periods of time which I understand is their style.

Agree about Bapaga I mentioned on the Just Back thread that he should have featured earlier if not from the start he runs the channels and that would have added something that was missing rather than hitting it to a forward who's back is always to goal.

I understand that, and I don't know if it was down to that or the fact that Notts County weren't that good but the way we set up nullified our threat as well. Sadly something that Hurst has done many times, worry too much about the opposition, a trait that considering some of our games this season I thought  he had got away from.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 13
Limerick Mariner
October 31, 2021, 2:44pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,664
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from arryarryarry

I understand that, and I don't know if it was down to that or the fact that Notts County weren't that good but the way we set up nullified our threat as well. Sadly something that Hurst has done many times, worry too much about the opposition, a trait that considering some of our games this season I thought  he had got away from.

That could also be described as doing your research and analysing their strengths and weaknesses. Of course, we've had some experiences of managers totally ignoring the opposition, fielding a load of inadequate players who didn't know their job or their positions on the pitch and that didn't work either...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 13
arryarryarry
October 31, 2021, 6:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

That could also be described as doing your research and analysing their strengths and weaknesses. Of course, we've had some experiences of managers totally ignoring the opposition, fielding a load of inadequate players who didn't know their job or their positions on the pitch and that didn't work either...

Whatever he did it failed, why is that so hard for some to understand?
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 13
ginnywings
October 31, 2021, 6:22pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
We are talking division 5 here. Notts were as decent a side as you will get at this level and better than many we saw last season in League 2.

I thought we got the tactics right but were obviously short up top. Both our top scorers missing and a striker who has has had no pre season and little game time to date.

They got lucky with a classic smash and grab. Our performance was good, the result not so. It happens.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 13
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst Post Match

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.