3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Stockport Mariner
October 29, 2021, 6:44pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +553
Gold Stars: 8
Good article written by Josh Gowling about black managers, if anyone's interested:

https://www.theguardian.com/fo.....s-back-black-coaches
Logged Offline
Private Message
TheRealJohnLewis
October 29, 2021, 8:30pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
There's very little to dislike about Josh, such a really nice bloke.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 20
HertsGTFC
October 29, 2021, 8:41pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,635
Gold Stars: 217
I know we get hung up about former players but Josh is someone I’d like to see involved with GTFC again in the future.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 20
Garth
October 29, 2021, 8:47pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
Quoted from HertsGTFC
I know we get hung up about former players but Josh is someone I’d like to see involved with GTFC again in the future.

I would too
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 20
Heswall Mariner
October 29, 2021, 9:31pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +580
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis
There's very little to dislike about Josh, such a really nice bloke.

Arriving in  this neck of the woods I went to watch us against Chester &recall it finished  1 - 1 Hannah for them & Podge for a last minute equaliser.

However what stands out in my memory is Josh going over to the smattering of Mariners supporters for a chat at the final whistle  
- the rest had gone.
Diamond geezer in my eyes.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 20
HertsGTFC
October 30, 2021, 8:39am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,635
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from Heswall Mariner

Arriving in  this neck of the woods I went to watch us against Chester &recall it finished  1 - 1 Hannah for them & Podge for a last minute equaliser.

However what stands out in my memory is Josh going over to the smattering of Mariners supporters for a chat at the final whistle  
- the rest had gone.
Diamond geezer in my eyes.

Similar when we played Alferton away, he was doing a bit after the game and without any prompting just started talking to people.

Bright bloke as well I think he’s got a psychology degree as well as his coaching qualifications. I recall when we won 1 - 0 away at Cambridge and he turned us round for the first half, after the game JT asked him why and his reply was “I wanted our supporters behind us in the 2nd half” very clever.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 20
jamesgtfc
October 30, 2021, 9:01am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,815
Gold Stars: 187
I don't think he was remembered too fondly at Lincoln but then again, neither was Jon Nolan.

I liked Josh Gowling as a player, wasn't scared to put his head where others put their feet and definitely among the most intelligent players we've had in recent years.

Still lives locally despite managing Hereford too!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 20
aldi_01
October 30, 2021, 9:19am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from jamesgtfc
I don't think he was remembered too fondly at Lincoln but then again, neither was Jon Nolan.

I liked Josh Gowling as a player, wasn't scared to put his head where others put their feet and definitely among the most intelligent players we've had in recent years.

Still lives locally despite managing Hereford too!

Literally…remember when that fat lad at forest green nearly took his head off in the play off final?

Always had time for Gowling, always seemed a decent chap and clearly enjoyed his time here…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 20
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
October 30, 2021, 9:27am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,784
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from aldi_01

Literally…remember when that fat lad at forest green nearly took his head off in the play off final?

Always had time for Gowling, always seemed a decent chap and clearly enjoyed his time here…

It wasn’t Gowling’s head was it?

Didn’t Parkin stamp down on Gowling’s standing leg way after the ball had gone?  Gowling was lucky his tib and fib didn’t shatter like a breadstick in a blender.

The referee missed it (always seem to happen in play-off finals with Town) but the Yorkshire Parkin was banned retrospectively for three matches.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 20
Macca_D
October 30, 2021, 9:29am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: -59
Gold Stars: 3
Nah, you're alright ta! Think I'll give it a miss.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 20
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Josh Gowling

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.