21 Pages Prev ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 Next All Recommend Thread
Mariner_501
October 26, 2021, 10:49pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +227
Gold Stars: 27
Not sure if any of you have heard of him but that Ira Jackson could be an upgrade on Lenny. January bid for him
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 190 - 203
HertsGTFC
October 26, 2021, 11:08pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from ginnywings
Last time we lost, there was a great reaction from the team, so let's hope we get another.

Tough game on Saturday with a depleted squad though if we are missing some first choice players. Could have done with an easier game this weekend until the cavalry are back, but it is what it is.

You would imagine Notts County will come and want to play football, I’d be happy with a draw on Saturday if we’re going to be that depleted.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 191 - 203
forza ivano
October 26, 2021, 11:45pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,148
Gold Stars: 265
would spokes have been what we are missing tonight with clifton and hunt missing

with hindsight he would possibly have been a better option than Coke, but it was never going to happen in reality. Certainly i would've put Hunt and Revan on after the first ten minutes of the second half when it turned into a defence v attack game. With the best goal difference in the division a 2-0 defeat would have made no difference, so why not go for it?

ps really missed efete as well

pps towler had another superb game , especially when he and Waterfall were up against the very difficult Umera and his equally effective partner on the pitch, Rob Massey-Ellis.

ppps could anyone else work out why Mr Massey-Ellis was decked out in black, when the rest of his team mates were playing in blue?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 192 - 203
GollyGTFC
October 27, 2021, 8:35am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,977
Gold Stars: 356
How on earth has the telegraph bloke given Bapaga & John-Lewis 6/10 for last night’s match when he’s handed out 5s to Waterfall, Towler, Sousa & Coke. Bapaga was terrible especially positionally and i don’t know where you start with LJL’s “performance”.

I thought we were pretty solid from a back four perspective, but they had little to no protection from Coke or Fox. And why Coke feels the need to constantly drop back to within 5 yards of Waterfall or Towler to receive the ball and then play a simple pass to either Sears or Crookes that Waterfall or Towler could have easily made themselves is anyone’s guess.

And where do you start with Bapaga? I can’t remember seeing such an inept performance from a left winger- he didn’t offer anything defensively or attack-wise. He didn’t give Crookes any option but to lump the ball forward for LJL by not offering himself in a good position. He (Bapaga) was slightly better when he switched to the right and then centre. We missed Clifton’s high energy & workrate & replaced him with Bapaga who was lazy (or tired of I’m being generous) last night.

And LJL… not his night if we’re being kind. Really he needs to be our 3rd choice. He should be the one thrown on up front in the last few minutes and not Luke Waterfall. Waterfall won 2 knock-downs and on neither occasion did LJL or Bapaga anticipate it and the ball just ran through to the goalkeeper.

Ratings…
7 - McKeown.
6s - Sears, Waterfall, Towler, Crookes.
5s - Sousa, Fox & McAtee.
4s - Coke & John-Lewis.
3 - Bapaga.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 193 - 203
Hagrid
October 27, 2021, 9:19am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,373
Gold Stars: 532
Quoted from GollyGTFC
How on earth has the telegraph bloke given Bapaga & John-Lewis 6/10 for last night’s match when he’s handed out 5s to Waterfall, Towler, Sousa & Coke. Bapaga was terrible especially positionally and i don’t know where you start with LJL’s “performance”.

I thought we were pretty solid from a back four perspective, but they had little to no protection from Coke or Fox. And why Coke feels the need to constantly drop back to within 5 yards of Waterfall or Towler to receive the ball and then play a simple pass to either Sears or Crookes that Waterfall or Towler could have easily made themselves is anyone’s guess.

And where do you start with Bapaga? I can’t remember seeing such an inept performance from a left winger- he didn’t offer anything defensively or attack-wise. He didn’t give Crookes any option but to lump the ball forward for LJL by not offering himself in a good position. He (Bapaga) was slightly better when he switched to the right and then centre. We missed Clifton’s high energy & workrate & replaced him with Bapaga who was lazy (or tired of I’m being generous) last night.

And LJL… not his night if we’re being kind. Really he needs to be our 3rd choice. He should be the one thrown on up front in the last few minutes and not Luke Waterfall. Waterfall won 2 knock-downs and on neither occasion did LJL or Bapaga anticipate it and the ball just ran through to the goalkeeper.

Ratings…
7 - McKeown.
6s - Sears, Waterfall, Towler, Crookes.
5s - Sousa, Fox & McAtee.
4s - Coke & John-Lewis.
3 - Bapaga.

well the new bloke said Towler was pulled all over last night and had Hunt as his MOM on Saturday.....!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 194 - 203
GollyGTFC
October 27, 2021, 9:23am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,977
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from Hagrid

well the new bloke said Towler was pulled all over last night and had Hunt as his MOM on Saturday.....!!!!!

Wealdstone didn’t create anything from open play though did they? Towler was in a tussle most of the night but gave as good as he got generally.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 195 - 203
Hagrid
October 27, 2021, 9:30am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,373
Gold Stars: 532
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Wealdstone didn’t create anything from open play though did they? Towler was in a tussle most of the night but gave as good as he got generally.

no thats what i mean mate, his scoring system is just bizarre
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 196 - 203
quebec38
October 27, 2021, 2:19pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +1,575
Gold Stars: 48
Yeah I think you can discount this new Telegraph guy. Hunt the standout on Saturday apparently ha ha. I mean he got pulled off after playing his worst 60 minutes for Grimsby but ok.
Private Message
Reply: 197 - 203
Heswall Mariner
October 27, 2021, 5:29pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +587
Gold Stars: 30
Last nights performance & the under par Yeovil game  left me wondering if resting the settled team for 2 weeks had lost us some momentum?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 198 - 203
denni266
October 27, 2021, 5:58pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +696
Gold Stars: 132
Quoted from Heswall Mariner
Last nights performance & the under par Yeovil game  left me wondering if resting the settled team for 2 weeks had lost us some momentum?

That is a fair point,  no matter what game it is alwase play your strongest side especially if it has a winning mentality, Except for injurys that is but proper injurys not   made up ones or they are tired .. Pro footballers should be able to play 2 games a week  if they are fit . If not get them fitter

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 199 - 203
21 Pages Prev ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Wealdstone thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.