3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
grimsby pete
October 25, 2021, 12:53pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Four points clear at the top of the league with 100% win record at home.

Yet we still want more and criticize players for not shooting or missing a chance.

Let's enjoy the moment because seasons like this do not happen very often.

Onward and upward !!!!

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 23
IrishMariner
October 25, 2021, 12:53pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +10 / -1
Approval: +613
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from fishboyUTM

Yep, fortunately largely irrelevant. Though I've a decent bet on Mcatee finishing top scorer so I wouldn't encourage too much unselfish play  

I know how you feel, 50/1 was too good to resist!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 23
Kris2
October 25, 2021, 2:39pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,617
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from grimsby pete
Four points clear at the top of the league with 100% win record at home.

Yet we still want more and criticize players for not shooting or missing a chance.

Let's enjoy the moment because seasons like this do not happen very often.

Onward and upward !!!!

We could have just beat Barcelona in the Champion's League and some people would still be unhappy about something. In the end you can't please everyone and some folks can't go a day without complaining about something.

Some people just don't like Hurst because he told them the truth instead of giving lip service like Holloway and Jolley did, telling them how great they are and how great the area is but then offered little in actual coaching and management. People ate up the comments on the fans, the area and how all the players will have to move local though. They never hurt the fans feelies by saying they act spoilt but they also presided along a downward spiral.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 23
RichMariner
October 25, 2021, 4:07pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,109
Gold Stars: 204
Thing is, no performance will be perfect. Even in beating Dover 6-0, we missed a penalty.

So let's all accept that there will be bad misses even in games we dominate and just move on with our lives. I know what will happen, though — a bad miss will cost us a game and the negative nellies will be quicker than the 'Just back' OPs to shout 'told you so'.

Well, excrement happens. And it always will. No one is perfect.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 23 - 23
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Yeovil (H) Highlights

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.