Grimsbynewhope
October 25, 2021, 6:39pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +301
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from ginnywings

I grew up supporting Man Utd and GTFC. It was the done thing when I was at school and my older brothers were the ones who got me into Utd, courtesy of them having Best, Law and Charlton and winning the European Cup in 68. Bobby Charlton is my all time favourite player.

They and myself have never attended Old Trafford, but we have thousands of games at BP between us.

Don't really have any affinity to them nowadays though.

Division 1 as it was back then, didn't seem a million miles away from our level, not like today where the gulf is incalculable.

Most people realise after leaving school, and growing up that they have no real connection to these so called glamour clubs and realise that supporting your home club is all that really matters, but I’m sure there’s plenty sat at home reading this wearing their Man U, Liverpool, Chelsea etc replica shirts.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 80
Phil the cod
October 25, 2021, 6:56pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +5 / -5
Approval: -332
Gold Stars: 61
Quoted from marinernige
Who gives a sh@t about either team. Thought this was a Grimsby forum.UTM

Same plastic wan.kers on here will be the same ones moaning about how shi.te town are when they're not banging 6 goals past everyone.
I've got more respect for Scunthorpe United supporters than plastic mancs/Mickey mousers, at least they are supporting their home side.
I'll get thousands of red crosses but, I'll get over it.
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 80
Phil the cod
October 25, 2021, 7:00pm
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from tashee69

Not necessarily closet Premier fans ,but football fans. If there’s any closet fans on here, it appears to be the closet Man Ure fans getting annoyed about getting their backsides kicked. Perhaps the closet Man Ure fans thought it safe on here. 😆

Why are they on here then? F.ck off,we don't need or want them, they can all go down to wetherspoons and sit there looking like total sharp objects in their replica shirts, spouting shite about teams 120 miles away, beyond sad imho.
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 80
TownSNAFU5
October 25, 2021, 7:04pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,851
Gold Stars: 42
United were probably doomed when they chose the weekend to announce plans to extend Old Trafford to accommodate 80,000 fans.  How dare they try and erase our ground record attendance?

It has all rebounded on them.  They might as well reduce the capacity now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 80
Heisenberg
October 25, 2021, 7:08pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +4,955
Gold Stars: 93
I was pretty much the only one at school who decided to support town only, everyone else had a second team (and in some cases i think Town were their second team).

As a consequence of this decision I also find I’m far more of an England fan than they are/were too.

I have never regretted my decision, and whilst I will happily watch MOTD and the odd live EPL game for entertainment, I only really watch them to keep an eye on the form of the players who are eligible for England. Otherwise I can take it or leave it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 80
Phil the cod
October 25, 2021, 7:09pm
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from Heisenberg
I was pretty much the only one at school who decided to support town only, everyone else had a second team (and in some cases i think Town were their second team).

As a consequence of this decision I also find I’m far more of an England fan than they are/were too.

I have never regretted my decision, and whilst I will happily watch MOTD and the odd live EPL game for entertainment, I only really watch them to keep an eye on the form of the players who are eligible for England. Otherwise I can take it or leave it.

Good lad.
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 80
LH
October 25, 2021, 7:14pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,460
Gold Stars: 172
Some really angry people about today. Maybe because the only football they watch is Town and it’s been dreadful for years?
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 80
aldi_01
October 25, 2021, 7:26pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Was the only kid in my class that didn’t support a ‘premier league’ team…well, the only other one was a Scunny fan. He’d lived there, moved but stayed a scunt much like many of us have with town.

That said, getting angry becauee people want to make a thread about the biggest game in English football is genuinely mind boggling, shame people didn’t get this aggy 6/7/8/9 years ago when it was clear Fenty was a disgrace…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 80
Grimsbynewhope
October 25, 2021, 7:43pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +301
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from aldi_01
Was the only kid in my class that didn’t support a ‘premier league’ team…well, the only other one was a Scunny fan. He’d lived there, moved but stayed a scunt much like many of us have with town.

That said, getting angry becauee people want to make a thread about the biggest game in English football is genuinely mind boggling, shame people didn’t get this aggy 6/7/8/9 years ago when it was clear Fenty was a disgrace…

At least we agree on your last sentence
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 80
RonMariner
October 25, 2021, 10:27pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.41
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,539
Gold Stars: 224
I don't support either team but watched the game because there were some fantastic players on show and I like to see football of the highest level.

I'm a football fan, and I enjoyed the game. I don't think there is anything wrong with posters wanting to discuss the game with fellow football supporters. We discuss all sorts of things from the wider football world.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 80
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Man Utd v Liverpool

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.