aldi_01
October 25, 2021, 9:44am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
What a very bizarre outlook…

I mean, perhaps people discuss both clubs as there are several links you can make with GTFC…but as you don’t take any interest in that premier league I’m guessing you don’t know the link…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 80
Grimsby2012
October 25, 2021, 4:28pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +12 / -8
Approval: -1,466
Gold Stars: 22
Quoted from Grimsbynewhope
Too many closet premier league supporters on here

Couldn't agree more. All this thread has done is show up these closet prem supporters. If you want to discuss a bunch of over paid prem teams who bleed lower league teams dry by taking their talent, forcing b teams into cups and taking local fans away from their local teams ( like some in this thread) then good for you. I'll stick to the only team that I actually care about.

I blocked seeing red ticks years ago so go ahead   If I don't reply to you then i didn't read your replies  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 80
aldi_01
October 25, 2021, 4:43pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Grimsby2012

Couldn't agree more. All this thread has done is show up these closet prem supporters. If you want to discuss a bunch of over paid prem teams who bleed lower league teams dry by taking their talent, forcing b teams into cups and taking local fans away from their local teams ( like some in this thread) then good for you. I'll stick to the only team that I actually care about.

What a pair of odd buggers you are…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 80
promotion plaice
October 25, 2021, 4:48pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,956
Gold Stars: 189
Quoted from Grimsby2012

I started this thread and I only support Town and England, I see nothing wrong with discussing other League's teams including the Prem.

The Newcastle thread has had many replies by posters on here but I'm pretty sure most aren't closet Prem supporters.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 80
LH
October 25, 2021, 5:09pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,389
Gold Stars: 169
Quoted from Grimsby2012

I'll stick to the only team that I actually care about.

Don’t open threads with other clubs names in then 🤷‍♂️
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 80
GollyGTFC
October 25, 2021, 5:18pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,926
Gold Stars: 347
I had a bet on Liverpool to score 5+ goals at 25-1. Shame it was just for the odd 41p I had in my Sky Bet account.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 45 - 80
tashee69
October 25, 2021, 6:02pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +28 / -4
Approval: +965
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Grimsby2012

Not necessarily closet Premier fans ,but football fans. If there’s any closet fans on here, it appears to be the closet Man Ure fans getting annoyed about getting their backsides kicked. Perhaps the closet Man Ure fans thought it safe on here. 😆

Baldrick ! The only impression you can do is that of a man with no talent !!
GTFC team 09/10 - Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick.
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 80
Gaffer58
October 25, 2021, 6:11pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,035
Gold Stars: 31
I would assume the majority on this forum “support” a premier team but follow Grimsby Town.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 80
GollyGTFC
October 25, 2021, 6:14pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,926
Gold Stars: 347
Quoted from Gaffer58
I would assume the majority on this forum “support” a premier team but follow Grimsby Town.

I think you presume wrongly.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 48 - 80
ginnywings
October 25, 2021, 6:21pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from Gaffer58

I grew up supporting Man Utd and GTFC. It was the done thing when I was at school and my older brothers were the ones who got me into Utd, courtesy of them having Best, Law and Charlton and winning the European Cup in 68. Bobby Charlton is my all time favourite player.

They and myself have never attended Old Trafford, but we have thousands of games at BP between us.

Don't really have any affinity to them nowadays though. Division 1 as it was back then, didn't seem a million miles away from our level, not like today where the gulf is incalculable.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 80
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Man Utd v Liverpool

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.