Humbercod
October 24, 2021, 8:41am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,494
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from fishboyUTM

They are letting people in, they let me in the other week but I seem to remember they scanned my season ticket. Just an overflow I think and not a bad thing as keeps the queues down.

Earlier poster reckons the scans don’t count entry it’s the turnstiles?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 106
moosey_club
October 24, 2021, 8:55am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,194
Gold Stars: 224
Can't believe people are moaning about the club are giving away "free" tickets....I would imagine these will be to schools, junior organisations etc , something that the club has been criticised for not doing previously.
It's the perfect time to be doing this, catch the next generation of supporter whilst the atmosphere, team and wins are piling up.

As for numbers on the actual day, there were two season ticket holders not sat next to me, so although pre match sales would indicate the seats are gone the attendance will be short. I am sure other people could say similar.

But if there are as mentioned full rows sitting empty then maybe something the club should check on to see if every seat is actually registered on the ticket site.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 106
grimps
October 24, 2021, 11:23am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,092
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from moosey_club
Can't believe people are moaning about the club are giving away "free" tickets....I would imagine these will be to schools, junior organisations etc , something that the club has been criticised for not doing previously.
It's the perfect time to be doing this, catch the next generation of supporter whilst the atmosphere, team and wins are piling up.

As for numbers on the actual day, there were two season ticket holders not sat next to me, so although pre match sales would indicate the seats are gone the attendance will be short. I am sure other people could say similar.

But if there are as mentioned full rows sitting empty then maybe something the club should check on to see if every seat is actually registered on the ticket site.

I don’t think anyone has a problem with them giving away tickets , the problem would be if they’re giving away tickets and they’re not being used .
If there’s 600 people not attending when others are being locked out then there will be a lot of upset fans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 106
StaffsMariner
October 24, 2021, 1:01pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +428
Gold Stars: 6
Average attendance of 5860 after 6 games with Wrexham being the only one you would expect a big crowd for is amazing.
Hopefully we give out less complimentary tickets against the likes of Notts to allow paying fans chance to get a ticket.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 106
jungleland
October 24, 2021, 2:20pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Approval: +124
Quoted from fishboyUTM
Turnstile operator was busy doing something else when I went in. Just let me though without scanning my season ticket so that won't have been counted.

This was my experience also    Showed my season ticket but was waved through without it being scanned
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 106
Gaffer58
October 24, 2021, 2:43pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,094
Gold Stars: 31
There could be a problem for those people who maybe cannot commit to going until the  Thursday/Friday prior to the game, they look on the seating plan and decide that because there may be not the required quantity together, or it’s in an area they don’t care for they don’t buy, but on the actual match day there are perfectly good seats empty that those people would have willingly paid for. So as said in earlier posts, if these empty seats are freebies that are not then being used then the situation needs addressing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 106
Jaws
October 24, 2021, 2:53pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,306
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted from Gaffer58
There could be a problem for those people who maybe cannot commit to going until the  Thursday/Friday prior to the game, they look on the seating plan and decide that because there may be not the required quantity together, or it’s in an area they don’t care for they don’t buy, but on the actual match day there are perfectly good seats empty that those people would have willingly paid for. So as said in earlier posts, if these empty seats are freebies that are not then being used then the situation needs addressing.

Imagine this week there may be people waiting to get paid as well, particularly after a few away games this month.
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 106
lee65
October 24, 2021, 2:55pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,480
Gold Stars: 10
Half term week, maybe some season ticket holders away?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 106
ginnywings
October 24, 2021, 4:26pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,097
Gold Stars: 548
Is there really an issue? 6500 in the ground, over 7000 issued, so there was 2000 seats available somewhere if any paying fans wanted to attend.

If you want a better seat, get in early. I'd have gone in the Osmond if I hadn't have got my usual seat a couple of weeks back.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 106
NorthLondonMariner
October 24, 2021, 8:27pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +415
Gold Stars: 7

I work in the music/entertainment industry. Since the end of lockdown, despite ticket sales for events looking very healthy, attendances are not. I did a show at the Electric in Brixton which sold 2400 tickets (a sellout). 1600 attended. Party on a boat last week, sell out at 370 tickets. 245 attended. Venues are reporting between 10-20% no shows every Friday and Saturday. I'm assuming it's a mixture of Covid cases, people self-isolating and also timid/reluctant ticket holders changing their minds.

I work in the same industry as you and you are absolutely correct. Since the end of the outdoor season, every single indoor gig I've worked I have seen a much bigger drop-off than you would normally expect.  KSI in Bristol a few weeks ago, for example, we had about 400 no-shows from 1350 sales.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 106
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Today’s attendance

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.