HertsGTFC
October 25, 2021, 7:43pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,876
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from Scenes on toast

Yeah not going pretend we don't have bell - ends in the crowd, but that is a poor generalised view. I'm very lucky to have a good job and be able to wear SI, CP etc...My money , My choice. This does not make  Me Fight opposition,  Boo the knee or anything else you level at certain folk. Think it's your views that are in the " 70's , 80's if I'm honest. UTM , ATAW 👍

Fair point, get what you mean completely. To be honest the Stone Island comment was an observation about a tiny % of people rather than a generalisation and wasn’t meant to be pushed out there as a sweeping statement it appears.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 101
ginnywings
October 25, 2021, 9:08pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Fair point, get what you mean completely. To be honest the Stone Island comment was an observation about a tiny % of people rather than a generalisation and wasn’t meant to be pushed out there as a sweeping statement it appears.

Not all Stone Island wearers are hooligans, but a lot of hooligans are Stone Island wearers.

Never got the whole "dresser" thing myself, but each to their own.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 101
denni266
October 25, 2021, 10:34pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +700
Gold Stars: 132
You cant judje a book by its cover  ,,  i remember going to pick this girl up around 1970 ish . and i hered her mother through the door say  why are you going out with a long haired greaser biker like that ,, Many years later i had the fortune to pick her up in my taxi to go shopping.. and she said , do i know you , i said yes  i am the long haired greasy biker that went out with your daughter . Oh she said , do you still live in town , no i said  i have a house in the countyside , but i have 3 houses i rent out  and two cars  and have 4 holidays a year but one is only on my 8 berth cruiser  at wroxham . and av never been out of work since i left school.. S he never said much after that , and she didnt ring my office for a taxi again as far as i know . That is a true story
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 101
Norseman
October 26, 2021, 12:29am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +275
Gold Stars: 48
No need to boo the knee now .You can cheer Lenny who stood against racism
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 101
GYinScuntland
October 26, 2021, 3:00am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from ginnywings

Not all Stone Island wearers are hooligans, but a lot of hooligans are Stone Island wearers.

Never got the whole "dresser" thing myself, but each to their own.

Never worn Oxford bags with a pair of 4" platforms then? 😁
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 101
Henryscat
October 26, 2021, 6:27am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,395
Think it was bad on Saturday, wait until tonight.

You want some? I’ll give it ya

Panic on the streets of Carlisle, Dublin, Dundee, Humberside
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 101
Dave Gilberts Left Peg
October 26, 2021, 6:56am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +2 / -5
Approval: -154
Gold Stars: 78
Some fantastic generalisations on here, so if I’m over 40 I have to shop in Next or wear Rab or Montane like I’m attempting the North face of the Eiger. Yes there’s some idiots in the Stone island and CP crew but as another poster said if you have a decent job what’s the problem with buying decent clothing. Tbh some of the worse football violence I have seen was by replica kit wearing fans at Stoke away many many years ago so you just never know. Different times granted.

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 101
DB
October 26, 2021, 7:30am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.51
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,971
Gold Stars: 386
Until I read this thread I thought Stone Island was someplace in the Humber!

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 101
DB
October 26, 2021, 7:31am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.51
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,971
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from denni266
You cant judje a book by its cover  ,,  i remember going to pick this girl up around 1970 ish . and i hered her mother through the door say  why are you going out with a long haired greaser biker like that ,, Many years later i had the fortune to pick her up in my taxi to go shopping.. and she said , do i know you , i said yes  i am the long haired greasy biker that went out with your daughter . Oh she said , do you still live in town , no i said  i have a house in the countyside , but i have 3 houses i rent out  and two cars  and have 4 holidays a year but one is only on my 8 berth cruiser  at wroxham . and av never been out of work since i left school.. S he never said much after that , and she didnt ring my office for a taxi again as far as i know . That is a true story

You don't need crosses just a gold star. Well done.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 101
ginnywings
October 26, 2021, 11:56am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from GYinScuntland

Never worn Oxford bags with a pair of 4" platforms then? 😁

I'll admit to the Oxford bags, but not platforms. It would have been brogues, but that was a very long time ago.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 101
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › To whom it may concern

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.