11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Mighty_Mariner
October 24, 2021, 3:05pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
I was sat in the Osmond yesterday and this certainly wasn’t just the doing of Town fans! The Yeovil lads were doing their very best to wind people up. One Town fan took exception to this and eventually thrown out by the stewards.

The Yeovil fans carried on antagonising the Town section, mainly from a group of around 30, many of which looked about 16, some Town lads, having had enough started gesticulating back and motioning over to them. Kicked off when the second goal went in, town fans expectedly celebrated in front of the Yeovil section, one lad took it upon himself to try jump into the Town section and was promptly stopped by police and stewards, not before spitting in the face of a Town fan, he was then cuffed.

I don’t condone the abuse of the players when they came over the clap their travelling supporters but this certainly wasn’t instigated by Town lads, not from why I saw anyway.

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 101
Heisenberg
October 24, 2021, 3:32pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,035
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner
I was sat in the Osmond yesterday and this certainly wasn’t just the doing of Town fans! The Yeovil lads were doing their very best to wind people up. One Town fan took exception to this and eventually thrown out by the stewards.

The Yeovil fans carried on antagonising the Town section, mainly from a group of around 30, many of which looked about 16, some Town lads, having had enough started gesticulating back and motioning over to them. Kicked off when the second goal went in, town fans expectedly celebrated in front of the Yeovil section, one lad took it upon himself to try jump into the Town section and was promptly stopped by police and stewards, not before spitting in the face of a Town fan, he was then cuffed.

I don’t condone the abuse of the players when they came over the clap their travelling supporters but this certainly wasn’t instigated by Town lads, not from why I saw anyway.

It’s taken 6 pages for someone who saw what happened to put the record straight, and thank you for doing so. I’m far from a Stone Island’er myself, but I’m glad we’ve got to the bottom of it and established that it wasn’t town fans at fault this time. We are too quick to judge our own.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 101
dapperz fun pub
October 24, 2021, 3:40pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
Ffs didn’t realise Yeovil had a firm … perhaps the end of football violence hasn’t reached Somerset yet 🙃
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 101
Mallyner
October 24, 2021, 3:55pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +2,515
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
Ffs didn’t realise Yeovil had a firm … perhaps the end of football violence hasn’t reached Somerset yet 🙃

It's been going on it Somerset for many years, in fact Simon and Garfunkel once sang a song about it,
'Trouble over Bridgewater.'  

Supporting Town for 65 years.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 101
gary_elton
October 24, 2021, 4:10pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Gold Stars: 6
It's been going on it Somerset for many years, in fact Simon and Garfunkel once sang a song about it,

Very good... amused me did that...  

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 101
DB
October 24, 2021, 4:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.48
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,000
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from Mallyner

Like that, droll but good. Gold star for you.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 101
waynegftc
October 24, 2021, 4:34pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +115
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from aldi_01

You don’t really understand designer clothing do you? Have you ever read the book about massimo Osti…

Yer I hav m8 bangin buk setz da toan 4 mi sarrtoryal ellygunce

WAYNEGFTCS AVIN A PARTEE
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 101
forza ivano
October 24, 2021, 7:52pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,159
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from waynegftc

Yer I hav m8 bangin buk setz da toan 4 mi sarrtoryal ellygunce

wot woz yore forts on the Yovile Massive?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 101
TownSNAFU5
October 24, 2021, 8:06pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,876
Gold Stars: 42
Did not see any trouble from the UF.

But did post a few days ago that there was fighting last Sat, both before and after their FAC local derby match. Police horses and Police dogs had to be used to break up trouble.

I posted that they would not bring enough fans to cause trouble at BP.  Maybe I was wrong?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 101
Scenes on toast
October 25, 2021, 7:33pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +393
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from HertsGTFC
For years there have been pockets of bell ends in and around BP we have one in the first section of the upper near where we sit.

They walk in sit down on kick off, go to the bar after 38 mins and model the latest Stone Island jackets and baseball caps. They’ll be stood up in their seats next Saturday offering out the Notts County fans, booing the knee and shouting abuse in front of young kids…… “geezers”?….. “boys”? …… “lads”? No just throwbacks who belong in the 70s & 80s.

Yeah not going pretend we don't have bell - ends in the crowd, but that is a poor generalised view. I'm very lucky to have a good job and be able to wear SI, CP etc...My money , My choice. This does not make  Me Fight opposition,  Boo the knee or anything else you level at certain folk. Think it's your views that are in the " 70's , 80's if I'm honest. UTM , ATAW 👍

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 101
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › To whom it may concern

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.