October 23, 2021, 8:10pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,494
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from LH
Four points clear at the top of the league! 🤯🤯🤯

A frustrating watch but Yeovil came to do just that and if anything in the first half were a slight bit better than us. That said I don’t think we were fully with it today. Not as slick as we have been and at times a bit timid. Ref was an idiot.

Crowd a bit flat but expected given the performance. I would estimate that 90% of people go through the turnstiles after the team has been announced on twitter/facebook and read out on Humberside. Why do those who come with preformed opinions on LJL still bother coming? He couldn’t put more effort in if he tried. He’s not going to have a perfect first touch every time. He’s not going to see where everyone is when he does flick a header on. He’s not going to bury every chance but guess what? Neither will McAtee or Taylor or whoever else is picked to play. Please just lay off him a bit and let him be good at what he is good at.

Lennie’s effort was 100% agreed but it wasn’t a good performance let’s be totally honest, and to be fair there were others in the team who having earned their starting place in the team didn’t play great today either. I was critical of his miss from my viewpoint today but other posters have mentioned the poor pass from Mcatee so I will have to watch it again on the box.
What’s your thoughts on Max Wright not playing today then? What’s he done wrong? At the least  I would of thought bringing him on for a tiring Lennie to run at a tiring Yeovil defence would of been the best option.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 74
LH
October 23, 2021, 8:13pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,460
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from ginnywings
If the roles had been reversed and Lenny had passed the ball to McAttee, people would be saying hard luck John, but that ball from Lenny was sh1t.

Exactly what I mean. He had a shot himself from a very tight angle which hit the side netting today and someone shouted “thanks Lenny, you’re excrement”. McAtee had one from a similar angle which went behind the goal and nothing. I’ve seen his wife and kid at games this season - I’d hate to have to hear that sort of abuse if I was her.
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 74
LH
October 23, 2021, 8:17pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,460
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from Humbercod

What’s your thoughts on Max Wright not playing today then? What’s he done wrong? At the least  I would of thought bringing him on for a tiring Lennie to run at a tiring Yeovil defence would of been the best option.

He’s got cheesestrings for hamstrings and is being managed as such. Sousa came on and made a big difference. It’s no wonder LJL struggles with all of those people on his back at home games.
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 74
TwoLeftFeet
October 23, 2021, 8:20pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +2,069
Gold Stars: 18
Quoted from Humbercod

Lennie’s effort was 100% agreed but it wasn’t a good performance let’s be totally honest, and to be fair there were others in the team who having earned their starting place in the team didn’t play great today either. I was critical of his miss from my viewpoint today but other posters have mentioned the poor pass from Mcatee so I will have to watch it again on the box.

Personally I wouldn't have put him on for Lenny as the only way I could see them getting an equaliser was from a corner so would want Lenny on to help defend them the last 10/15 mins..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 74
Hagrid
October 23, 2021, 8:21pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,386
Gold Stars: 527
Quoted from Humbercod

Sousa came on made a difference, Revan deserved some gametime after 2 goals last week and Coke is the Captain replacing an ineffective Hunt

He hasnt done anything wrong, your looking for something that isnt there, 5 subs, 3 can be used
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 74
Swansea_Mariner
October 23, 2021, 8:26pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,430
Gold Stars: 63
Max Wright is clearly being nursed through this part of the season, Hurst said about a week ago that he wasn't ready to start against Bromsgrove  obviously ditto today
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 74
TownSNAFU5
October 23, 2021, 8:53pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,851
Gold Stars: 42
8 penalties this season.  Keep them coming.  A reward for direct runs into the box.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 74
HertsGTFC
October 23, 2021, 9:02pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,875
Gold Stars: 227
Whoever does the scouting for Yeovil needs to get some recognition as they did a good job on us today and their work rate was impressive.

Agreed not our most fluid performance but there where a few little snapshots of the quality and more importantly the confidence we currently have and that’s underlined by our back 4 who are looking really comfortable in the ball whilst maintaining “us shape” consistently well.

Good teams win without playing well and I don’t think anyone had a bad game we just wasn’t as cohesive.

So 3 more points, 4 point gap at the top with for different reasons 2 tricky games coming up.

Well done Town, job done today.

UTM!!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 74
dicko995
October 23, 2021, 9:07pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: -259
Gold Stars: 21
I,d of put Max on for Lennie after 10 minutes !!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 74
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
October 23, 2021, 9:12pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,805
Gold Stars: 552
Quoted from dicko995
I,d of put Max on for Lennie after 10 minutes !!

Well thank goodness you are not involved in football
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 74
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.