marinette
October 23, 2021, 6:02pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +38 / -4
Approval: +320
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I think Bapaga made it clear that he made a slow start as he was one of the Covid cases at the start of the season.

Ah, that bit of information must have passed me by.  He's more than making up for it now though, isn't he?  

Private Message
Reply: 10 - 74
RonMariner
October 23, 2021, 6:03pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.41
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,539
Gold Stars: 224
The fact is that we have players like Sousa, Wright, Bapaga, and even Efete who can run at defenses and cause problems and create chances. It's the strength in depth of this squad that gives me most confidence. Over a long season all teams will have key players out at various times. I doubt many of our competitors will be capable of weathering an injury storm as well as we can.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 74
barrattstandman
October 23, 2021, 6:10pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +478
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from DB
Let's reflect, not only on today but the season so far. It's not been good has it, it's not been brilliant either.

It's been bloody fantastic. Played 12 and won 9, drawn 2, and lost 1 on a plastic pitch, 4 points clear at the top. Does anybody want to discuss how to improve our situation?

Don't play on plastic pitches . The last 2 promoted teams have had a massive advantage and got promotion  i. e . Harrogate and Sutton  .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 74
lukeo
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,294
Gold Stars: 134
Don't understand why people are still saying we need a striker. We're top by 4, LJL scored and assisted and hopefully Taylor will be back soon. If we get an injury then I'll agree an out and out striker or young lad may be needed. But this squad is good. Its the first time in a long time i look at our sub bench and go 'wow'
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 74
gobby

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +772
Gold Stars: 7
I thought Yeovil were a half decent side but could not convert their one chance but it was a good save from Macca which made up for his flap at a corner. For me it was a midfield battle which tide Hunt up and stopped him pushing on. McAtee should have scored but tried to put LJL in but it wasn’t the best of balls and I think LJL didn’t expect it and was caught on his heels and wrong foot. All in all 3 points against a fair side leaves me happy. Fox MOM.  
UTMM

The Icenian Predicition League  CHAMPION 2016/17
Beat The Clock Champion 2020/21 🏆 👏

My old man said follow the Town
And dont dilly dally on the way
We'll take Scunny in half a minute
We'll take Lincoln and all thats in it!

One Step Beyond.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 74
pontoonlew
October 23, 2021, 6:16pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,834
Gold Stars: 167
Quoted from lukeo
Don't understand why people are still saying we need a striker. We're top by 4, LJL scored and assisted and hopefully Taylor will be back soon. If we get an injury then I'll agree an out and out striker or young lad may be needed. But this squad is good. Its the first time in a long time i look at our sub bench and go 'wow'

A side challenging for the league shouldn’t be making so with a YT as back-up IMO.

The fact there’s a debate about Lenny shows he’s not a back-up we can have 100% faith in so I think we’d be absolutely mad not to bring another striker in personally.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 74
Maringer
October 23, 2021, 6:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,399
Gold Stars: 184
Quoted from lukeo

LJL and McAtee were knackered by the end today. We quite literally couldn't name a striker on the bench as we're short on numbers up top. I if LJL had picked up an injury early on today, we'd have been playing with just one forward as we don't have any others. That's why we need another striker in. We've got strength in depth in all other areas of the field, but not up front.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 74
Garth
October 23, 2021, 6:19pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
All teams coming here will play above themselves whilst we sit on top of the league.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 74
jamesgtfc
October 23, 2021, 6:29pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,941
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from marinette
Not as emphatic a victory as some of our previous ones, but a win's a win and the table is still a beautiful sight.

I think Bapaga has improved massively since his Town debut - confidence is a wonderful thing.  Fox had a good game, and McAtee put in his usual workload.  It was a great goal at the end (and much appreciated - I'm sure I wasn't the only one who was getting jittery).  Sousa created a buzz when he came on, gave Yeovil something tricky to think about and is always good to watch.  My man of the match is Sears.  I'm struggling to pick anyone these days as it's such a team effort, but Sears looked strong and capable in defence and I liked that.

There was a moment in the second half when Sears put in a strong tackle and then held strong to win a foul. Totally different player to Efete but a really capable defender.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 74
barralad
October 23, 2021, 6:36pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,268
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from jamesgtfc
I thought their number 10 got the better of Towler at the beginning of the game but Towler worked out how to deal with him. I really thought they would equalise after that LJL miss.

Not at our best but credit to Yeovil because they had a plan and made it difficult for us.

Towler will have learned more from today than any of the  others he's played. Absolutely superb after a dodgy opening ten. What a player we have in him.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 74
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.