Knut Anders Fosters Voles
October 23, 2021, 5:49pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,824
Gold Stars: 553
Quoted from Ipswin

Please don't apologise. I was the poster and I stand by all of it. I don't think LJL is worthy of a place in the current squad and in my opinion (I assume having an opinion contrary to the majority hasn't been banned by admin yet) I can't see how or why Hurst persists with him and having Taylor unavailable is bad news

It's not negative, its my opinion  unlike some I haven't yet mentioned cows arses and banjos but I don't rate him and his performance in front of goal has been abysmal - fact. Others may think his performance in the last two weeks has been outstanding

Lenny’s performances in the last two matches have been decent. His finishing hasn’t been great but he’s not a ‘goalscorer’. It’s a team game and Lenny brings a lot to the team / squad. Look at Giroud in the 2018 WC or Guivarc’h in ‘98. There’s no need to single him out though. We have goals coming from all over the squad.

It’s not like Lenny is a Payne or Conlon, who were due some of the scorn.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 132
BS baffles brains
October 23, 2021, 5:50pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +33
Gold Stars: 1
I had a ticket today,  was running late work wise, when I heard Lennie was playing, thought, I'll give this a miss and finish job. UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 132
AussieMariner
October 23, 2021, 5:54pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +2,072
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from Ipswin

Thank you for attempting to post a message about me, a good effort considering English is clearly not your first language.

Actually Swin, Lukeo’s first language clearly is English. It may not meet your impeccable standards grammatically but he is pretty effective in communicating his message, which I would have thought was the main requirement in participating in an on line forum.
Or to put it into the  vernacular, please stop being such a condescending sharp object.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 132
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
October 23, 2021, 5:57pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,824
Gold Stars: 553
Quoted from BS baffles brains
I had a ticket today,  was running late work wise, when I heard Lennie was playing, thought, I'll give this a miss and finish job. UTM

Your loss. Hope you gave your ticket to someone deserving of it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 132
Oly1987
October 23, 2021, 5:58pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,227
Gold Stars: 22
Swin do you ever have anything positive to weigh in or are you content with constantly rolling out the "Hurst will be a failure if we don't get promoted first time of asking" and "Lenny is no good" tripe you persist with? This is possibly the best season some town fans have seen in a long time so why not just enjoy it?

And just in a side note, since returning from injury Lenny has scored in the 2 games he's started (albeit both penalties)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 132
codcheeky
October 23, 2021, 6:03pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from Ipswin

Please don't apologise. I was the poster and I stand by all of it. I don't think LJL is worthy of a place in the current squad and in my opinion (I assume having an opinion contrary to the majority hasn't been banned by admin yet) I can't see how or why Hurst persists with him and having Taylor unavailable is bad news

It's not negative, its my opinion  unlike some I haven't yet mentioned cows arses and banjos but I don't rate him and his performance in front of goal has been abysmal - fact. Others may think his performance in the last two weeks has been outstanding

So you put your judgement above that of our team manager, the  stats say LJL has started the last 2 games and we have scored 7 and conceded 0 he has scored twice and made assists. Who is to say how the games would have gone had he not played?
I have been to neither game but from experience LJL has always been a hardworking team player, we are in the fifth tier we cannot expect Salah like finishing. He may miss a few efforts but never hides. You can have your pet hates but you should save them for when it costs us points, they may be more relevant then
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 132
RonMariner
October 23, 2021, 6:10pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,660
Gold Stars: 226
Well whatever your view on Lenny, I'd rather concentrate on the fact that we have clocked up 29 points from 12 games, are the joint top scorers, have the best goal difference, have won the last four league games.

It's a tremendous start given that we recruited almost an entirely new squad. There is a long way to go, but we have given ourselves a great platform to build on.

We have been at the top of the league for weeks now, it feels great!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 132
lukeo
October 23, 2021, 6:13pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 145
Quoted from AussieMariner

Actually Swin, Lukeo’s first language clearly is English. It may not meet your impeccable standards grammatically but he is pretty effective in communicating his message, which I would have thought was the main requirement in participating in an on line forum.
Or to put it into the  vernacular, please stop being such a condescending sharp object.

Thank you. 👍
UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 132
oochiad
October 23, 2021, 6:18pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,716
Gold Stars: 27
What’s the deal with the ticket numbers……it’s perplexing, can Kristine or someone from the club explain? I was looking forward to seeing 7000+ scrawled across the score board, but to be 600 down???
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 132
oochiad
October 23, 2021, 6:19pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,716
Gold Stars: 27
Very flat performance but the right result! UTM!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 132
14 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Yeovil (H) Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.