GYinScuntland
October 25, 2021, 12:36pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from aldi_01

If you have several ales and ride a bike, if you have a licence can they not take it off you should you appear ‘over the limit’? Genuine question…

I think it would be great if they encouraged folk to cycle etc…I love the Italian method when every man and his dog turns up on a scooter…

I don’t mind a walk but it’s a fair old trek from Laceby…

I believe there is legislation where they can take your licence for any offence at all.
It is there for use against criminals, drug dealers etc.
So although it's highly unlikely you would lose your licence for cycling after a few the possibility is there.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 38
LH
October 25, 2021, 12:42pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,462
Gold Stars: 172
As if the coppers at our matches have got enough time to deal with drunk up cyclists.
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 38
aldi_01
October 25, 2021, 12:51pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from LH
As if the coppers at our matches have got enough time to deal with drunk up cyclists.

You’ve met Humberside police surely?

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 38
nealeardleyscrossing
October 25, 2021, 2:12pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: -323
Gold Stars: 4
I can certainly see some similarities with what is happening to Grimsby at the moment to when we were starting to gather momentum under the Cowleys. Discussions about getting tickets, limiting away fans and worrying about teams from up the ladder pinching players - this happened to us - recruitment becomes key then about who you replace them with.

I know we have looked at a forward in your team as we have a few issues up front - My son plays for the Academy and one of the coaches told me we were looking at Mcatee and have a lad coming in from Swansea also. - Is he any good if we do get him, can he do a job in League 1 or too big a step?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 38
gtfckyle
October 25, 2021, 2:29pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +25
I can certainly see some similarities with what is happening to Grimsby at the moment to when we were starting to gather momentum under the Cowleys. Discussions about getting tickets, limiting away fans and worrying about teams from up the ladder pinching players - this happened to us - recruitment becomes key then about who you replace them with.

I know we have looked at a forward in your team as we have a few issues up front - My son plays for the Academy and one of the coaches told me we were looking at Mcatee and have a lad coming in from Swansea also. - Is he any good if we do get him, can he do a job in League 1 or too big a step?

Massive step up, I'd leave him here. Waste of your money!  

In all seriousness, I think it's likely a huge step up and would be a gamble considering his record.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 38
nealeardleyscrossing
October 25, 2021, 2:32pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: -323
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from gtfckyle

Massive step up, I'd leave him here. Waste of your money!  

In all seriousness, I think it's likely a huge step up and would be a gamble considering his record.

Thanks - My son actually plays with a Scunny fan at the Academy and his Dad told me he was rubbish but I would take that with a pinch of salt.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 38
ginnywings
October 25, 2021, 3:08pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548

Thanks - My son actually plays with a Scunny fan at the Academy and his Dad told me he was rubbish but I would take that with a pinch of salt.

Then his Dad is an idiot.  He'll run until he drops, makes goals and scores goals.

He's not an out and out striker; more of a No10 and I am not surprised teams are looking at him.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 38
Ipswin
October 25, 2021, 3:17pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89

He's doing so well at the moment I just can't see him agreeing to taking a step down to your level, fifteen years time when he's had enough of the Premier league and he's looking for a last short payday contract somewhere maybe

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 38
The_Laughing_Mariner
October 25, 2021, 6:06pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +1,041
Gold Stars: 10
Price is £3m.  cheque for £1.5m and A one way ticket to Timbuctoo payable to Mr J S Fenty, Fenty Towers, Grimsby.

<'(((((<

When I was a little boy
I asked my daddy what would i be
would I be United, would i be Leeds
Here's what he said to me

Oh Grimsby Grimsby
Whatever will be will be
You'll follow then faithfully
Oh Grimsby Grimsby

Tell me Mam me Mam
I dont want no tea no tea
I'm watching the Grimsby
Tell me Mam me mam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 38
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The down Side of Town doing well

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.