4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Brazilnut
October 23, 2021, 1:57am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.27
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +978
Gold Stars: 30
Yes we are all very happy with the ways things are going  I thought  very tongue in cheek I would post a couple of downsides to Towns success

1 No longer get that sympathetic look when I walk into work in Doncaster on Monday morning  with a whispered phrase ....."oh did you go on saturday "

2 I can no longer use Town to threaten my lad ....ie  if you dont tidy your bedroom I will take you to the match on Saturday

3 The wife is for the first time reluctant for me to go to the match  because I might enjoy myself ,  she never had that worry before , she will be planning Saturday afternoon shopping trips soon

can anyone else think of other downsides

<*(((><

Town have given me some of my highest highs and my lowest lows ........ God it is like a marriage
Logged Offline
Private Message
GY1
October 23, 2021, 2:51am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +129
Gold Stars: 1
no
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 38
aldi_01
October 23, 2021, 7:00am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Takes longer to get out the ground, nothing to moan about, many a thread talking about increased capacity, more folk in the pub so takes longer to get a pint…

In truth, I like the tongue in cheek nature of the post but at this moment in time there really isn’t anything we can moan about with our current situation…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 38
jimgtfc
October 23, 2021, 7:30am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,009
Gold Stars: 40
I live near peoples park, it felt like I parked the car at Barnetby top last time, the walk seemed that far away!

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 38
promotion plaice
October 23, 2021, 9:16am

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,953
Gold Stars: 188

The foyer in the Lower is getting that busy now that it is becoming chaotic. It's murder trying to get a beer at that little bar just behind the turnstiles now with everyone piling in.
The queue for the gents lacks structure and gets in the way of fans trying to get up and down the stairway.

Great to see all these extra fans but jeez do we need a new stadium.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 38
ex-merseymariner
October 23, 2021, 9:28am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -10
Approval: +1,397
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from promotion plaice

The foyer in the Lower is getting that busy now that it is becoming chaotic. It's murder trying to get a beer at that little bar just behind the turnstiles now with everyone piling in.
The queue for the gents lacks structure and gets in the way of fans trying to get up and down the stairway.

Great to see all these extra fans but jeez do we need a new stadium.

There's a sign on the wall about the gents queue, probably new, unless I've just not noticed it before.

Seems odd to be moaning about toilets, parking, and not the owners, the players, the food or the management!  

This thread is ideal for moaning about there being not enough to own about 😀😉

#newera;   New owners, new approach;  'we bought Grimsby Town to help renew the place we love'  
Join the Trust, get involved: UP THE MARINERS!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 38
LH
October 23, 2021, 9:39am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,390
Gold Stars: 169
Parking. I’m there on my own today due to Covid isolations so rather than frustrate myself I’m walking the 4miles there.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 38
golfer
October 23, 2021, 9:48am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,374
Gold Stars: 111
Quoted from LH
Parking. I’m there on my own today due to Covid isolations so rather than frustrate myself I’m walking the 4miles there.

It wont seem very far to walk home if we win but it'll seem like a marathon if we happen to lose.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 38
Les Brechin
October 23, 2021, 9:51am

Posts Per Day: 4.19
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,644
Gold Stars: 168
Quoted from LH

I agree, parking within easy walking distance can be a nightmare now. So much so that I've now been going about an hour earlier than normal to get a space where I usually park, and just sitting in the car listening to music or Radio Hullberside. Thankfully today I'm being dropped off and picked up by a friend so today will be fine.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 38
Belfast Town
October 23, 2021, 10:30am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +1,689
Gold Stars: 18
Booking flights around Town fixtures and the jeopardy of not knowing whether you’ll get a ticket or the gets  match moved because of the telly or police advice!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 38
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The down Side of Town doing well

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.