7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
marinerjase
October 22, 2021, 4:08pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,639
Gold Stars: 147
You can get it no matter how many jabs you’ve had, and pass it on. The benefit of having them are symptoms supposedly lessen. The jabs aren’t a cure. As has been said above we’ll have to learn to live with this thing for a long time to come. Hopefully we won’t get to the point of everything stopping again..not sure folk will be as tolerant if they have to go through any lock downs again, or things getting called off - be it music, sports, pubs etc

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 66
Limerick Mariner
October 22, 2021, 4:21pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,693
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from marinerjase
You can get it no matter how many jabs you’ve had, and pass it on. The benefit of having them are symptoms supposedly lessen. The jabs aren’t a cure. As has been said above we’ll have to learn to live with this thing for a long time to come. Hopefully we won’t get to the point of everything stopping again..not sure folk will be as tolerant if they have to go through any lock downs again, or things getting called off - be it music, sports, pubs etc

With you on this - research shows that for the generally healthy, the most resilient immunity comes from vaccination and exposure to the virus. Sadly, those with underlying health conditions may have to have more restrictive lifestyles but like with flu, people will have their yearly jabs to protect them as much as possible.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 66
KingstonMariner
October 22, 2021, 5:28pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

With you on this - research shows that for the generally healthy, the most resilient immunity comes from vaccination and exposure to the virus. Sadly, those with underlying health conditions may have to have more restrictive lifestyles but like with flu, people will have their yearly jabs to protect them as much as possible.

And that means a bigger % of the population need to get themselves vaccinated to help protect the vulnerable.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 66
KingstonMariner
October 22, 2021, 5:34pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Kris2
It's certainly not going away no matter what we do. We are at least becoming better equipped at dealing with outbreaks but we tried containment and vaccination, it's still evolving and here to stay. The only way to not get it is to barely go anywhere or be lucky.

Not very well. Vaccination has been OK but the containment has been shîte, leading to more cases and more mutations, which undermines the vaccines a bit.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 66
Maringer
October 22, 2021, 5:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,482
Gold Stars: 185
Unlikely we'll ever get sterilising immunity with vaccines for this virus, but boosters which target the newest variants will probably become the norm for those over 50 or perhaps over 60, just as they are with flu. It isn't the flu, however, which only causes a couple of thousand deaths most years and very rarely causes long-term symptoms in previously young and healthy people like 'Long Covid'. It wouldn't surprise me if younger people were offered a booster before next winter, though we need to get them fully vaccinated first, of course.

Various antiviral treatments are being developed and some of those should be available in the UK some time next month - Molnupiravir reportedly reduces the risks of hospitalisation/death by as much as 50% if you take the course of pills early enough but it will only be the elderly/those at risk given this medication. I think that's why the government are making the mistake of holding off from 'Plan B' (i.e. not doing much more other than requiring people to wear masks indoors again). They are hopelessly wrong, of course, as all the medical and public health experts are pointing out, but it's what we expect from this government. Doing nothing makes a lockdown much more likely.

It would be nice if we could get vaccines to children, but the way things are going, most of them will become infected before anything is authorised so I've just got my fingers-crossed that my kids won't get too poorly from it. Absolutely no chance of avoiding infection in the longer term due to the obvious 'herd immunity' plan put in place by our useless government.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 66
aldi_01
October 22, 2021, 5:41pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Masses of sickness at work, nothing to do with Covid and everything to do with everything with the fact last year nobody seemed to get a cold or flu.

1 single positive Covid test this term and the pupil has only actually attended school a couple of weeks anyway. Pupil was vaccinated, it is what it is.

Crack the intercourse on, people are slowly going back to the life they had and want…

Without this thread descending in to yet another Covid thread, we’ve got the depth to the squad, we know we’ve a strong team and the mood in the camp and around the club is Uber postive so I’m not really concerned…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 66
Bristol Mariner
October 22, 2021, 5:56pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +2,877
Gold Stars: 79
Sounds like couple of changes to squad which is more than fine for the depth we have atm

GTFC Exile, Bristol Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 66
buckstown
October 22, 2021, 6:02pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,177
Gold Stars: 79
So, any clues as to who'll be missing and will it make a big difference?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 66
ginnywings
October 22, 2021, 6:47pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from buckstown

I know one of the players who is out but I won't name him as Hurst clearly doesn't want to let the opposition know, otherwise he would have named names.

Let's just say he will be a big miss but It's a squad game and you can lose players at any time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 66
Northbank Mariner
October 22, 2021, 6:49pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from buckstown

Reading between the lines it sounded like it was up front....so make of that what you will.....only thing we do know is Macatee is fit, thank god🙏
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 66
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › COVID again

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.