This thread currently has 6,597 views. Print
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
LH
October 18, 2021, 9:07pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,459
Gold Stars: 172
Significant drop off in quality over the last few weeks (yes yes, an already low bar etc). Look to have caused a bit of uproar tonight with a debate article about a third choice forward who played at the weekend and maybe lost a few social media followers because of it.
Private Message
davmariner
October 18, 2021, 9:11pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,910
Gold Stars: 78
Wouldn’t say The Shop is third choice. Now he’s getting back to fitness he’ll more than likely rotate with Taylor. I don’t think there’s a debate to be had. Most people know what The Shop brings to the team and perhaps the areas where we can get more from him on. But on balance he’s a useful player to have - particularly at this level.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 40
Mariner_501
October 18, 2021, 9:12pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +227
Gold Stars: 27
Almost feel sorry for the new lad. Daft thing to do and it is going to be hard to get people back onside
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 40
jamesgtfc
October 18, 2021, 9:12pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,941
Gold Stars: 190
The new guy is possibly trying a little bit too hard.

Top of the league and on the crest of a wave, he would be better served riding that wave I think.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 40
Hagrid
October 18, 2021, 9:17pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,390
Gold Stars: 529
They’ve been OTT on the town news recently, to the point of ramming it in your face on social media, tonights “ debate” on Lennie was not needed, and extremely naive
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 40
LH
October 18, 2021, 9:17pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,459
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from davmariner
Wouldn’t say The Shop is third choice. Now he’s getting back to fitness he’ll more than likely rotate with Taylor. I don’t think there’s a debate to be had. Most people know what The Shop brings to the team and perhaps the areas where we can get more from him on. But on balance he’s a useful player to have - particularly at this level.

I’m a Lenny fan. Having watched him play for Town before I know he’s not an out and out goalscorer but brings a lot to games that helps others to get them. I also think Saturday’s poor day in front of goal for him might have been magnified a bit because of the weaker opposition. There are definitely games where we’ll see the best of Lenny this season.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 40
KingstonMariner
October 18, 2021, 9:19pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
By the looks of his reaction on the Matchday Moments he frustrated himself. Will only get better with chances, but shouldn’t be picked ahead of Taylor.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 40
moosey_club
October 18, 2021, 9:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,205
Gold Stars: 224
Quoted from jamesgtfc
The new guy is possibly trying a little bit too hard.

Top of the league and on the crest of a wave, he would be better served riding that wave I think.

Expect him to be invited to host a fans forum in the near future where Lenny will be a guest player, doors bolted behind him as he enters the room, floor covered in plastic sheeting.....

Oh no, sorry...we have moved on.....

Expect him to receive a cordial invite and nice chat with Jason who can give him some pointers on positive communication.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 40
GY1
October 19, 2021, 1:30am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +131
Gold Stars: 1
Lenny missed chances. All forwards do, but he brings much more to the game and always gives 100%. He is an important part of this squad, and will prove his worth before the season is over.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 40
DB
October 19, 2021, 4:10am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.51
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,972
Gold Stars: 386
I was never keen on James Findlater but overhaul I would give his reporting 6 1/2. The new one well what can you say about him really? I think both Charles Ekberg and Geof Ford wouldn't have let him near a keyboard!

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 40
toontown
October 19, 2021, 7:45am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,248
Gold Stars: 70
Is this in relation to this article?

https://www.grimsbytelegraph.c.....grimsby-town-6075453

If so then I don't see what the big deal is. He's an independent reporter not a club propaganda piece. Im sure plenty of fans were asking similar questions, in fact they were on this site.

Unless it's a different piece?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 40
Fillipe Noche
October 19, 2021, 8:34am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
I understand the feelings of those on here, and those commenting on The Telegraph Twitter feed. But, when all is said and done, the article has probably been prompted by the topical discussion that is already taking place on the terraces, in the GTFC football community, and especially on this fans discussion forum.

Lenny is constantly discussed by Town fans, for his shortcomings as a finisher, even though the majority seem to still be fond of him for the other aspects of his game. Every time he plays or features, the same old Lenny discussions crop up. Every time considerations of a new striker crops up, the great Lenny discussion starts again.

So, to be critical of the new Telegraph journalist, for reporting on what is already a widely discussed topical subject seems to be harsh and unreasonable. Media outlets will report on things that are topical and popular subjects amongst readers.

To suggest that just because we are in a new era of positivity (at the moment), that a topic like this shouldn’t be reported on or debated, risks censorship of the press, and freedom of speech
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 40
ska face
October 19, 2021, 8:51am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,567
Gold Stars: 839
I think people are just absolutely desperate to cling on to the feel good factor around the club at the minute. Think people also resent being ventriloquised by someone who’s been in the door 10 minutes, and having a much-loved player publicly hung out to dry purely for financial reasons.

The lad’ll probably get a pat on the back from his superiors today for generating so much interest out of thin air, but it was heartening to see so many people stick up for LJL, even people I know who don’t rate him.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 40
DB
October 19, 2021, 9:11am
Barley Wine Drinker
According to Muck Rack this is our new reporter :-

Elliott Jackson on Muck Rack
Elliott Jackson  VERIFIED
Grimsby Town Reporter, Grimsby Telegraph
Football Writer, Yorkshire Live
Barnsley, Sheffield
Sports, United Kingdom

As seen in: Grimsby Telegraph, Yorkshire Live, Sunday Mirror, Manchester Evening News, Rochdale Observer, Wales on Sunday, Birmingham Live, Liverpool Echo, The Chronicle, Coventry Live, Coventry Telegraph, Belfast Live and more

Grimsby Town Reporter @grimsbytownlive & Football Writer @yorkshirelive👨🏻‍💻• Host @champchatpod24🎙• Championship & squad number enthusiast👕•

He appears to be a football reporter for Yorkshire Live as well as us. So he's not full-time for GTFC unlike his many predecessors such as Geoff Ford.

https://muckrack.com/elliott-jackson

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 40
quebec38
October 19, 2021, 9:30am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +1,576
Gold Stars: 48
Seemed to have a lot to say on the podcast didn’t he. Felt at the time like the way he went on he felt involved in the setup. It was all a bit weird.

Saying he thinks Sousa will be dropped against Yeovil, Lenny doesn’t strike the ball cleanly…. Then in the next breath says he’s only been to BP once.

GTFC journo for the local paper who knows nothing about GTFC. Odd choice for me.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 40
acko338
October 19, 2021, 11:48am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,225
Gold Stars: 33
The Shop will rough up centre halves, run hard to chase lost causes and through all that will find himself in shooting positions.

His ratio of success is probably lower than we want, but he does at least shoot, and create chances, not try to make more passes for moves to break down.

I'm sure that he is still not 100% match fit, but you know he will give his all for the cause.

He must know that Taylor and McAtee are the prime in form pair, so he will be the impact player in some games, or the "wear the centre half down" in others, depending on the opponents.

If his scoring record was better, then he would be playing elsewhere, but that could have been true for Livvo back in the day - you need a big physical presence to hold up the ball in some games against robust defenders - that's his strength, pardon the pun.

Forget 20 goals - that's a pipedream, but he does a good job with 100% graft when called on.

There will be games when that strength will help Town to win the tough encounters - remember those games when they come !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 40
arryarryarry
October 19, 2021, 11:56am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from ska face
I think people are just absolutely desperate to cling on to the feel good factor around the club at the minute. Think people also resent being ventriloquised by someone who’s been in the door 10 minutes, and having a much-loved player publicly hung out to dry purely for financial reasons.

The lad’ll probably get a pat on the back from his superiors today for generating so much interest out of thin air, but it was heartening to see so many people stick up for LJL, even people I know who don’t rate him.

"much loved"

I think that's stretching it a bit.
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 40
toontown
October 19, 2021, 12:57pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,248
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from quebec38
Seemed to have a lot to say on the podcast didn’t he. Felt at the time like the way he went on he felt involved in the setup. It was all a bit weird.

Saying he thinks Sousa will be dropped against Yeovil, Lenny doesn’t strike the ball cleanly…. Then in the next breath says he’s only been to BP once.

GTFC journo for the local paper who knows nothing about GTFC. Odd choice for me.

Well he's got an opinion and is expressing it, much like everyone on here, except he is paid to have one.

I don't recall whether lenny didn't strike that ball cleanly or not but it wouldn't be the biggest surprise in the world. The sousa thing is presumably picking up on what Hurst said post match and isn't unreasonable logic. It must be very tight now between bapaga and sousa.

The fact he has only been to BP once, yeah i agree that's really odd but symbolic of the way local press is going- it's really struggling and regionalising stuff is a money saving sticking plaster I guess.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 40
jamesgtfc
October 19, 2021, 1:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,941
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from toontown

Well he's got an opinion and is expressing it, much like everyone on here, except he is paid to have one.

I don't recall whether lenny didn't strike that ball cleanly or not but it wouldn't be the biggest surprise in the world. The sousa thing is presumably picking up on what Hurst said post match and isn't unreasonable logic. It must be very tight now between bapaga and sousa.

The fact he has only been to BP once, yeah i agree that's really odd but symbolic of the way local press is going- it's really struggling and regionalising stuff is a money saving sticking plaster I guess.

He's only been to BP once because he's only just started the job.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 40
1mickylyons
October 19, 2021, 2:42pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Lenny is a 6/10 player always gives his best and back up striker for a national league team is a good indication of Towns strength of squad. If we were to get a long term injury to Taylor or Mctee I’d want Another adding to the squad . Odd games and 15-20 minutes to see games out Lenny is a good fit and works the opposing centre halves.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 40
headingly_mariner
October 19, 2021, 3:32pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,320
Gold Stars: 113
I think Lenny is a really good player at this level and the fact that Taylor has started so well and Lenny has struggled with injury has clouded people’s memory of his quality. Yes we know his finishing can be ropey but I fully expect him to be pushing Taylor for the target man role when he’s fit.

Very noticeable that the #gtfc on Twitter is now constantly spammed with more clickbait shite than ever. The same interview hacked into about 500 articles with the link tweeted about 50 times that day.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 40
Fillipe Noche
October 19, 2021, 5:00pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
Crikey another gold star ⭐️

Thank you, whoever you are 💋
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 40
It Bites
October 19, 2021, 5:05pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.44
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,178
Gold Stars: 259
Quoted from Fillipe Noche

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😁
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 40
WesternMariner
October 20, 2021, 7:47am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Approval: +892
Gold Stars: 38

Two accounts?

All men are equal before fish.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 40
Meza
October 20, 2021, 5:50pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,631
Gold Stars: 50
I understand the feelings of those on here, and those commenting on The Telegraph Twitter feed. But, when all is said and done, the article has probably been prompted by the topical discussion that is already taking place on the terraces, in the GTFC football community, and especially on this fans discussion forum.

Lenny is constantly discussed by Town fans, for his shortcomings as a finisher, even though the majority seem to still be fond of him for the other aspects of his game. Every time he plays or features, the same old Lenny discussions crop up. Every time considerations of a new striker crops up, the great Lenny discussion starts again.

So, to be critical of the new Telegraph journalist, for reporting on what is already a widely discussed topical subject seems to be harsh and unreasonable. Media outlets will report on things that are topical and popular subjects amongst readers.

To suggest that just because we are in a new era of positivity (at the moment), that a topic like this shouldn’t be reported on or debated, risks censorship of the press, and freedom of speech

You've been with JF far too long FN, thats his line haha.

[URL=https://imgur.com/VCxdH2Y][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/VCxdH2Ys.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/uMRVvRe][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/uMRVvRes.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/5p7nllT][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/5p7nllTs.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/46BEw5M][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/46BEw5Ms.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/06NXnQF][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/06NXnQFs.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 40
KingstonMariner
October 20, 2021, 7:16pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Meza

Nah! Being fair to local media was never in his armoury.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 40
Davec
October 20, 2021, 7:30pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,440
Gold Stars: 42
Quoted from Meza

Unless he's an ABBA fan?😉
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 40
aldi_01
October 21, 2021, 8:08am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I like Lenny a lot, seems a decent bloke, I do think he brings something to the team and I appreciate he earned his move away from us on merit but he does seem to be a player that got better after he left…in our minds anyway.

He was frustrated on Saturday but the chances he missed were chances I’d expect a striker to bury. I know that’s not just Lenny’s game but if you’re only gonna get one or two, you have to make them count.

Taylor is rightly first choice and I’d actually argue that Mcatee is a better finisher of the ball than Lenny.

That said, I hope he does find his scoring boots and chip in…one thing we all know, he won’t let us down with effort and determination…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 40
supertown
October 21, 2021, 8:18am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,437
Gold Stars: 53

Have you noticed how the gold star is right next to the red cross and lots of people have fat fingers . Just saying 😬
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 40
Jarmo.Is.God
October 21, 2021, 9:14am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
No issues with the new lad not being a Town fan... in fact, it tends to make for better reading, as it's more neutral, rather than over optimistic, or bitter....

But yes, he seems to have tried to hard, too early, to make contact with fans, and just gone the wrong way, no hard feelings, and i'm sure he will bring us good content in months to come.

On the strange Lenny 'debate'.
Hes a solid non-league striker, who starts for 75% of the other teams IMO.
We are just extremely lucky to have Taylor, and Mcatee behind him... Nothing Lenny has done wrong/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 40
promotion plaice
October 22, 2021, 8:34am

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193

Getting back to the quality of the Telegraph, yesterday they reported that Jimmy Jackson (Winter Gardens) had died, full page article.

The Telegraph today have issued an apology, apparently he's still alive.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 40
supertown
October 22, 2021, 8:44am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,437
Gold Stars: 53
Quoted from promotion plaice

Getting back to the quality of the Telegraph, yesterday they reported that Jimmy Jackson (Winter Gardens) had died, full page article.

That’s gotta be the worst thing a paper can do . Can’t see the apology on line but the story has certainly gone
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 40
GollyGTFC
October 22, 2021, 8:46am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,973
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from Hagrid
They’ve been OTT on the town news recently, to the point of ramming it in your face on social media, tonights “ debate” on Lennie was not needed, and extremely naive

To be fair the people around us at Bromsgrove were largely of the same opinion as the one the new Telegraph bloke articulated in his column- LJL is no longer good enough.

People need to remember that the Telegraph are an independent publication and aren’t there to act as propaganda for the club.

Do I enjoy every article? No. But i didn’t under all his predecessors either. There’s only so much news he can report and the rest is padding.

And personally I think LJL is number 3 choice at present. I think McAtee would be ahead of him as striker (with Sousa, Bapaga & Clifton behind) if Taylor was unavailable.

I think he’s a good impact sub for us at present but if Hurst finds his number 9 we might not see much of LJL in match days squads going forward.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 32 - 40
BobbyCummingsTackle
October 22, 2021, 10:07am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,192
Gold Stars: 291
Quoted from GollyGTFC

To be fair the people around us at Bromsgrove were largely of the same opinion as the one the new Telegraph bloke articulated in his column- LJL is no longer good enough.

People need to remember that the Telegraph are an independent publication and aren’t there to act as propaganda for the club.

Do I enjoy every article? No. But i didn’t under all his predecessors either. There’s only so much news he can report and the rest is padding.

And personally I think LJL is number 3 choice at present. I think McAtee would be ahead of him as striker (with Sousa, Bapaga & Clifton behind) if Taylor was unavailable.

I think he’s a good impact sub for us at present but if Hurst finds his number 9 we might not see much of LJL in match days squads going forward.

If you're right (and I suspect you are) then we need to show some respect to him - he's worked hard for this club and came back when we were in the sh*t to try and get us out of it. He seems like a good bloke and deserves better than us turning on him.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 40
quebec38
October 22, 2021, 10:25am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Approval: +1,576
Gold Stars: 48
Weird because I go to most games and never hear Lenny getting any excrement.

Not good enough? At what? Nobody thinks he is peak Michael Owen apart from the new Telegraph guy. He’s meant to be strong and bring others in to play and he does both well. He’s a good squad player. In fact he’s an excellent squad player because he performs his role when he gets opportunity and when he doesn’t he just seems to get on with it.
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 40
DB
October 22, 2021, 4:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from promotion plaice

I think this post sums the GT/GL in this day and age. Quality left the sports pages when Geoff Ford retired. Likewise, the quality of content left when they shut the editorial office in Grimsby and gave it to Hull. Web pages load up with ads before the news and all the Reach group seems to want is profit, regardless of quality. The number of non-local articles just keeps increasing along with headlines for them suggesting they are local.

The GT/GL have now any little integrity they had left with the above story, which brings us back to the new/our  Yorkshire Live reporter. How much truth will be in his articles, or will it be manufactured to fill a page!

The GT is dead, thankfully the GTFC is alive and thriving.

UTM

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 40
wuffing
October 22, 2021, 4:59pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +831
Bring back the Cleethorpes Chronicle. Can you hear me Nigel?

'I walked in the dressing room. The window was open and I thought that a sea fret had got in. Then I saw smoke billowing from a pipe in the corner of the room...it was my centre-forward. He looked seven stone wet through. He went on to score thirty-odd goals that season.' Lawrie McMenemy on encountering the legend that was Matt Tees.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 40
Meza
October 22, 2021, 5:05pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,631
Gold Stars: 50
Quoted from DB

I think this post sums the GT/GL in this day and age. Quality left the sports pages when Geoff Ford retired. Likewise, the quality of content left when they shut the editorial office in Grimsby and gave it to Hull. Web pages load up with ads before the news and all the Reach group seems to want is profit, regardless of quality. The number of non-local articles just keeps increasing along with headlines for them suggesting they are local.

The GT/GL have now any little integrity they had left with the above story, which brings us back to the new/our  Yorkshire Live reporter. How much truth will be in his articles, or will it be manufactured to fill a page!

The GT is dead, thankfully the GTFC is alive and thriving.

UTM

I dont know the knew reporter, but looks like his over excited social media posts dont seem to have many comments or any on some since Lloyd had a word  lol.  Funnily enough in the GET articles it says Grimsby Town report, and not Reporter for Grimsby live

[URL=https://imgur.com/VCxdH2Y][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/VCxdH2Ys.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/uMRVvRe][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/uMRVvRes.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/5p7nllT][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/5p7nllTs.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/46BEw5M][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/46BEw5Ms.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/06NXnQF][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/06NXnQFs.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 40
promotion plaice
October 22, 2021, 5:11pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193
Quoted from wuffing
Bring back the Cleethorpes Chronicle. Can you hear me Nigel?

No need, there's no shortage of toilet roll anymore  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 40
friskneymariner
October 22, 2021, 5:11pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,157
They also delete any comment that it is critical of the appalling standard of journalism.It is like watching the terminal decline of a dearly beloved friend.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 40
DB
October 22, 2021, 5:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Meza

I dont know the knew reporter, but looks like his over excited social media posts dont seem to have many comments or any on some since Lloyd had a word  lol. Funnily enough in the GET articles it says Grimsby Town report, and not Reporter for Grimsby live

This is the trend. I noticed the other week one guy went from being chief reporter, to the lowly title of a reporter. The editor, whoever that is, probably did a spell check on him!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 40
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Telegraph

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.