16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
GtfcGarner
October 21, 2021, 9:29am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +30 / -14
Approval: +1,786
Gold Stars: 26
Will be going as a lonesome figure on Saturday as most of the lads are on shift. I debated just staying at home as not been by myself before but I'm enjoying watching town that much this year I can't stay away.

C'mon boys another 3 points will be delightful
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 152
HerveJosse
October 21, 2021, 9:59am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,207
Gold Stars: 143
Looking on ticket sales website for away the whole of blocks A and B have been made available for sale to away fans that’s about 900 seats which seems unnecessary for Yeovil. Around 40 have been purchased in block B and just 1 in block A,  . I agree with comments that that last 200 or 300 seats in Main have terrible views and are unlikely to impress a casual fan. Surely we are now at the point where other then the big 3 visitors we should put the whole of Osmond except Block A on sale to home fans from the beginning of ticket sales rather then add blocks late on after seats with poor views elsewhere have sold and casuals have already looked at it and thought no don’t fancy that. I appreciate this is a new phenomena  but it was predictable the Yeovil game would sell out after progress over the last month and we would have sold even more seats if  the Osmond had been more available from the start.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 152
pizzzza
October 21, 2021, 10:03am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from HerveJosse
and just 1 in block A,  

On your own
On your own
On your ooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwn
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 152
jamesgtfc
October 21, 2021, 10:17am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,955
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from HerveJosse
Looking on ticket sales website for away the whole of blocks A and B have been made available for sale to away fans that’s about 900 seats which seems unnecessary for Yeovil. Around 40 have been purchased in block B and just 1 in block A,  . I agree with comments that that last 200 or 300 seats in Main have terrible views and are unlikely to impress a casual fan. Surely we are now at the point where other then the big 3 visitors we should put the whole of Osmond except Block A on sale to home fans from the beginning of ticket sales rather then add blocks late on after seats with poor views elsewhere have sold and casuals have already looked at it and thought no don’t fancy that. I appreciate this is a new phenomena  but it was predictable the Yeovil game would sell out after progress over the last month and we would have sold even more seats if  the Osmond had been more available from the start.

I don't know what percentage of our capacity we have to contractually give but we might have to give 2 blocks to begin with unless the away team agrees otherwise.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 152
Poojah
October 21, 2021, 10:19am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,472
Gold Stars: 1,500
Quoted from HerveJosse

I don't think that's possible due to access to seats and facilities in the segregated away area. When limited to the Harrington Street corner, I believe away fans enter the ground through the vomitory which splits blocks B and C, so you can't have home fans beyond block C. I still don't see that being an issue for the overwhelming majority of games - we're still some way from selling out the larger portion of the Osmond.

Pic for reference:

[img]https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-Zd888Jt3Uv0/UDtMQUO5jAI/AAAAAAAAAAA/Yv1EzST5HT0/s1600/Blundell%2BPark%2B10.jpg[/img]

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 152
ska face
October 21, 2021, 10:19am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,640
Gold Stars: 840
Quoted from HerveJosse

I imagine there’s probably a minimum proportion of the ground you have to give to away fans, and although it’s unlikely they’d bring that many here, Yeovil did take 1000 to Weymouth (yeah I know) on Tuesday, so there’s always the potential they could have had a decent turnout. Then you’ve got issues like stewarding and access to arrange, not easy at relatively short notice when people like the Council & Police need to be involved. Also a duff result last Saturday might’ve knocked a few hundred off the gate, especially if we had a replay at BP this Tuesday gone.
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 152
woswwf
October 21, 2021, 11:32am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +22
Quoted from ska face

I imagine there’s probably a minimum proportion of the ground you have to give to away fans...

I think the NL rules state you have to give 10% or 600, whichever is greater. If Block A and B is approx 900, that sounds about right.

Private Message
Reply: 96 - 152
HerveJosse
October 21, 2021, 11:44am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,207
Gold Stars: 143
I aremain more optimistic then most on here on where we are now with potential crowd levels. If it is the case that only blocks Cand D in Osmond can be made available to home fans and given that realistically there are 300 seats at least in the rest of the ground where the views are unacceptable we are effectively now at capacity as Saturday will show. It would be a great shame if we are turning people away . Momentum is all . It is to be hoped new short term solutions will be forthcoming.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 152
mimma
October 21, 2021, 11:45am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,564
Gold Stars: 78
You have to make these numbers available for away fans, but if they are not taken up we can resell them if needed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 152
Poojah
October 21, 2021, 11:51am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,472
Gold Stars: 1,500
Quoted from HerveJosse
I aremain more optimistic then most on here on where we are now with potential crowd levels. If it is the case that only blocks Cand D in Osmond can be made available to home fans and given that realistically there are 300 seats at least in the rest of the ground where the views are unacceptable we are effectively now at capacity as Saturday will show. It would be a great shame if we are turning people away . Momentum is all . It is to be hoped new short term solutions will be forthcoming.

Block D and E (the two blocks closest to the Findus Stand) are currently open for the Yeovil game, and we’ve used Block C in the last for home fans - you’ll just lose a small chunk of it for segregation.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 152
16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Yeovil

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.