Poojah
October 20, 2021, 10:52pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,468
Gold Stars: 1,500
Quoted from 1739
1318 is what we can have from the osmond. 586 is capacity in the corner for away fans. There’s still 400 seats available at this moment in time in the rest of the ground with potential for 900+ more if needs be for the rest of the osmond as Block D in the osmond only holds approximately 400. We can’t  justify having 1300 empty seats in the home ends (yes granted 300 might be restricted view) to get temporary seating. The way the tide is changing though I may have to eat my words come the new year.

In terms of what's left right now, with the exception of a couple of single seats in the Lower Findus and Pontoon, you're basically down to the very front and back of the Osmond block or restricted review in the Main Stand (even those not technically listed as 'restricted review', between the pillars and the roof your view is going to be limited). I can see further sales being slow whilst the remaining pickings are so slim, so I'd expect them to open another block in the Osmond by Friday if not tomorrow.

Unless something goes horribly wrong against Yeovil and Wealdstone, Notts County is going to be much tighter and people will have to take what they can get - we won't have the luxury of much of the Osmond and I think there will be naturally greater demand against a club of County's size and who will bring a decent if not massive following.

Those kind of games are going to be few and far between though. For the vast majority of games we're going to have in excess of 8,000 seats available to Town fans if needed, and I'd be surprised if that wasn't sufficient for 95% of our remaining fixtures. Where it could get tricky is if things go to the wire or we're in with a shout of winning the title at home (long, long way to go before we start to think about that, mind), but I'm not sure the economics of installing a further 1,000 or so temporary seats would make commercial sense.

Regardless, how nice to be even giving this issue some thought.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 152
October 20, 2021, 11:19pm
Guest User
Quoted from Poojah

Regardless, how nice to be even giving this issue some thought.

Never in a million years did I think 3 months ago there would be threads on here discussing temporary seating.

I think you’d have looked more sane talking about shutting the osmond 3 months ago rather than contemplating temporary seating.

I’d be curious to see what we’ve budgeted for. Hopefully this extra income gives Hurst the funds to sign/ keep players required in January. I still forget that we’ve got 4 players in which Hollowords signed so hopefully we can shift to free up some wages (Rose, Morallis, Spokes, Gibson).

A rough estimation let’s say we’ve had 11 match days with an extra 2000 people coming through the gate paying an average of 15 quid each. That’s over £300,000 to play with if needs be. And looking at things at this moment in time we don’t need much do we? If we managed to keep all the loanees I’d probably say we’d only need a winger and a striker.
Reply: 81 - 152
Norseman
October 21, 2021, 12:02am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +286
Gold Stars: 48
We have budgeted for 4400 .Was told this by a very good source .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 152
KingstonMariner
October 21, 2021, 12:48am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Norseman

That’s an ambitious figure to have budgeted on. I can only think that 1878 were going to underwrite a fair chunk of that as not many would have predicted crowds above 3500.

So as it stands we’re about 1500 above that budget, or c. 35%

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 152
aldi_01
October 21, 2021, 5:41am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from 1739

Never in a million years did I think 3 months ago there would be threads on here discussing temporary seating.

I think you’d have looked more sane talking about shutting the osmond 3 months ago rather than contemplating temporary seating.

I’d be curious to see what we’ve budgeted for. Hopefully this extra income gives Hurst the funds to sign/ keep players required in January. I still forget that we’ve got 4 players in which Hollowords signed so hopefully we can shift to free up some wages (Rose, Morallis, Spokes, Gibson).

A rough estimation let’s say we’ve had 11 match days with an extra 2000 people coming through the gate paying an average of 15 quid each. That’s over £300,000 to play with if needs be. And looking at things at this moment in time we don’t need much do we? If we managed to keep all the loanees I’d probably say we’d only need a winger and a striker.

I think over the summer many did make comments about shutting the ossie completely.

I get that new owners have clearly helped with the uplift in interest, but when you’re winning and sitting top of the league, it doesn’t half help.

I think the way we’ve played has kept people interested and again, I don’t think even the most optimistic fan would’ve predicted this quick turnaround in style and form…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 152
dapperz fun pub
October 21, 2021, 6:36am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,926
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Norseman

That figure seems high to me considering what happened last season
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 152
jamesgtfc
October 21, 2021, 9:11am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,947
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

That figure seems high to me considering what happened last season

If it's true, maybe it's been set high because anything over that needs to go to he who shall not be named.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 152
supertown
October 21, 2021, 9:17am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,437
Gold Stars: 53
Quoted from Ashby mariner
https://www.instagram.com/p/CVQcSE9sK9W/?utm_medium=copy_link

They certainly enjoyed there win last night. Let's hope there not so happy on Saturday at 5pm

Sorry but a ‘double there’ ! The first one is ‘their’ and the second is ‘they’re’
Just saying
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 152
Jarmo.Is.God
October 21, 2021, 9:20am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Bit late on this one!
I can't go on Saturday, but against Dover, we got there just after 2pm.
Eventually got parked 20 mins later, and was closer to home, than the ground!

Misses was fuming as it was raining!!!
Even more so when i told her to fully expect a 0-0 ..... that soon changed  

Anyway, she's just as gutted as me that we can't go!
The feel good factor is grabbing people unexpectedly!

UTFM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 152
Poojah
October 21, 2021, 9:22am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,468
Gold Stars: 1,500
Block E in now open in the Osmond. Biggest crowd of the season looks nailed on, regardless of what Yeovil bring.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 152
16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Yeovil

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.