Poojah
October 19, 2021, 2:58pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,456
Gold Stars: 1,499
Quoted from 1mickylyons
Great support if we carry on at the top end of the table we’re nailed on for the best average home support in over 20 years . That’s staggering considering the level we’re at with virtually nil away support. We all need to carry this on digging out Town fans who stopped going for whatever reason hopefully we can turn 6k home fans into a regular 7k. Nice problem to have for the new owners who are clearly trying to do things the right way and have taken on board much of what came back via the fans survey. So proud to be GTFC

A lot of it will no doubt depend on how much momentum we continue to carry forward, but if things do continue on their current trajectory then I’d be hopeful of an average crowd of around 6,500 come the end of the season (particularly with the bigger away followings from Notts County, Chesterfield and Stockport still to come).

The last time we cleared that mark was in 98/99 (6,698’), after our double Wembley heroics and finishing in our joint highest league position since 1984 (and would have been higher had it not been for our woeful end of season form).

Of course, that season featured a number of away sellouts (including those green seats) from the likes of Sunderland and Sheffield United, so realistically our home support was probably the best part of 1,500 down on that figure, so we’re being significantly better supported now than back then.

In fact, you’d possibly have to go back as far as the late 70s / early 80s since we’ve been that well supported by our own fans.

It’s just mind blowing given we are playing at the lowest level in this club’s 143 year history.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 152
1mickylyons
October 19, 2021, 2:58pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
I’ve got my eyes on poaching new fans hopefully some youngsters from Brigg are coming to watch their first ever game at Blundell Park . This is or has been in recent times a Scunny area of support so only right we exploit their current woes . I’m hoping Town continue listening and start expanding their message to reach Brigg,Goxhill,Barton and Tetney to Skeg out the other way. The support is out there it just needs harnessing and we now seem to have the right people in position to build this support .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 152
LH
October 19, 2021, 3:04pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,492
Gold Stars: 173
Notts County tickets will be like golddust if we can get the win on Saturday.
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 152
mariner91
October 19, 2021, 3:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,583
Gold Stars: 260
Wonder if they’ll open up the area behind the directors, against Dover it was empty. Always ruins the look of the stand a bit with an empty area in the upper
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 152
1mickylyons
October 19, 2021, 3:09pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Unfortunately with Notts we will have to give them the Osmond and possibly the cage due to segregation issues ? The good news with Town doing that is we should see a decent ticket allocation at their place. The same applies to Chesterfield . Not sure any other visitors will bring more than 500 ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 152
DB
October 19, 2021, 3:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,002
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from DB
Yeovil play Weymouth away in the cup replay tonight. Hopefully, a Weymouth win might demoralise the Yeovil camp and give them something to dwell upon on their long journey north.

They have only scored twice and conceded 7 in their last 5 games, so I don't think they will fancy a free scoring Town with goalscorers all over the pitch. A full house in good voice will definitely mean a home win. The only question is how many will we score?

UTM

My above post seems to have upset a few on here which was not my intention. As many are aware I am very optimistic and positive and as many others will also know when something good is happening push it harder, embrace it and enjoy the good times. Even Hurst said after the Bromley defeat, let's start another run.

If you read my post, on another thread, you realise where my optimism is from an era where few on here will have watched. This was the 1979/80 season when we played 31 home games and scored 57 goals. The conversation going into the ground was always not are we going to win, but how many are we going to win by. That team included local lads, Drinkell, Ford and the Moore brothers.

We didn't care who we played that season at home because we only lost 4 home games and were promoted to what is now the championship. What my post was trying to show is that I believe this team is as good as the one I watched over 40 years ago and regardless of who we play, especially at home in front of a full house all teams, including Yeovil, will not fancy playing us.

We've now scored 16 goals at home in only 5 games and 30 in all games. What you might call our second string demolished Bromsgrove, albeit, they are leagues below us. Let's not forget that the team that started at Bromsgrove had not played a first-team match together before, and as someone posted the only man left on the field at the end who started the previous game was Sears.

Ok, we are only 11 games in but what a wonderful position to be in top of the league. What is there not to be passionate about with the future this season. The future is looking good, it's BLACK and WHITE.

So to all those I upset I am sorry, again it was not my intention, but my wish is for promotion this season, and looking back to 1979/80 we have a similar team and set up.

UTM

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 152
Ashby mariner
October 19, 2021, 3:57pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Approval: +471
Gold Stars: 8
Be good if County sell out the osmond should be a terrific atmosphere.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 152
Les Brechin
October 19, 2021, 4:02pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,700
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from Ashby mariner
Be good if County sell out the osmond should be a terrific atmosphere.

Well they should. Less than 80 miles away, just outside the play-offs and a big chance for them to make a big statement of intent.

Will be a poor show by their fans if they don't as far as I'm concerned.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 152
toontown
October 19, 2021, 4:25pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,267
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from Les Brechin

Well they should. Less than 80 miles away, just outside the play-offs and a big chance for them to make a big statement of intent.

Will be a poor show by their fans if they don't as far as I'm concerned.

I'd be surprised if they do tbh. Certainly won't sell out the main osmond section AND the osmond corner, so hopefully we can have the corner if they don't look like selling out the main bit in plenty of time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 152
lukeo
October 19, 2021, 4:30pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,371
Gold Stars: 145
Quoted from LH
Notts County tickets will be like golddust if we can get the win on Saturday.

Ssshhh please don't jynx it. I'm a mariners Trust exile and I have to wait until after the Yeovil game to get my Notts County ticket 😔 - - I'm coming up to see family for a few days and desperately hoping to be able to get to the game 🤞
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 152
16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Yeovil

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.