Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Yeovil
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 144 Guests

Yeovil

This thread currently has 24,180 views. Print
16 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Northbank Mariner
October 21, 2021, 3:56pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,431
Gold Stars: 171
I'll admit to this now ....my lad(massive GTFC fan) is bringing his best mate with him Saturday, he happens to be a Dull City pass holder but to quote "wants to come see what proper, winning football looks like"!!..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 152
Scenes on toast
October 21, 2021, 4:23pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +393
Gold Stars: 2
This is remarkable it really is, what a turnaround in such a shirt time. Surely we are into the realms of doubling our home attendances under our previous " Custodian " 🤬. Massive well done to all concerned UTM ⚫⚪⚫⚪
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 152
Heswall Mariner
October 21, 2021, 5:26pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +580
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from RonMariner

I don't think we should pay him off any sooner than we have to.  He agreed a three year repayment schedule (accelerated by any incoming transfer fees) so let's stick with that.  

I assume that he transfer fee clause only related to payers at the club when he left? Anyone know?

I agree with Ron here.
Presumably we have already accelerated the repayment by circa 500k.
(Pollock 250k, Dembele 100k, & Grist anything rumoured from 71.5k - 200k).
Any extra revenue should be retained for improvements on or off the pitch.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 152
mariner91
October 21, 2021, 5:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,540
Gold Stars: 258
I hope the lads are backed vocally. So far this season the fans have been really good and the positive atmosphere in the stands is so different after the simmering resentment that was only ever just under the surface under the long, dark Fenty years.

But this squad is class and they deserve our backing. No passenger, no hiders and everyone puts in the maximum. They fully deserve a loud and positive backing from the first whistle till the last and they usually respond too! UTM!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 152
rancido
October 21, 2021, 5:56pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,518
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Heswall Mariner

I agree with Ron here.
Presumably we have already accelerated the repayment by circa 500k.
(Pollock 250k, Dembele 100k, & Grist anything rumoured from 71.5k - 200k).
Any extra revenue should be retained for improvements on or off the pitch.

I understand it is a valid point. Of course we don't know what Hurst has lined up, player wise or if JS and AP see it that way. We also have the scenario that if we get promoted this season then there will  have to be a large influx of better players to combat a consolidating season in League 2. Maybe the extra income would be better used for that. There will be extra income from the FA for being in the league but surely it is better to keep funds in reserve for any other expenditure?

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 152
wuffing
October 21, 2021, 6:00pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +820
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from Scenes on toast
This is remarkable it really is, what a turnaround in such a shirt time. Surely we are into the realms of doubling our home attendances under our previous " Custodian " 🤬. Massive well done to all concerned UTM ⚫⚪⚫⚪

'In such a shirt time,' bloody hell, are you from Dull too?

'I walked in the dressing room. The window was open and I thought that a sea fret had got in. Then I saw smoke billowing from a pipe in the corner of the room...it was my centre-forward. He looked seven stone wet through. He went on to score thirty-odd goals that season.' Lawrie McMenemy on encountering the legend that was Matt Tees.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 152
Ruston AT
October 21, 2021, 6:07pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +426
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from 1739

At this moment in time we still haven’t sold out our tickets in the osmond and main stand though. I know when we have a big away following we won’t get the osmond but there’s only going to be 3 occasions (Stockport, Notts County and Chesterfield) in which we won’t get the entire Osmond. And by the time you get the temporary seating installed we’ll only have Stockport who will need more than just the corner.

easy, just give them the bare minimum. About time we loaded games in our favour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 152
Sigone
October 21, 2021, 6:11pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +12 / -4
Approval: +1,615
Gold Stars: 5
Instead of temp seats i would rather the club spent money on segregating a small section of the main stand for when we have away supporters that total less than 100.  Then sell the whole osmond to town fans.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 152
dapperz fun pub
October 21, 2021, 6:55pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,865
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Sigone
Instead of temp seats i would rather the club spent money on segregating a small section of the main stand for when we have away supporters that total less than 100.  Then sell the whole osmond to town fans.

Whs
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 152
Limerick Mariner
October 21, 2021, 9:01pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,639
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from Sigone

Games against the tinpots aren't the problem at the moment (though they may be if the current growth trend continues) - we can probably accommodate another 500 home fans in the Osmond and still segregate from the sub 200 away followings. It's the games against teams that will bring a few hundred - too many under current police policy (or is it GTFC?) to allow homes fans in the Osmond. This means there are empty seats in the Osmond but home fans are being turned away - I expect this will be the case v Notts.

We have split the Osmond before with full sell-out crowds - definitely Fulham in the play off semi, also Tottenham and West Ham? Also Oldham the last game before the Fulham semi was an 8k+ crowd and Oldham won't have brought more than 500.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 152
16 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Yeovil

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.