Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Flare / Smoke Bomb , either way you're a moron
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 105 Guests

Flare / Smoke Bomb , either way you're a moron

This thread currently has 6,012 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
supertown
October 17, 2021, 11:35am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,439
Gold Stars: 53
The ref seemed to spend a lot of time on his watch after the goal line goal . I reckon he thought he had goal line technology 😬. Or was pretending he did 😃
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 47
Poojah
October 17, 2021, 11:41am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,472
Gold Stars: 1,500
Quoted from newarkmariner

The photo is by Lee Blease and its on his twitter and clearly shows the ball at least a ft over the line,cracking spot by an otherwise useless ref

Yep, that’s in.

[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FB5DKdPWYAAb6do?format=jpg&name=large[/img]

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 47
Grimsby2012
October 17, 2021, 12:17pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +12 / -8
Approval: -1,466
Gold Stars: 22
[quote=140612]Whoever let the Flare off at today's game , you are a sad pathetic individual with obvious issues . Grow up or go support another team [/quote
It wasn't exactly a "flare" was it though... More of a joke shop smoke bomb. I think you overacting, to be honest.

No team will be fined for letting off a low profile smoke bomb unless it was thrown onto the pitch, or causes a high visual disruption like the ones at Borussia Dortmund.

If anything, low profile smoke bombs add to the environment if used correctly.

I blocked seeing red ticks years ago so go ahead   If I don't reply to you then i didn't read your replies  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 47
Davec
October 17, 2021, 12:29pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
Some people on here love over-reacting don't they.

I remember Altrincham away last time in the national League and a pyro got thrown on the pitch and the game got briefly stopped and I remember people posting on here saying things like "we're going to get all our points deducted" I think somebody even said once that we might get demoted 3 or 4 leagues

Same with the fans stepping 3 or 4 yards onto the pitch when we score and people are saying we are going to get points deducted etc.

I am more than aware that both of these are illegal and I am not saying either are ok, I just don't get the massive overreaction, anybody would think those guilty had committed murder!

Pyros and pitch invasions where goals are scored happen at most clubs, it's not just a Grimsby problem.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 47
aldi_01
October 17, 2021, 12:48pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Davec

I remember Altrincham away last time in the national League and a pyro got thrown on the pitch and the game got briefly stopped and I remember people posting on here saying things like "we're going to get all our points deducted" I think somebody even said once that we might get demoted 3 or 4 leagues

Same with the fans stepping 3 or 4 yards onto the pitch when we score and people are saying we are going to get points deducted etc.

I am more than aware that both of these are illegal and I am not saying either are ok, I just don't get the massive overreaction, anybody would think those guilty had committed murder!

Pyros and pitch invasions where goals are scored happen at most clubs, it's not just a Grimsby problem.

Perhaps this is the new thing to moan about…we’re doing well and the club has new owners with fresh ideas. We’re preprogrammed to moan so this is the new thing.

The over reaction is hilarious…I’m still waiting for someone to say people could die…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 47
Davec
October 17, 2021, 12:52pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
Quoted from aldi_01

Perhaps this is the new thing to moan about…we’re doing well and the club has new owners with fresh ideas. We’re preprogrammed to moan so this is the new thing.

The over reaction is hilarious…I’m still waiting for someone to say people could die…

Oh I remember people saying that back in the day that eventually somebody die as a result of a pyro, there are hundreds of pyros across all the leagues every weekend and I am yet to see the news that somebody has died as a result
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 47
Limerick Mariner
October 17, 2021, 12:53pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,693
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from Davec

Yes, but we have a bad reputation  GTFC have kind of said so, although not in those words

these regular disturbances could have significant ramifications on the club as well as the individuals involved. These include impacting our arguments when trying to maintain as many 3pm kick-offs as possible, receiving full allocations from away clubs as well as the numbers of stewards allocated to our supporters on away fixtures.

Why did Wednesday v Bolton KO at 3 pm the other day - 60 mile trip, plenty of trains, 3k away fans. Halifax v Grimsby Boxing Day no trains 12.30 KO...

It's almost like our fans are on probation - minor stuff at other clubs happens without a consequence, for us its something else for police authorities to point at when insisting on incoveniencing the vast majority,

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 47
aldi_01
October 17, 2021, 12:54pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Davec

Oh I remember people saying that back in the day that eventually somebody die as a result of a pyro, there are hundreds of pyros across all the leagues every weekend and I am yet to see the news that somebody has died as a result

Not just in this country either…literally happened at every single game on the continent…never a death.

My missus is not a football fan in the slightest but when she reluctantly came to the Derby Della Lanterna she thought the coloured smoke bombs were mega…KO was delayed, atmosphere was electric and nobody died…

It’s the new over reaction. There’s literally no evidence to suggest the club will get points deductions or huge fines…intercourse all else to moan about…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 47
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Flare / Smoke Bomb , either way you're a moron

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.