Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Flare / Smoke Bomb , either way you're a moron
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 194 Guests

Flare / Smoke Bomb , either way you're a moron

This thread currently has 5,954 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Croxton
October 17, 2021, 12:06am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +2,933
Gold Stars: 31
As stupid as the flare was, the attempted lock in could have been far more dangerous. Nothing was relayed over the tannoy about waiting a few minutes to allow home fans to disperse as sometimes happens when home and away fans egress onto the same busy road. The stewards allowed us to start moving towards the large gates then closed them! They had too few stewards/ Police to prevent us from simply opening one of them.

A chap carrying a toddler got involved with some of the stewards for the dangerous situation they created.
Fortunately most people were ambling out and no crush happened. Whoever made the decision to hold us back made a complete pig's ear of it. An orderly exit was turned into a potential flashpoint, Poor planning and zero communication.

I actually enjoyed the freedom to stroll around almost half of the ground, get a coffee, go to a loo with no queues and attend a rare F.A. Cup match on a balmy afternoon. Up to the point of leaving, I thought our hosts had done a fine job but the mini chaos at full time nearly tarnished it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 47
KingstonMariner
October 17, 2021, 1:20am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from moosey_club
I don't quite get this......if you watched it on TV , the angle was far from conclusive,  if you were at the ground it was at the other end....

The ref clearly looked across to the assistant/ linesman before giving it....as it was a set piece and the linesman was up with it....

Then...goal all day

Ref was quite close with an unobstructed view, though it was head on.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 47
arryarryarry
October 17, 2021, 4:15am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,938
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from newarkmariner

it wasnt that bad because because it was a rubbish flare that was extinguished quickly and caused no harm,i was stood about 15ft from it and nobody said a word,just like nobody on here highlighted the fact that flares were also set off in the home end,green smoke if my memory serves me right,if some sad muppet has wasted his hard earnt on that flare then maybe hes learnt his lesson,but we need to just calm down about it

If someone set off flares in the home end then those twits should be banned, I don't care who they are supposed to support.
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 47
arryarryarry
October 17, 2021, 4:21am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from aldi_01
For a forum that usually has pedants regarding grammar and the likes, it is baffling that nobody is pedantic about the difference between smoke bombs and flares…two very different things with very different effects on folk…

Who gives a fwck what they are called, they shouldn't be set off in the middle of a crowd at football matches.
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 47
arryarryarry
October 17, 2021, 4:28am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Ref was quite close with an unobstructed view, though it was head on.

There is a photo out there somewhere from a photographer behind the goal that clearly shows the ball 2 foot over the line, so must have been clearly seen by the linesman, so no doubt at all. I just hope that someone sends a copy to that useless pair of commentators who kept banging on about it but hardly mentioned the earlier penalty we should have had.
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 47
aldi_01
October 17, 2021, 4:46am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from arryarryarry

Who gives a fwck what they are called, they shouldn't be set off in the middle of a crowd at football matches.

But it is important, flares have w flame and I’d agree, are dangerous…so would a pair of my adidas trainers after a trip on the continent…smoke bombs are essentially that, coloured smoke…it makes a significant difference.

I guess this is our new thing; clubs doing well, teams doing well…must find something to moan about…

I’d agree with the poster RE: the gate situation at the end, the tannoy wasn’t really very clear and then to be greeted with a locked gate as people were under the assumption they could leave did cause a potential flare up…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 47
Theimperialcoroner
October 17, 2021, 6:35am

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -3
Approval: +5,088
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from arryarryarry

There is a photo out there somewhere from a photographer behind the goal that clearly shows the ball 2 foot over the line, so must have been clearly seen by the linesman, so no doubt at all. I just hope that someone sends a copy to that useless pair of commentators who kept banging on about it but hardly mentioned the earlier penalty we should have had.

Lino definitely gave it and not the ref. Just as you’d expect in such situations

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 47
newarkmariner
October 17, 2021, 6:36am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +5 / -4
Approval: +751
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from arryarryarry

The photo is by Lee Blease and its on his twitter and clearly shows the ball at least a ft over the line,cracking spot by an otherwise useless ref
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 47
thefish
October 17, 2021, 8:18am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -1
Approval: +2,267
Gold Stars: 67
Quoted from aldi_01

But it is important, flares have w flame and I’d agree, are dangerous…so would a pair of my adidas trainers after a trip on the continent…smoke bombs are essentially that, coloured smoke…it makes a significant difference.

I guess this is our new thing; clubs doing well, teams doing well…must find something to moan about…

I’d agree with the poster RE: the gate situation at the end, the tannoy wasn’t really very clear and then to be greeted with a locked gate as people were under the assumption they could leave did cause a potential flare up

Very clever…
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 47
codcheeky
October 17, 2021, 9:11am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/6dbDfvyQVUU/maxresdefault.jpg

This is a regular thing here , they call it atmosphere and no one seems to get hurt and no one seems to get to too upset,
I know it’s a different culture and we have to follow the rules or this kind of thing will become inevitable but pretending a smoke bomb from the local joke shop is some kind of lethal object is going a little far
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 47
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Flare / Smoke Bomb , either way you're a moron

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.