Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Our Russell...
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 124 Guests

Our Russell...

This thread currently has 2,682 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
pizzzza
October 12, 2021, 7:32am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,689
Gold Stars: 137
Glad Mr Slade found something else to occupy himself with since he won't be getting anywhere near a management hotseat anytime soon...

[url]https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-58873132[/url]
Private Message
psgmariner
October 12, 2021, 7:45am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Seems fair enough really. Good on him.

If the data isn’t accurate and well managed then it could have a massive impact on a player’s career.

Private Message
Reply: 1 - 14
Abdul19
October 12, 2021, 8:32am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,500
Gold Stars: 215
I assume Russell will be presenting a Powerpoint on this in court.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 14
golfer
October 12, 2021, 8:47am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,411
Gold Stars: 114
Transfer Market -------A  N Other plays or did play for a sports club in one of the leagues in one of the countries in the U. K. He or she plays or did play in a certain position in his or her chosen profession. He or she is or was inclined to use a preferred part of his or her body to enhance his or her performance .He or she was bought or sold for a certain amount once upon a time. This was or wasn't a record fee for the selling or buying party.   etc  etc  etc.      F.F.S.                                                              
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 14
Son of Cod
October 12, 2021, 8:59am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,327
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from psgmariner
Seems fair enough really. Good on him.

If the data isn’t accurate and well managed then it could have a massive impact on a player’s career.

Hmmm, I'm not so sure I agree on that. I don't think we should monetising stats. It'll end up with resources such as Transfrmarkt going behind a paywall. There's already a lack of stats for the general fan at Conference level and below. It could also see clubs who are doing their due diligence on transfer targets having to pay over the odds to scout players. I agree that this data can have an impact on a player's career, so it should somehow be regulated. There are also an endless amount of factors that can't be quantified that managers consider when signing a player, any manager worth his salt won't be relying on stats alone.

It's an interesting claim from Slade though and I'd like to hear him talk more about it, particularly how he believes Data Protection is breached.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 14
psgmariner
October 12, 2021, 9:04am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
If you have personal data then legally you have to uphold the Data Protection Principles:

used fairly, lawfully and transparently
used for specified, explicit purposes
used in a way that is adequate, relevant and limited to only what is necessary
accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date
kept for no longer than is necessary
handled in a way that ensures appropriate security, including protection against unlawful or unauthorised processing, access, loss, destruction or damage

At the moment it is unregulated and a free for all so doubt any of them are.

Private Message
Reply: 5 - 14
Mikey_345
October 12, 2021, 10:57am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Approval: +5,307
Gold Stars: 99
From what i've read he maybe on to something here, good on him to be fair.

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 14
HertsGTFC
October 12, 2021, 11:36am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,888
Gold Stars: 225
To be fair this is an issue when you consider how data is used in football and the consequences of it's mis-use in society.

Just think though if he's talking about suing it could be "no win no fee" if his football career had been based upon that I wonder if his house would be as big as it looks.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 14
arryarryarry
October 12, 2021, 11:54am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,062
Gold Stars: 116
Strange how he complained about GTFC not using an analyst and was I think the first GTFC manager to have one. I wonder how secure the data we held was and how he used it.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 14
AlwaysHaddock1878
October 12, 2021, 1:45pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +309
Gold Stars: 2
Well he is right, if data isn’t accurate… you lose trust.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 14
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Our Russell...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.