Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Any players from last season missed?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 148 Guests

Any players from last season missed?

This thread currently has 4,615 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Hagrid
October 10, 2021, 1:33pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,372
Gold Stars: 527
Quoted from golfer
2  4  1     Edwards  and  Matete  for  Coke

Coke?! He really did clone your ST card didnt he
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 45
DB
October 10, 2021, 1:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.51
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,971
Gold Stars: 386
My neighbour tells me he's missing Ludvig, not his playing ability but his lodge money!

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 45
mimma
October 10, 2021, 1:45pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,568
Gold Stars: 78
One thing I've noticed this season is that there is no scapegoat. There has always been a player that gets the wrath of the fans just by turning up, but this season every player gets nothing but plaudits. Strange?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 45
rancido
October 10, 2021, 2:01pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,525
Gold Stars: 96
The only player I miss was actually released the previous summer and that was Hassenthaller. Apart from that I am 100% happy with the squad. I think the balance is right and we have players available for many different formats. No square pegs in round holes.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 45
jamesgtfc
October 10, 2021, 2:27pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,941
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from pontoonlew
Owura Edwards and Matete are the only obvious choices for me, Matete really changed us and would walk into this side.

Says a lot that they weren’t even our players, although a few of the other loanees will be doing very well to be working at Tesco in the next couple of years

Sousa > Edwards
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 45
pontoonlew
October 10, 2021, 3:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,826
Gold Stars: 167
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Sousa > Edwards

Like the sentiment and really like Sousa but Edwards is a level above IMO
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 45
pontoonlew
October 10, 2021, 3:38pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,826
Gold Stars: 167
Quoted from mimma
One thing I've noticed this season is that there is no scapegoat. There has always been a player that gets the wrath of the fans just by turning up, but this season every player gets nothing but plaudits. Strange?

It’s almost as if fans weren’t out there to ‘get’ players nor did they specifically turn up just to moan, they just got dived on by other fans when they dared to question a players ability.

This season we have a team full of quality and effort and the fans have responded in kind.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 45
Kris2
October 10, 2021, 6:34pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,628
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from pontoonlew

It’s almost as if fans weren’t out there to ‘get’ players nor did they specifically turn up just to moan, they just got dived on by other fans when they dared to question a players ability.

This season we have a team full of quality and effort and the fans have responded in kind.

Instead the concern trolls have targeted Hurst and the second we have a couple of bad results they'll go all in on him and probably find a player to moan about. McKeown probably the main choice.
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 45
fishcake63
October 10, 2021, 7:13pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,235
Gold Stars: 62
Think waterfall / towler are at least as good as hewitt menayese , hunt & fox are at least as good if not better than anything we had last yr , people go on about matete & yes he was good but he played his part in our relegation , did he play 20 times or something , i think fox brings more & it mite not be everyones opinion , also think mcatee blinds everyone else talent wise from last year then taylor definatly an upgrade on hanson
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 45
SouthLakesMariner
October 10, 2021, 7:32pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +934
Gold Stars: 21
I was asking myself who’s got the best loan deal Cheltenham with Pollock or ourselves with Towler. Towler wins hands down in my book and l think has the brighter long-term future of the two.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 45
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Any players from last season missed?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.