Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Don’t forget!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 416 Guests

Don’t forget!

This thread currently has 6,016 views. Print
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
October 9, 2021, 7:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Woking and Alty were two of the league’s in form teams going into this week. The six points are a massive statement.
Private Message
ginnywings
October 9, 2021, 7:14pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
We used to lose to teams in poor form who everybody else was beating.

Now we are beating teams in form on their own patch. What a transformation.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 46
toontown
October 9, 2021, 7:20pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,159
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from ginnywings
We used to lose to teams in poor form who everybody else was beating.

Now we are beating teams in form on their own patch. What a transformation.

This.

Every time a team came to BP on a dreadful run of form they would get something out of it. Now we fear nobody and are showing why.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 46
DB
October 10, 2021, 12:57am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.54
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,876
Gold Stars: 383
I seem to recall we had a manager, Mick  Lyons, who had the phrase " Grimsby Grit" which his teams never had. We now seem to have that!

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 46
aldi_01
October 10, 2021, 6:45am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Hurst has done it again, and even his biggest critics need to acknowledge that. He’s assembled a side that’s hard working and everyone pulls in the same direction.

Naturally, nobody is expecting us to stay at the summit from now until May, we will have a excrement run, we will lose games but I think we’ve a squad that will dig in and fight…something we’ve lacked since probably the last time he was here.

Fans need to enjoy this, all the cry arsing about needing a striker desperately, a worried about Waterfall and Macca etc…just get on the bandwagon, enjoy it and remember…Fenty’s gone, the future looks much brighter and it’s a joy to watch us at the minute…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 46
Ipswin
October 10, 2021, 8:52am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from aldi_01
Hurst has done it again, and even his biggest critics need to acknowledge that. He’s assembled a side that’s hard working and everyone pulls in the same direction.

I am very willing to concede that no problem as things stand right now it's fantastic and well done to Hurst. Not only have we got a superb footballing side but the fans are enjoying it which is what it is all about, its supposed to be an entertainment.

However I want to see where we are in May before I change my mind about his appointment, for me final league position is the most important factor every time. An entertaining defeat in the playoffs won't cut it for me

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 46
buckstown
October 10, 2021, 9:24am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,121
Gold Stars: 77
I don't think there was ever any doubt that PH would assemble a team that "works hard and pulls together".
The difference this time is that he's also assembled a team with flair, skill and the ability to score great goals. This run may not last forever, but man I'm enjoying the ride!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 46
lukeo
October 10, 2021, 9:30am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,304
Gold Stars: 134
I'm sorry I had to give my first red cross in a long time for you. Seriously, we're not man united.. We're not the 'biggest' team in this division. I can name at least 8 teams who are aiming for promotion. 8 doesn't go into 2 sadly. Yes we all want promotion. Yes we all want success. But are you telling me you want him sacked if wee finish 2nd playing loverly football and lose in the play off final? (for example)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 46
realist
October 10, 2021, 10:02am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,687
Gold Stars: 41
Even I am starting to come round to the GTFC revolution. Might even catch a game or two. Things are looking really good.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 46
Oly1987
October 10, 2021, 10:03am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,227
Gold Stars: 22
Swin are you seriously suggesting Hursty is a failure if he fails to take us back up first time round? I mean even if you disregard the fact we all know how difficult this league is (took us 6 years last time) did you really lookat us at the start of the season and go "yup definitely champions this year". I doubt it and if you did you'd have been fairly called out for being bonkers.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 46
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Don’t forget!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.