Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back (merged)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 99 Guests

Just Back (merged)

This thread currently has 9,112 views. Print
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
forza ivano
October 9, 2021, 5:41pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,159
Gold Stars: 265
Huge win against a very good woking who were well organised,hard working and in the first half a real threat up front  .lovely to be stood in warm sunshine instead of getting drenched
think we ,bit by bit, and v slowly got on top 2nd half.The difference in the end was our superior fitness and 1 bit of quality finishing.  The first half they looked excellent going forward, lots of pace, skill n clever interplay. We were hanging on at times.mcatee,fox and hunt wasnt at their best and taylor was muzzled by 2 enormous centre halves.
2ndhalf we were much better, got stuck into them and they started to fade and were less of a threat.  Fox had a great shot superbly saved but there was nothing the keeper could do with Cliftons 20 yard arrow into the bottom corner.  Motm for me was waterfall who was really up against it but hardly put a foot wrong.
Really important win with almost all the top half winning
Logged Offline
Private Message
barralad
October 9, 2021, 5:48pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Decent end to end game. Woking had a plan and stuck to it for 75 minutes. Our back four were magnificent to the point where Macca had very little to do. Ultimately Woking ran out of ideas and Clifton took full advantage with his second great strike of a fantastic 8 days. It's already been said but Waterfall is an absolute revelation this season. Talking all the time-helping Ryan and generally marshaling the defence.
The midfield stuck to the task in hand but the way Woking play Taylor was left to pick up scraps. The only slight negative was the final ball in particularly from Sousa lacked accuracy.
Woking are a team who've hammered Chesterfield and beaten Notts and Dagenham. We've come away with a great result. Whisper it quietly...this team is going places.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 44
Les Brechin
October 9, 2021, 5:54pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,701
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from barralad
Decent end to end game. Woking had a plan and stuck to it for 75 minutes. Our back four were magnificent to the point where Macca had very little to do. Ultimately Woking ran out of ideas and Clifton took full advantage with his second great strike of a fantastic 8 days. It's already been said but Waterfall is an absolute revelation this season. Talking all the time-helping Ryan and generally marshaling the defence.
The midfield stuck to the task in hand but the way Woking play Taylor was left to pick up scraps. The only slight negative was the final ball in particularly from Sousa lacked accuracy.
Woking are a team who've hammered Chesterfield and beaten Notts and Dagenham. We've come away with a great result. Whisper it quietly...this team is going places.

This team is going places

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 44
jamesgtfc
October 9, 2021, 6:00pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,954
Gold Stars: 190
Woking have just had 4 consecutive games against some very good teams at this level. They beat Notts County, Chesterfield and Dag & Red so this is a great win.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 44
TAGG
October 9, 2021, 6:01pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,962
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from forza ivano
Huge win against a very good woking who were well organised,hard working and in the first half a real threat up front  .lovely to be stood in warm sunshine instead of getting drenched
think we ,bit by bit, and v slowly got on top 2nd half.The difference in the end was our superior fitness and 1 bit of quality finishing.  The first half they looked excellent going forward, lots of pace, skill n clever interplay. We were hanging on at times.mcatee,fox and hunt wasnt at their best and taylor was muzzled by 2 enormous centre halves.
2ndhalf we were much better, got stuck into them and they started to fade and were less of a threat.  Fox had a great shot superbly saved but there was nothing the keeper could do with Cliftons 20 yard arrow into the bottom corner.  Motm for me was waterfall who was really up against it but hardly put a foot wrong.
Really important win with almost all the top half winning

Agree with this.
They just shaded the first half, out back four were outstanding.

We were a lot better second half, Hurst's substitutions worked a treat.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 44
DB
October 9, 2021, 6:03pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,999
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from barralad

After last season, sod that

THE TEAM IS GOING PLACES like back to the EFL.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 44
mimma
October 9, 2021, 6:09pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,564
Gold Stars: 78
Attendance 4,478, that's a bloody good crowd for them.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 44
RonMariner
October 9, 2021, 6:10pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,658
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from mimma

How many from Town?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 44
TownSNAFU5
October 9, 2021, 6:17pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,876
Gold Stars: 42
RH said 889.  A mate quoted Kristine as saying 1,100, seems there were ticketing issues.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 44
Heisenberg
October 9, 2021, 6:19pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,035
Gold Stars: 93
I’m still waiting for someone to point out that Towler isn’t called ‘Ryan’……
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 44
RonMariner
October 9, 2021, 6:20pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,658
Very impressive either way.

Attendance that is.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 44
cardiffmariner
October 9, 2021, 6:26pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +1,314
Gold Stars: 24
Quoted from Heisenberg
I’m still waiting for someone to point out that Towler isn’t called ‘Ryan’……

I’m assuming he means Sears.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 44
wuffing
October 9, 2021, 6:26pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +835
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from mimma

The Grimsby factor.. ☺️

'I walked in the dressing room. The window was open and I thought that a sea fret had got in. Then I saw smoke billowing from a pipe in the corner of the room...it was my centre-forward. He looked seven stone wet through. He went on to score thirty-odd goals that season.' Lawrie McMenemy on encountering the legend that was Matt Tees.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 44
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
October 9, 2021, 6:41pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,689
Gold Stars: 72
Tell you what, looking at how other players have stepped up in this league, would love to see max wright get into the starting line up
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 44
Ashby mariner
October 9, 2021, 6:43pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Approval: +471
Gold Stars: 8
Just at the services. Games like today make you realise how good the drive and determination is with this squad. Probably the best town team I've seen in the last 15years plus. I thought we mainly controlled the game with out creating to many chances. They always looked a threat coming forward. If of been happy with 00 but to win it like we did is unbelievable
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 44
fishcake63
October 9, 2021, 6:47pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,224
Gold Stars: 62
Just on train , glad we didn't get rid of waterfall he was superb again today alongside towler , also harry your goal your workrate love it , few underpar after alty but signs are we will be in the mix  utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 44
louth_in_the_south
October 9, 2021, 7:06pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,672
Gold Stars: 94
Woking are a decent team with big men all over the pitch that made it difficult for us to get any football going .
Defence stood firm against set pieces brilliantly from start to finish and a big tricky guy up front who loved to run at our defence.
Taylor up front on his own had no look in against their monsters in a back 3 and we played in front of them for long periods especially in the second half .
Kept going and didn’t settle for a 0-0 which would’ve be enough an ok result leading to Cliftons smash into the bottom corner .
Well done lads . Keep it going and we’ll be right up there no doubts .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 44
buckstown
October 9, 2021, 7:41pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,178
Gold Stars: 79
What a lovely afternoon standing in the autumnal sunshine after the Bromley deluge.
Impressed by Woking especially in the first half, thought they were very mobile for such big guys and were a bit lucky with a couple of free headers being off target.
Disappointed that we gave the ball away as often as we did but we were very good at winning the ball back. Think PH mentioned that we top the stats for ball recovery.
An hour in I would have settled for 0-0 as I couldn't see us creating a threatening chance and despite their pressing I can't recall Macca having a save to make
Then step up Mr. H Clifton, one of own I believe, with a sumptuous strike. Lovely
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 44
KingstonMariner
October 9, 2021, 7:47pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Very good win that. Feared we weren’t going to break them down and they looked dangerous in parts. Big bûggers!

But the team kept going, limiting their chances, and patiently trying to break them down. As the game wore on we got more possession, not necessarily leading anywhere apart from the odd nearly moment. Still they let going, passing by and passing and passing. Keeping the ball, drawing a foul. I think that contributed to wearing them out, and created a chino of space in the box allowing Max to cross it to Harry who finished it off surgically.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 44
HertsGTFC
October 9, 2021, 8:17pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
On the way from the car to the ground I was reflecting on the same game in 2013 when Dis scored a winner in the 90th minute, I thought to myself wouldn’t a winner at that point of the game be nice today, I can tell you now it was.

This was a really big result against a physically strong, well organised and in recent weeks free scoring Woking side. The players deserve lots of praise for their resilience and application as it didn’t quite click like it has done in the last 2 games, they where rewarded for this with a well worked and well finished goal.

All the players deserve praise but once again Waterfall and Towler stood out as part of the strong spine we currently have.

One thing to point out is that today we lost possession of the ball a lot, well more than normal, sometimes quite softly but the desire and application to tackle and win it back isn’t something I can say I’ve seen in the past, it gives me a really confident feeling that that attitude is spot on.

The players worked their socks off in what has been a busy schedule when you look at the away miles covered as well as the fixtures it wasn’t the prettiest for sure but a massive win today.

UTM!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 44
Stockport Mariner
October 9, 2021, 8:31pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +553
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
Woking are a decent team with big men all over the pitch that made it difficult for us to get any football going .
Defence stood firm against set pieces brilliantly from start to finish and a big tricky guy up front who loved to run at our defence.
Taylor up front on his own had no look in against their monsters in a back 3 and we played in front of them for long periods especially in the second half .
Kept going and didn’t settle for a 0-0 which would’ve be enough an ok result leading to Cliftons smash into the bottom corner .
Well done lads . Keep it going and we’ll be right up there no doubts .

I think we will find it easier against sides like Altrincham who try to play football, as we can out-football them. Think we will find it harder against the more physical sides such as Woking and Bromley, so that was a great result today. Watched the Bromley v Torquay match on BT this afternoon, the Bromley players are all flipping massive!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 44
Sussexmariner
October 9, 2021, 9:00pm

Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +618
Gold Stars: 18
Don’t know how the town fans sounded on the radio but I thought we were a bit muted for most of the game not until the goal anyway, I think  that was down to us being stretched the whole length of the pitch in a open terrace and also around the corner behind the goal.

As for the game, agree with most people on here, Woking centre half’s were man mountains, Taylor got nothing from them all game and for such a huge bloke their centre forward was quite skilful and a handful for Waterfall but once again he showed he’s the best centre half in this division (Towler a very close 2nd)

Woking were a well organised side and will be up there at the end of the season but Town now should fear no team in this division.

Are we any closer to getting promoted since Hurst has been here? No

Has he been given time to achieve promotion by the chairman and fans? Yes

Hurst out
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 44
blundellpork
October 9, 2021, 9:12pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +1,655
Gold Stars: 32
Agree that Effiong looked a handful for Woking. Good on the ball for a big man and worked a few openings.

A reasonable number of half chances, but very few that needed saves from either keeper, Fox having the only saved strike that I can remember. A fairly even game which we perhaps edged as the second half passed by.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 44
moosey_club
October 9, 2021, 9:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Just back in GY.
Tense game, rode our luck at times, played well at times, wasteful at times but again 100% effort throughout.

Woking a very big physical challenge, probably the first one this season, we stood up to it well and after a nervy start settled in and played the possession well.

Guilty of overplaying at times and when we did get in behind the pull backs and crossed just not quite hitting the targets.

Kept plugging away and became more dominant as the game went on but very few attempts at goal, Fox hitting a beauty that the keeper saved very well after a direct surging run.

Time running out and super sub max wright enters the fray, little bit more impetus from him, a great shout from Harry, a great pass from Max and boooooommmmm!!! Sweet as you like, great goal from 20-25 yds.

Just the 5 mins left to bring on Pearson and concede ground for the crosses to come but we survived.

Hard work this week against a stubborn Woking outfit but still 3 points in the bag.

M.o.m  Fox for me.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 44
GrimRob
October 9, 2021, 9:46pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
Town just kept going and seemed confident that they would eventually break Woking down, provided they didn't concede. I don't think there are many Grimsby sides in the last 10 years that would have come here and got 3 points with scoring just one goal. The strike for our goal will get the headlines but the defending was exceptional and the clean sheet a fitting accolade.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 24 - 44
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
October 9, 2021, 9:50pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,824
Gold Stars: 553
Surely this thread should be retitled ‘Woking From Home (WFH)’?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 44
ska face
October 9, 2021, 10:23pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,640
Gold Stars: 840
They were the biggest side I’ve ever seen, absolute freakshow, was like the team of monsters in Space Jam.
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 44
forza ivano
October 10, 2021, 12:52am

Exile
Quoted from HertsGTFC
On the way from the car to the ground I was reflecting on the same game in 2013 when Dis scored a winner in the 90th minute, I thought to myself wouldn’t a winner at that point of the game be nice today, I can tell you now it was.

This was a really big result against a physically strong, well organised and in recent weeks free scoring Woking side. The players deserve lots of praise for their resilience and application as it didn’t quite click like it has done in the last 2 games, they where rewarded for this with a well worked and well finished goal.

All the players deserve praise but once again Waterfall and Towler stood out as part of the strong spine we currently have.

One thing to point out is that today we lost possession of the ball a lot, well more than normal, sometimes quite softly but the desire and application to tackle and win it back isn’t something I can say I’ve seen in the past, it gives me a really confident feeling that that attitude is spot on.

The players worked their socks off in what has been a busy schedule when you look at the away miles covered as well as the fixtures it wasn’t the prettiest for sure but a massive win today.

UTM!

thats an excellent summing up of our performance
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 44
forza ivano
October 10, 2021, 12:56am

Exile
Quoted from ska face
They were the biggest side I’ve ever seen, absolute freakshow, was like the team of monsters in Space Jam.

yes but they also had some pace, skill and technical ability. as P.H. said they will be top 5 this season - i was very impressed; one of the best non league sides ive seen
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 44
toontown
October 10, 2021, 1:19am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,269
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from ska face

Haha. That made me laugh!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 44
Ashby mariner
October 10, 2021, 6:06am
Lager Top Drinker
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Approval: +471
https://www.cardsboard.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11162

Fair and balanced veiw of us on the Woking forum.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 44
aldi_01
October 10, 2021, 6:39am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
How times have changed…most of us would’ve put waterfall out the entire squad after last season…now they’re saying he was excellent.

It’s always good to see other teams compliment you and I think they have a very balanced view. I’d have taken a point after the week we’ve had but always happy with three points.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 44
LH
October 10, 2021, 8:16am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,499
Gold Stars: 173
Quoted from Ashby mariner
https://www.cardsboard.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11162

Fair and balanced veiw of us on the Woking forum.

The second opposition in a week to call us the champions-elect. That is really good to read/makes me so nervous going forward.
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 44
KingstonMariner
October 10, 2021, 9:30am
Meths Drinker
I was surprised by the crowd. See the table on p2 of that thread. Their biggest in the league for yonks. 4th overall biggest in the league. Only bigger one this century was against Aldershot (as were most of their other big crowds).

OK 900 we’re us, but 3500 of them is still good for this division.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 44
ginnywings
October 10, 2021, 11:24am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,107
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from KingstonMariner
I was surprised by the crowd. See the table on p2 of that thread. Their biggest in the league for yonks. 4th overall biggest in the league. Only bigger one this century was against Aldershot (as were most of their other big crowds).

OK 900 we’re us, but 3500 of them is still good for this division.

We are even boosting the home crowds of other teams. They can't resist the pull of the Mariners.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 44
GrimRob
October 10, 2021, 11:24am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
Woking's second-highest attendance this millennium, and fourth in their entire history. Not bad for a league game in October against a side 200 miles away.  

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 35 - 44
forza ivano
October 10, 2021, 11:26am

Exile
Quoted from GrimRob
Woking's second-highest attendance this millennium, and fourth in their entire history. Not bad for a league game in October against a side 200 miles away.  

and it should be 200+ on that figure quoted - Krsitine is adamant that there were 110 there and there are loads of reports of them giving up on scanning tickets and just letting people in
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 44
TownSNAFU5
October 10, 2021, 11:42am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,876
Gold Stars: 42
In the NLP today their manager said that he had no complaints as we are a good team.  

I read somewhere that we have the best stats for regaining possession.  We work so hard to do this.

The manager of our next league opponents Yeovil had some very scathing comments about his team:

“That was dross some of it.  The front four looked like children really and some players have slipped out of form.  It was a little alarming to say the least.  We were useless up front for 60 mins.  

We deserved the booing from the fans at the end.  It was just so weak and we were not comfortable having the ball and being brave.  First half it was like having a mouth without teeth.  It was soft.  We could not keep the ball in the final third.  I could have taken all 4 midfielders off.  We were weak”.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 44
Son of Cod
October 10, 2021, 12:03pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Was a tough game for our usual attacking outlets to get into, so full credit has to go to the entire defence who I thought were excellent. Without them yesterday we might well have not been in a position from which we could have won it in the 87th minute. I thought everyone worked incredibly hard but that the likes of Hunt, Fox and McAtee struggled to get time on the ball. Fantastic support again, great reaction to Clifton's goal. These day outs are an absolute pleasure right now. Also what a response to the defeat at Bromley. Three wins out of three since then, well done to the whole team. Every single player is stepping up right now.

Quoted from ska face

Yep, their number 6 made Waterfall look like normal sized. Absolutely huge team, who nullified our threat from corners just like Maidenhead did. In fact they were similar to Maidenhead defensively but perhaps didn't press us as well as they did but the flip side of that was that Woking were better on the ball and posed more of a threat.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 44
Les Brechin
October 10, 2021, 1:06pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,701
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from forza ivano

and it should be 200+ on that figure quoted - Krsitine is adamant that there were 110 there and there are loads of reports of them giving up on scanning tickets and just letting people in

I'm fairly sure there were more than that there.  

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 44
Sussexmariner
October 10, 2021, 2:05pm

Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +618
Gold Stars: 18
Quoted from forza ivano

We had 4 tickets on one phone and it wasn’t scanned, they just looked and waved us in! and that was the case for the town supporters before and after us in the queue.

Are we any closer to getting promoted since Hurst has been here? No

Has he been given time to achieve promotion by the chairman and fans? Yes

Hurst out
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 44
DB
October 10, 2021, 6:01pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,999
Gold Stars: 386
The one thing that concerns me about the varying number of fans in the ground is that the figures are not accurate. If, for any reason, the ground had to be evacuated how would they know the exact number inside?

Sorry to mention it but Hillsborough and Bradford come to mind.

Just saying.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 44
rancido
October 10, 2021, 10:43pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,572
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from DB
The one thing that concerns me about the varying number of fans in the ground is that the figures are not accurate. If, for any reason, the ground had to be evacuated how would they know the exact number inside?

Sorry to mention it but Hillsborough and Bradford come to mind.

Just saying.

That scenario would only be of concern if they did a head count on those who had evacuated the ground. That would be nigh on impossible with approx 6,000 people milling around in the side streets and on Grimsby Road.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 44
KingstonMariner
October 10, 2021, 10:52pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from rancido

That scenario would only be of concern if they did a head count on those who had evacuated the ground. That would be nigh on impossible with approx 6,000 people milling around in the side streets and on Grimsby Road.

Grimsby Road is a long way from Woking.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 44
rancido
October 11, 2021, 1:47pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,572
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Grimsby Road is a long way from Woking.

Sorry but I thought the reference was to BP - that Heineken is strong stuff!!! lol

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 44
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back (merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.